Netgear problem, think it may be goosed !

Ah, I think the one I have is wired. You need a wireless one?

yea needs to be wireless mate :(

although aint the wgr614 all wireless ?

I do need a Ethernet switch for downstairs as well, small 5 port one if anyone got one of them in a draw lol

Just lifted this from the problem pages.....

1. When the wireless router is in the factory default state, type
http://www.routerlogin.net/basicsetting.htm in the address field of your browser, then click
Enter.
When the wireless router is in the factory default state, a user name and password are not
required.
2. The browser will then display the WGR614v7 settings home page shown in Figure 3-3

.... just wondering if that URL will let you in to it?

Messa

give netgear a ring see what they say, hopefully you will get a tech that speaks english and can fix your error, or at least tell you if its fecked,

Got a new one people, same model for £20 local from flea bay :)

it looks to be a virmin issued one, in virmin box etc... but expect will be same router...?

Cheers all for ya help.

Bill

thast unreal that the bloke in the shop gave you a crossover cable for a bloody router ! what the hell was he not thinking...? jesus......

If you have messed with pins and that then maybe it has popped something...

When your doing your reset on the router you are holding the little button down for about 15 seconds, there's 2 resets on them, a basic one and the factory standard one. ( i've read your post like and you do say your doing it)

When your trying to get to the config page of the router you have one cable from your pc to one of the ports on the router ( not the internet one ) and then you could try telling your pc that to get ip address automaticly, just wondering if it's got some conflict now? ( has your pc's got a static ip addresses) if this don't work......

you could also try giving your ip address on your machine a static one 192.168.1.10 and then restarting the router as well, and even disabling and re-enabling the NIC.

nero says that he can get an ip address......is this the computer picking it up? but then you can't get into the config page of 192.168.1.1 ?

just refresh me, is it the whole thing that now won't work or just port 4?

don't forget you need to reset the modem and that as well after messing with your router etc.

Last edited:
thast unreal that the bloke in the shop gave you a crossover cable for a bloody router ! what the hell was he not thinking...? jesus......

If you have messed with pins and that then maybe it has popped something...

When your doing your reset on the router you are holding the little button down for about 15 seconds, there's 2 resets on them, a basic one and the factory standard one. ( i've read your post like and you do say your doing it)

When your trying to get to the config page of the router you have one cable from your pc to one of the ports on the router ( not the internet one ) and then you could try telling your pc that to get ip address automaticly, just wondering if it's got some conflict now? ( has your pc's got a static ip addresses) if this don't work......

you could also try giving your ip address on your machine a static one 192.168.1.10 and then restarting the router as well, and even disabling and re-enabling the NIC.

nero says that he can get an ip address......is this the computer picking it up? but then you can't get into the config page of 192.168.1.1 ?

just refresh me, is it the whole thing that now won't work or just port 4?

tried loads of things mate, held button in for a while... router looked to reset 3 times, lights all on, then off, then on..etc.

Even with only the power in, number 4 light is still on after resets and being powered off all night.... so think its goosed.
Not sure on the ip side mate, although neorage checked it over and hes pretty good with pc bits.

the number 4 light looks to flash 6 times, then 6 times in a loop if that means anything.

As I say, think I goosed it by swapping pin 1 an 8.... moving RX+ to earth... earth to RX+. ....

didnt realise had to move other wires etc... again bloke in shop just said the two outside ones.

got a good mind to take the router to the shop and demand a new one :p

i am astonished that a guy in a shop is as thick as that and really needs his head looked at...thats the whole point of routers, there all plug and play and thats why you don't need cross over cables.....as for changing a pin then he's off his face......

so on the front of the router mate when nothing is plugged in light 4 flashes ?

I agree I would take the router in and explain it blew when you plugged in the wrong cable that he supplied.

He should replace it, but after listening to his abilities so far I wouldn't bank on it.

You up and running with the new router?

Messa

not set up yet but got another wgr614 v9, so just gotta set it up.

Dont know if I should uninstall the old one, and reinstall this one as a new set-up ?

As the old router was a v6 or 7... will it work fine on the pc as is ?

Ty

should work fine mate, just don't plug that home made cable into it......: multi :

Back