Nandpro - Could Not Detect Flash Controller

need to get some zzzzz's dude if you get stuck revert to this its more up to date

cheers mate.

Just found the Infectus Toolbox too. I'll be off to sleep after got the 3rd dump.

speak to yas tmw with more problems :D

amazingly.....the first 2 files are matching,

Still that same bad block however

3 matching dumps!! well I never!!!

But I still have the bad block.

I ran it in Infectus tool and I get this info

Size - HY27US08281A-X360
Data - 512
Spare - 16
Pages - 32
Blocks - 1024
Position - 5

Total Pages : 32768
Bad Pages : 2
Empty Pages : 1466

I've just pressed Detailed Log too

it says

Bad Block at 0x17FA00
Bad Block at 0x17Fc10

Odd that the detailed log shows 2 bad blocks but the nandpro dos screen at time only mentions 1

Any help on what I need to do now please?? I've searched and found mention of using Degraded also - but that crashes the moment I press to open the file - on 3 different pcs (XP Vista and Win7)

update.......

well I think I've got Degraded working, by searching for a 1BL key as used in the timing attack (DD88AD0C9ED669E7B56794FB68563EFA), ticking Valid, and then setting "File System Start" to 39 (are these values ok to use tho or are they specifally for the timing attack and NOT to be used for this?

With the settings like that anyway, degraded does at least let the bin file load

The info says

CB Version 1903 LDV 0
CD Version 1888
CE Version 1888
CF(0) Version 7357 LDV 8
CF(1) Version 7363 LDV 9
Note . Bad Block @ 0x5D
Note : Block 0x5D found at 0x3FF

so is this ok and how do I proceed from here - as I'm stuck knowing what to do with bad blocks and really want to make sure before go any further.

At least I'm getting somewhere now though - really should get to bed lol got work in a few hrs eek

hmmm nope that doesnt work -

when I press "Build Downgrader Image" to see what would happen I get ""Couldn't Find FS mfgbootlauncher.exe""

ah - looks like have to use app Bad Block Mover instead? So many of these programs tho - which is newest/best/recommended :-s

BadBlock mover is ok. You could always manually do it though. See the end of this post 1 here for details.
EG -
If you want to do it manually, you have to do this:

* Take the picture above as example.
* It says: Note : Block 0x2CE found at 0x3F8
* This is where the bad block 0x2CE was remapped.
* nandpro xbr.bin: -r16 block2ce.bin 2ce 1 (Reads block 0x02CE and saves as block2ce.bin)
* nandpro xbr.bin: -w16 block2ce.bin 3f8 1 (Write block2ce.bin to 0x3f8 where block is remapped)
* You will have to do this for each block.
* Here is the "formula":
* nandpro xbr.bin -r16 blockXXX.bin XXX 1 (Where XXX is the bad block number)
* nandpro xbr.bin -w16 blockXXX.bin YYY 1 (Where YYY is the address where block is found in degraded)

Complete Guide To Installing Xbreboot For Noobs - Scenyx Entertainment Community

cheers mate.

Will have go this afternoon when get back from work :) hmmm to go the manual way or the lazy way lol.

For 1 block I suspect either should work

I understand the block part now - but now confused at the writing stage that I should do.

With the 2 guides

( http://www.ep-comps.com/free60/diagrams&tutorials/XeLL-JTAG-XBR-Hack_english.pdf - from page 13)

It has you flashing to a Xell image?
and THEN soldering the SMC-JTAG - and THEN flashing xbr (page 18)?

Now if I go through this guide instead ( 4 Step Guide To Flashing Xbreboot - Scenyx Entertainment Community )

It presumes you already have the SMC jtag on (which is fine - can do that anytime).....but the steps only involve flashing the XBR....and not xell?

Whats the xell part for thats throwing me off? Do I need to do that part if its getting overwritten with the xbr after?

cheers mate.

Will have go this afternoon when get back from work :) hmmm to go the manual way or the lazy way lol.

For 1 block I suspect either should work

I understand the block part now - but now confused at the writing stage that I should do.

With the 2 guides

( http://www.ep-comps.com/free60/diagrams&tutorials/XeLL-JTAG-XBR-Hack_english.pdf - from page 13)

It has you flashing to a Xell image?
and THEN soldering the SMC-JTAG - and THEN flashing xbr (page 18)?

Now if I go through this guide instead ( 4 Step Guide To Flashing Xbreboot - Scenyx Entertainment Community )

It presumes you already have the SMC jtag on (which is fine - can do that anytime).....but the steps only involve flashing the XBR....and not xell?

Whats the xell part for thats throwing me off? Do I need to do that part if its getting overwritten with the xbr after?
flashing xell will allow you to get your cpu key so you can cheek your image in 360 flash tool

Sorry to offer conflicting advice but flash XBR for your motherboard. Then you press eject key to boot up system and this will boot into xell. So no real need to install xell separately as the latest XBR for your motherboard actually includes xell "inside" it.
Your fuse-sets will auto show at the beginning of xell loading up - The popular method seems to be take a photo - upload to your pc and copy your key from there as it does flash by pretty fast so taking a pic is the way to go.

cheers mate.

