Navigo GPS Sat Nav Unit - UK Mapping, 3.5" Screen ALSO plays MP3 & MP4 - Free Deliver

nice one! im also gonna try and run route66 as well! and gonna try miomap which looks good too. also found a site with loads of games as well and will try them all! pocket UFO looks good(remember the microprose UFO game???)

I've got miomap 3.2 running on mine at the moment and have to say I prefer it to tomtom.

Worth a look

Crazy

Didn't there used to be a thanks button on this forum? I get confused between sites these days.

Same here mate. I'm putting it down to old age. I was doing the same thing just the other day :)

Edit: I just add to rep instead.

Don't say that. I'm thirty in two months time. :(

I just ordered the Navigo and two 1gb SD cards. It does't have text to speech which was one of my main criteria, but a cheap price makes up for it and you can preview your route with Tomtom I think (at least the road names anyway).

/me clicks thanks button, if there was one ;)

you could always add to his rep, click the rep button which has a tick on it
10mu0kl_th.gif

its a perfect tomtom! it recalculates straight away

it has the proper soft voices

night mode

dimmer

i used it yesterday to get to my mates in london and it worked perfectly, was a little concerned with the battery life though (you get a plug in 12v charger tho) dont think i charged it enough. it comes with a 1 gig SD card with the sat nav prog on it(called turbodog). just get another sd card and drop the tomtom software on it and you can interchange the cards to suit. not sure if it supports sdhc cards but check out play.com as there selling 2 gig sd cards for £6.99 delivered. also pm me anyone regarding software/maps for this.

Nice one FATBOY. I'm useless at sorting these GPS devices out. PM sent, hopefully you can point me in the right direction on how to sort these maps out.

installing tomtom

is there a guide for installing tomtom on this device?

will make a guide up and reply to pms regarding software later. bloody shopping first!!! lol

See Post #1 for adding TomTom Maps or click HERE !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much I will give this a try once my device arrives. Thanks again love this forum.

FATBOY - Thanks for the info mate, I appreciate your help via PM :Cheers:

you will see the normal start up screen. then click the NAVIGATION icon. a pocket pc style screen will load up. look down the list for SDMMC and double tap that(best to use the stylus)

then tap TOMTOM 6 final folder. and look to the right and you will see 3 folders. Guam,mobilenavigator and voices. double tap mobilenavigator and look down the list for mobilenavigator and the red hands logo. double tap and tomtom splash screen will appear and then load up.

tap map screen ,change prefs,scroll across with right hand arrow till you get to show GPS status. click on it
then configure, and change to other NMEA GPS receiver and change GPS baud rate to 4800, then click COM 1. DONE

now change maps change prefs, scroll to manage maps, change maps and you will see GUAM and UK and IE major roads. click UK and IE major roads and then thats it all done!

do u have to do this every time u turn on the sat nav ? or is it just the first time of loading ?

Just ordered one :)

wife said no as she reckons it wont get used lol she will have a shock when it arrives at the door :Hit: lol

something new to pay with ;)

if you leave the tomtom program loaded up and just switch off with the top standby (doesnt run battery down) button, and not the on/off switch on the right hand side of the unit, it will stay in the tomtom program!!! :0)

excelent :) cheers FATBOY

EDIT: what happens if u want to change back to original card,does it just load as normal ?
just incase tom tom scews up,u never know lol

Last edited:
swap the cards back as normal! plus you get a backup CD with the original software!

Have I got a duff unit??

The button on the top will not switch it off or on, I have to use the side button, do I have to hold it for a certain period or is it shafted?

Dont seem to do shit, also just realised if I turn the sound down on the side of the unit it turns itself off

Think I need to send this one back

Bugger

Last edited:
Mine has arrived today but cant play with it until the weekend when I get home.
Not bad, ordered at the weekend and delivered already

Have I got a duff unit??

The button on the top will not switch it off or on, I have to use the side button, do I have to hold it for a certain period or is it shafted?

Dont seem to do shit, also just realised if I turn the sound down on the side of the unit it turns itself off

Think I need to send this one back

Bugger

If its one thing Im impressed with at eBuyer, its their return policy. If your gonna send it back, you need to raise an RMA. Remember to get a receipt when you send it back as you can claim that money back.

Back