Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need a new image

magicalbeef

VIP Member
VIP Member
Hi guys
My mates DM800 is playing silly buggars. All of a sudden it fails to tune, and the network connection works, but does not sync the time and date or anything. Its currently using an old nabilosat blackhole image. The specifics on the box are as follows
Security Sim A2P
Tuner ALPS bsbe2-401A 962241g
It is a clone box, so I know I cant just throw any image on. Id like to use a BH or Jade image if at all possible
Cheers in advance guys

The time error is due to the tuner not tuning into a stream so it can't set itself. It could be that your mate or the image has gone silly and reset the tuner config so it's worth checking that its all in order if you haven't already. Do you know if its a sim 2 clone and if its sim 2.01? That'll tell us what images you can use :)

Sent from my telephone.

no idea mate sorry, the sim has the writing "Security Sim A2P" on and that is it, and the box if fairly old
Cheers

Here is a post with screen shot
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/293426/#post2159909

I was on bootloader on sim201 clones and upgraded to an image using bootloader #84. As with all info, use at own risk. On one of the boxes I have gone down to #82 as this is what was specified for the blackhole image.

Just make sure you flash the bootloader again after flashing image before rebooting. IE seems more successful at flashing.

Last edited by a moderator:
What colour is the SIM card ? Are you sure it's a clone the original boxes had security SIM A2P but could also be an old SIM 1 card...which means you might be able to upgrade the card to a Ferari card (SIM 1 is an old product of the team which later became Ferarri team). Dont try flashing any images or bootloaders untill you verify your SIM type. This will determine which images you can or cant use.

Last edited:
it doesnt come up with that image, it just says dream then had a load of small numbers underneath. The sim card is white.
Cheers

If it's any help the markings on my mobo are

DM800V8-HD-CS
SD 803v8(000000001-99999999)

SD803++-90909-003

The security label on the SIM says dm800v9

Manufacture date 10/2010.

Thanks mate, don't really know what that means to me tho. Anyone know the best image to use and that is compatible with the info I've provided? Thanks, and cheers Abu for the help :)

If it's any help the markings on my mobo are

DM800V8-HD-CS
SD 803v8(000000001-99999999)

SD803++-90909-003

The security label on the SIM says dm800v9

Manufacture date 10/2010.

Without identifying your sim version it's not possible to tell you which image will definitely work. But you already have a bootloader 72 image on the box and its working, so by that logic find any image that has boot loader 72 integrated and don't go higher. I think you have a sim 1 , from the color and markings you mentioned on the sim . if so it might be possible to upgrade your sim to a Ferrari sim then you can use newer images and newer bootloaders. Try the above at your own risk though ! Unless you can as mentioned identify your sim version you won't know which images will work and you risk bricking your box.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

If he bricks his receiver, will it be just a case of replacing the Sim?

@MagicalBeef, does your unit have a fan on the CPU cooler?

Back