Navigo GPS Sat Nav Unit - UK Mapping, 3.5" Screen ALSO plays MP3 & MP4 - Free Deliver

got to get one of these , bargain at that price :banana::banana:

GPS signal constantly lost

i've installed TT6 and although it works quite well there have been times where i have lost gps signal for upto 30 minutes. this happens constantly and frankly i dont think i can rely on it. Also its slow to initially turn on (where you have the scenery picture) takes approximately ten seconds.

Does any one else have these problems?

I had Tom Tom v5 on my mobile and that worked perfectly everytime.

If the GPS signal is going for upto 30 mins at a time mate, thats not really a tomtom issue as tomtom is just software, your unit may be faulty or it might be where you are driving... If the device doesnt have a signal there isnt much tomtom can do :)

You could also try using the software that came with it (TurboDog) for a day just to see if the same thing happens. That will rule out TomTom if it does the same thing.

I have had mine take about 5 mins to get a signal when first turned on but it doesnt actually loose it once its got it.

Thanks guys for your answers.

When i use the button at the top to to turn it off, rather than the side one, it drains the battery quickly. I dont use it everyday maybe once every fortnight so when i do the battery is dead if i hav switched it off from the top.

as suggested i will try turbo dog again to see if it loses the signal too.

I'm also glad that i know now that this issue is not the software but rather than the unit.

so once again

thank you guys.

Windows C.E isnt really designed to turn off, which is why a lot of PDA's and these Sat Nav units dont actually have a full on off switch... Usually the on off switch just turns off the screen but everything is still running on the unit, this will drain the unit however it will mean everything is still running in the background... When your using the actual on/off switch on the side your actually turning off the whole unit, which means it has to restart itself, which for the GPS unit is a cold start. I think someone mentioned somewhere that it can take upto 15 mins or so to pick up a signal the first time you turn it on.

HELP! Tomtom v6.000 (No FIND button)

Thought i'll post in the Sat nav setion but it doesnt seem to be open?

For the money this unit is great,i used the download from http://www.cgsgaming.net/mainmenu/index.htm all up and running in no time

tomtom v6.000 maps6.75

i've got just one small problem ,If you goto
1)Navigate to
2)POI
3)POI near you
4)Select a Category ie:Railway stations
It brings up the list of about 100 stations in 40mile radius if its outside that radius im stuffed.On my friends TomTom units when it list the Stations it has the Bar at the bottom the right butoon says BACK same as my Navigo but on the Left is Says FIND this is missing on my unit,this brings up the Keyboard and you can type the station you want.

Is there a way of getting this button active in the set up or does a higher tomtom version include this FIND button ie 6.020 / 6.030 etc?

I know i could select POI then POI in city but you dont know always what city the your POI is in

hopes this makes sense

thanks nyck

Thought i'll post in the Sat nav setion but it doesnt seem to be open?

For the money this unit is great,i used the download from http://www.cgsgaming.net/mainmenu/index.htm all up and running in no time

tomtom v6.000 maps6.75

i've got just one small problem ,If you goto
1)Navigate to
2)POI
3)POI near you
4)Select a Category ie:Railway stations
It brings up the list of about 100 stations in 40mile radius if its outside that radius im stuffed.On my friends TomTom units when it list the Stations it has the Bar at the bottom the right butoon says BACK same as my Navigo but on the Left is Says FIND this is missing on my unit,this brings up the Keyboard and you can type the station you want.

Is there a way of getting this button active in the set up or does a higher tomtom version include this FIND button ie 6.020 / 6.030 etc?

I know i could select POI then POI in city but you dont know always what city the your POI is in

hopes this makes sense

thanks nyck

mate, whats the name of the unlock file you used.....no file named 'unlock file' there?

Not sure what u mean by unlock file

nyck

there is no *unlock* file for which u speak of

Thank you all Rat was kind enough to sort me out. just waiting for the thing to arrive now before i start playing :)

Hello All,

I just received my Navigo... the size is nice.. and TT works fine... on it. ;P

I just wonder if I can installed another type of GPS software, Mapking (mainly, due to the Asia countries oriented maps) as I will be travelling to that region soon. The system requirement http://www2.mapking.com/en/EnglishRequirement.htm

But, I am not sure if this will works?

Thanks in advance

Arrived yesterday, can't go wrong for £50. didn't take long for it to pick up the satellites, also pick up a signal indoors and on the train this morning so can't faulty it. didn't really try the turbo dog satnav just went straight onto tomtom and using the 8 windows menu hack

8window.jpg

Back