Anyone tried a Ferrari sim?

Howe did you manage that mate?

In the box I had the SIM was located beneath the tuner with the slot for the SIM pressed up against the metal side casing.

I have it on good authority that you will be able to buy these Ferrari sims for less than £25 delivered in the UK very soon. I was prepared to pay more than that, so to me it doesn't seem unreasonable, cheaper than buying the kit to update a SIM2.01 chip, assuming you understand Chinese...

The Ferrari team are not interested in the end user market, too small, which is why they are quoting high prices for singles. A dedicated end user website is on the way, where you can buy the sims, and download the images.

can you upload a link m8 when they are availabe? also does it help stop the glitching?

stef

can you upload a link m8 when they are availabe? also does it help stop the glitching?

stef

Sure, will do.

I haven't noticed any difference personally, my HD glitching stopped when I added a line amp. The tuner drivers are the latest DM files, but I understand that many 800 clones have very bad tuners, and you would need to change some board mounted components (resistors and capacitors AFAIK) to cure it completely, and it is hardly a DIY job, unless you really know what you are doing.

Google "Dreambox Made in China OEM" for a board with more info, should be first result.

thx m8. i dont think its all tuner related tho. as sometimes it goes hours and no glitches, then maybe glitches like mad. as i said in a previous post i think its vermin. my internet comes an goes too.

thx m8. i dont think its all tuner related tho. as sometimes it goes hours and no glitches, then maybe glitches like mad. as i said in a previous post i think its vermin. my internet comes an goes too.

That's most likely the problem m8, if you are a cs client, and you don't consistently have better than 0.7 pings, you will get glitches. Not a tuner issue if this is the case.

can i fix that using software or anything. sorry if i sound dumb but im just getting in to this and im learning a wee bit everyday.

can i fix that using software or anything. sorry if i sound dumb but im just getting in to this and im learning a wee bit everyday.

You may need to reconfigure your network to get things working smoother, your cs host may be able to help. It could be many different things causing the problems...

not plugging the site but just saw linuxsat are selling all the new dm800 with ferrari sims

Just had a mail from these guys, it will be 3-5 weeks before the card hits the market, and a site has been setup to handle sales:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

There isn't much on there yet, but prelim prices have been announced :)

:err:

Where?

On the linuxsat site m8, just go to the dm800 page and you can't miss it...!

banners.jpg

Is that a ferrari car, it's a bit big to fit in my DM800 :)

JohnO

Hes not selling the sims alone just yet.

And he won't be able to...

From the ferrari card site's FAQ:

Q. Where can I buy one?
A. The Ferrari Sim Card is only available for end users via this website.

I've been told that the factory will be selling the cards direct to clone builders, but all end user sales are via this website.

And he won't be able to...

From the ferrari card site's FAQ:

I've been told that the factory will be selling the cards direct to clone builders, but all end user sales are via this website.

I bet he will ;)

Back