Anyone tried a Ferrari sim?

mrbleu500

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've been testing one of the new Ferrari sim cards, and they are looking very promising for guys with older DM800 clones. I bought my clone from Yaoxin 8 months ago, with a BL72 Sim2 and while it has been mostly great, it was amazing the transformation this chip made.

With a patched image (DE BH 1.2.4 OE1.6 - BL75) it has just come alive, the zapping speed has improved, the video quality is way superior than before, and I'm now getting DVB subtitles. I am even able to upgrade the box with the official DM drivers :)

Best of all, and I can't confirm this yet for obvious reasons, I am assured that this sim is upgradeable in the box, which means when a new BL version is released, you just need to load the new patched image and it should work :)

The current sim2.01 chips used by the clone vendors is a vmlinux hack which limits it to OE1.5 at the moment, until they crack the latest version. The Ferrari card is a bootloader hack, which is much more future proof, so I'm told.

A lot of the clone vendors will be offering this card in preference to the sim2.01, some are already advertising it, but as it is still in beta (with no upgrading possible) I wouldn't buy one just yet.

There is no word yet on if they will be selling these chips to end users, but I'm sure there will be a lot of interest from peeps with older clones :)

Last edited:
I've been trying to get hold of one from the usual sellers but withou any joy....

Will do Bod m8 :)

Prices I've read about range between $80 -$90 which seems a bit steep, if it was less than £50 I might be interested. Mine is a beta which doesn't update...

Just loaded the new Dream Elite BH 1.3 OE1.6 Multiboot with USB DB-T tuner support, and is working nicely :)

Only the WinTv-Nova-T USB currently supported, and I don't have one of those, I'll wait until there is a DVB-T2 version supported before going down that route, but looks very interesting.

The patched Ferrari version was released only a few hours after the official DE release which is a good sign...

Had an email from ferrari team (i think) $30 per sim which if true is not bad. Will kepp everyone posted.

Confirmed with ferraricard guys, street price will be $30-32 plus shipping, which seems like a pretty nice price, around 20 quid!

- Sounds good, now if they only fixed the tuner and heat issues we'd be on to a winner

Hmm, maybe I'll grab another DM800 clone afterall....

I'll see how things pan out, I'm in no rush.

Dear Sir,

Accept by paypal, paypal account: [email protected], delivery charge to eur is usd30, paypal handling fee usd15

So $75 all in, too much for me at the moment. If anyone grabs a few of them i would be happy to take one off them for a good price but $45 is a bit steep for postage.

Dear Sir,

Accept by paypal, paypal account: [email protected], delivery charge to eur is usd30, paypal handling fee usd15

So $75 all in, too much for me at the moment. If anyone grabs a few of them i would be happy to take one off them for a good price but $45 is a bit steep for postage.

£24 For a poxy little Sim card. It costs less for a DM500 clone lol

JohnO

£24 For a poxy little Sim card. It costs less for a DM500 clone lol

JohnO

Its more, they are just the delivery charges, add an extra $30 for the actual SIM.

The main hope i have is another team also finds the ferrari bootloader exploit and there is some competition in the market.

Its more, they are just the delivery charges, add an extra $30 for the actual SIM.

The main hope i have is another team also finds the ferrari bootloader exploit and there is some competition in the market.

I have it on good authority that you will be able to buy these Ferrari sims for less than £25 delivered in the UK very soon. I was prepared to pay more than that, so to me it doesn't seem unreasonable, cheaper than buying the kit to update a SIM2.01 chip, assuming you understand Chinese...

The Ferrari team are not interested in the end user market, too small, which is why they are quoting high prices for singles. A dedicated end user website is on the way, where you can buy the sims, and download the images.

Pardon my ignorance here fellas, but will this be a soldering jobby?

for £25 I might attempt it lol. :proud:

:Cheers:

Pardon my ignorance here fellas, but will this be a soldering jobby?

for £25 I might attempt it lol. :proud:

:Cheers:

Like changing a sim on a mobile m8...

Just open the box, and flick off the front panel, then slide open the sim carrier and replace the chip.

If you can do it on a phone, you won't have any problems

If you can do it on a phone, you won't have any problems

I don't know many phones where you need to remove the motherboard to replace a SIM. ;)

But yes, it is an easy task, but not quite the same as a phone. :)

I don't know many phones where you need to remove the motherboard to replace a SIM. ;)

But yes, it is an easy task, but not quite the same as a phone. :)

I got into mine without removing the motherboard, the tuner has to come out though, anyone has any info on cheap cards please PM me.

Back