Back from work now to have a stab at moving them blocks then flashing the nand :)

Just gotta get rid of my mother who's come over lol

I take it I can still do the actual flash of XBR without putting the SMC connections on yet? tho might do that first anyway

glad that dont have to put on xell first - one less (and long) step to do :)

and I'll defo do that screenshot trick to get the info

hmmmmm well I've followed the manual way to the letter

ie

nandpro xbr.bin: -r16 block5d.bin 5d 1
nandpro xbr.bin: -w16 block5d.bin 3ff 1

Did that twice (obv using a 2nd copy of the xbr.bin) , and compared them to make sure no accidental typo first time round.

I then did similar in Bad Block Mover (v1.0)....Opened the file it detected the block 5d no problem.

When I press to repositioned the blocks

it reads the 5d data, then writes back 5d data to the offset (0x0107BE00) which I presume is 3ff.

It then says "zeroing block ID at offset 0x0017FA00"

I'm guessing then that its deliberately blanking the data in that block.

Now when I file compare that file to the one I made manually it scrolls with a load of detected changes?????

Sooooo........obv I can't compare the 2 directly that way....but in that case....which is the best file to use?? the one with the zeroed blocks at 5d, or the one I made manually which in theory still then has the data held at block 5d aswell as 3ff?

Want to make sure I pick the correect one, as if/when it comes to using the 360 flashing program directly off the 360 in future - to prevent any potential problems

For now however, I'm pre-empting and having it upload the manual xbr.bin

Any idea which one would be best to use for me for future proofing? Because I plan to remove that lpt and use the 360 flashing tool in future seeing as I doubt that messy cable will last 5 mins once the box is sealed up lol

Do it manually lol. I say this as that's the way i did it. I had to do mines that way due to the fact that my nand is the 256mb nand so bad block mover ect doesn't work for my nand that size.
I would go with the manual option as at least that way you know what you have actually done.
What I done was manual remap - Then inject my kv.bin and config.bin into the xbr then flashed. That worked for me 1st go mate. I had 8 Bad Blocks and was paniking like mad lol but it all worked out well in the end.

As long as you have a "clean" orig.bin in a safe place then you can flash away because you can always restore your orig. Just remember that you can only boot XBR/Xell when you have your 3 JTAG cables in place.

cheers.

Once the nand has written - I'm going to read it back - and then do a file compare

oh aye and then inject the kv and config part

then solder the last 3 bits :)

fingers crossed

cool

xbr.bin read back from 360 to pc - and file compare matches :Clap:

Soooo now time to inject the keyvault etc.

Then once kids are in bed in half hour get the solder iron out to do the last (hopefully) bit :D:D:D

whooohooooooo

Took me a while to get 2 bastard wires on with a decent connection (tried to take more care with these, espec after learning some other lessons :p - bit tidier than my other job :D)

It booted into dashboard no problem yay.....just aswell because as I plugged dvd drive temporarily to the 360 one of the wires from the lpt cable popped off the mobo lol

I took the pic of fuses in case ever needed (with the Eject button) with camera as suggested.

Now I need to learn how the hell to get the first stuff on it

At first I presumed there would be something installed already built in, ie xexloader or whatever - but went to "games" and says nothing available :(

Does this mean there HAS to be a hdd installed? (I plan to use a usb hdd (a sata hdd docking station that feeds my popcorn player, wii, and now 360 by way of a USB switcher - a bit like them old scart socket selectors)....but do have a 20gb hdd kicking around from this old box. and a 120gb that is currently full on my regular nonjtaggable box, if something is needed there to get regular info off.

now time to try to find where I go from here :)

I wonder if I never read beyond this point because subliminally I never thought I'd get to this point

Welcome to the JTAG club lol. You can now use a usb stick/drive to rip games on to. You can store stuff internally on your 360 HD as well if you wish. Like you said you got some reading to do. I sujest having a look over at xbscene forums and also xboxhacker forums. There is a ton of stuff out for jtag boxes already and the great thing is its like xmas every day as more and more apps/stuff comes out for us to tinker/play with.
Well done. Have fun with your new toy mate.:Clap::proud:

Welcome to the JTAG club lol. You can now use a usb stick/drive to rip games on to. You can store stuff internally on your 360 HD as well if you wish. Like you said you got some reading to do. I sujest having a look over at xbscene forums and also xboxhacker forums. There is a ton of stuff out for jtag boxes already and the great thing is its like xmas every day as more and more apps/stuff comes out for us to tinker/play with.
Well done. Have fun with your new toy mate.:Clap::proud:

cheers.

can't wait now to get chance to put stuff on it

for tonight mind - just gotta try to figure out how to get xexmenu loading from USB stick/drive (if at all possible - else will put the 20gb drive back in a spare case just for purpose of the main system files/apps)

then within xexmenu test ripping game to usb hdd

then work out how to get the xbla games installed :) hopefully can do that too from usb but again easy enough to chuck an hdd in if needs be - 20gb for now then slap a 320gb or something in later

Back