**NEW** DM800SE Clones are on the Market

gsmtech

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
The new DM800SE clones are ready in stock for shipment from China suppliers, quoted prices are 249 dollars including delivery by DHL to the UK. So around 150 quid ! Basically samer CPU as a DM500HD but with internal SATA hard drive support and an extra USB 2.0 port. I also hear media player is much improved and can play many formats natively.

Check alibaba and you can see more pics, i've uplaoded some pics I found of new tuner and motherboard.

- 400 Mhz Broadcom CPU. (standard DM 800HD = 300mhz),
- Dual Smartcard slots (standard DM800HD = single slot).
- Colour OLED (standard DM800HD = Monochrome OLED).
- Larger integrated tempreature controlled silent Fan.(DM800HD = small non tempreature controlled fan OR no Fan on Ferarri clone).
- New SIM 2.1 (SIM 2.01 on DM800HD).
- HDMI port. (Dm800HD = DVI).
- No more Serial port, flash via Mini USB.
- New Broadcom based plug and play tuner supports high symbol rate (DM800HD = ALPS tuner).

DM800se.jpgDM800se_tuner.jpg

General rule of buying clones is do not buy the early models. they normally take a while to get it right

thats what i was thinking but surely the box couldn't have needed that much more work on top of the regular dm800 clones in development.
if i had the cash i'd get one.

...then again, if i had the cash i'd buy a gold plated rolls royce.

Ferarri team have announced theyre also releasing a version of the Dm800SE clone, which is apparently going to be ready 15th July. Good for end consumers Ferarri Vs SIM 2.01/2.10 Team keeps prices down and support healthy.

The clone wars continue ....

Ferarri team have announced theyre also releasing a version of the Dm800SE clone, which is apparently going to be ready 15th July. Good for end consumers Ferarri Vs SIM 2.01/2.10 Team keeps prices down and support healthy.

The clone wars continue ....

They are already out mate and seen people posted how good and fast they are :) Not temeped myself but just reading but Dm8000 clone out for a while too and same results lol

Cant post links coz hitler is still alive here rotflmao but google is your friend :p

They are already out mate and seen people posted how good and fast they are :) Not temeped myself but just reading but Dm8000 clone out for a while too and same results lol

Cant post links coz hitler is still alive here rotflmao but google is your friend :p

Yeah the SIM2.10 Versions are already out, not the Ferarri versions, they are out estimated 15th July. DM800HD clone is supposed to be pretty good as well still around 360 quid though, if it drops to under 300 quid will be worth a look....

Yeah the SIM2.10 Versions are already out, not the Ferarri versions, they are out estimated 15th July. DM800HD clone is supposed to be pretty good as well still around 360 quid though, if it drops to under 300 quid will be worth a look....

Iv seen it the DM8000 clone for £390 in the uk but thats to much £300 i would have one lol

Couple of more pics, reviews are starting to surface now from people who have these units and so far reported to be very fast boot up and operation in comparison to standard Dm800HD. Also no issues reported yet with any SD or HD glitching. Picture quality also supposed to be very good and improvement ovr DM800HD maybe due to the newer tuner type.

- BUT - there was an identified issue with early 1st production units and card readers not working, this has been rectified I believe with a board mod, so future units should be OK. This is why it's best to WAIT and not buy early release models !!

s8303572.jpgs8303577.jpg

thats what i was thinking but surely the box couldn't have needed that much more work on top of the regular dm800 clones in development.

If it only needed tweaking why did it take so long to produce it?

Iv seen it the DM8000 clone for £390 in the uk but thats to much £300 i would have one lol

Go on mate You know you need it :p

really tempted by the 800se, nearly had one of those "dream" se boxes a couple of months ago, yea it was a dream lmao

warlord

i want one, now that me sky is coming to an end, new to all this tho, need to read a bit about it ..... HELP lol

Small post just to say be careful when buy one of these clones, As some company are stating that they are DM800HDSE but when you read the spec they are running the 300Mhz processors and not the 400Mhz processors. Also it seems to me that they are trying to get rid of the old DM800se. Always check the spec. Hope this helps.

Small post just to say be careful when buy one of these clones, As some company are stating that they are DM800HDSE but when you read the spec they are running the 300Mhz processors and not the 400Mhz processors. Also it seems to me that they are trying to get rid of the old DM800se. Always check the spec. Hope this helps.

thanks mate... always wary about things like this.... maybe some one could point me in the right direction of a trusted seller, by PM of course lol

Bit misleading that post...There is no such thing as old DM800SE.... There is only one DM800 SE = 400mhz CPU, Colour Front OLED, New Broadcom based tuner (no ALPS REV J, K, L3, M etc), New Revision SIM 2.10 cards, tempreature controlled large internal fan, slightly larger case size, Dual Smart card readers.

The current non SE clones are either DM800HD or DM800HD PRO - they have 300mhz CPU, single colour OLED, ALPS tuners REV M for the PRO model, single card slot., SIM 2.01, Ferarri or ESTAR SIMS.

It's possible some unscrupolous traders and companies maybe trying to confuse people into buying the standard DM800 or PRO version clones by claimin they are SE models...best was to tell is ask them for pictures, of internal and front of the case giveaway is the colur OLED and motherboard layout and Broadcom tuner on the SE models.

Up until last week there were NOT any DM800SE clones on the market.... Im guessing this launch was delayed because Ferarri were pushing the Dm500HD clone, where SIM2.01 team were still pushing sales of the DM800HD PRO models...this is why you have seen DM800HD PRO models drop in price in the last few weeks...the SE was nearing completion...

Last edited:
The current non SE clones are either DM800HD or DM800HD PRO - they have 300mhz CPU, single colour OLED, ALPS tuners REV M for the PRO model, single card slot., SIM 2.01, Ferarri or ESTAR SIMS.

Hi gsmtech mate

but shouldnt that be a "mono" OLED ? if not im getting really confused as well

warlord

Hi gsmtech

The reason that I stated this info in my last post is that there are many chinese site selling dreambox se and dreamboxhd and many more boxes with different names stating
that they are the New Arrivals, but when you look at the spec it is not the DreamboxSE. Please note that the dreamboxse on the chinese site are listed in lower case letters. I'm only trying to help everyone. It's good to talk

Hi gsmtech mate

but shouldnt that be a "mono" OLED ? if not im getting really confused as well

warlord

Yes mate. Mono is the same thing, means it's only one colour, black background, white text.

Last edited:
Hi gsmtech

The reason that I stated this info in my last post is that there are many chinese site selling dreambox se and dreamboxhd and many more boxes with different names stating
that they are the New Arrivals, but when you look at the spec it is not the DreamboxSE. Please note that the dreamboxse on the chinese site are listed in lower case letters. I'm only trying to help everyone. It's good to talk

I agree with you, I have seen some of these on some sites as well, It looks like some sellers have added the SE tag to older clones that are not actual SE units.

So anyone looking to get a SE, you need to make sure you ask the right the right questions of the seller and confirm the specificaton before ordering.

Hi guys ,

i wanted to get full hd so will upgrade from my dm500s ,,so reliable but no hd ..i've just recieved the new dm800 se clone box ,connected to network and typed in the ip address into browser but no sign of flash facility thru browser ,,will get my head around it but with it being fairly new there does not seem to be much info as yet ,,thinking the 800 hd images will be ok to flash? but which one?? all help appreciated from you more experienced guys ,,probably a steep learning curve compared to my old faithful dm 500 but fun learning ..

Back