Nandpro - Could Not Detect Flash Controller

Hiya pil196.

See my above post!!! grrrrrrr can't fookin believe it!!

Right - I've just set up a laptop downstairs (been running upstairs each time to net pc)...so I can update the page.

I'm just going to snip off an lpt end and resolder it the CORRECT way!!!

Please tell me its not just me that the other pic I used is confusing/misleading

edit - oh hang on no.....it DOES look the same way.....errr hang on let me check this wiring!!!

I hope you still log in here now and again...

Small story... I bought the Xecuter CoolRunner thinking it would be a breeze. After hours of trying to read my nand with the coolrunner I realised it was not possible!!! So then I made my own LTP cable and began soldering that to the board... Which I found harder than doing the CoolRunner Install! (Which I'm preying was done successfully as I took alot of time over it) I used resistors and a diode from an old SPLX car amp... I can't really believe I managed to recycle electrical parts that I know nothing about. (Luckily the board had a diagram printed on it so I guessed '100' meant 100 ohms resistor and sort of guessed at the right diode with the number)

So anyway I was getting 'no flash controller detected for 2 days of trying and researching; when I found your post today! I did the same mistake... Soldered the LPT wires mirror/reverse. So then it detected the MB but then got ERROR READING BLOCK X and so it wasn't reading any of the blocks... Then read somewhere to put the diode in (I had taken it out thinking there was no use for it) and soldered it back to the motherboard.

The motherboard now looks hurrendus with me unsoldering and resoldering the diode bit. AND some how it is reading it at this very moment... Not sure if it will be without errors but so far so good!

Now I just need to read up what to do next with Impact and Xell!!!

Massive thanks, usually I'm a forum stalker but felt the need to comment on this.

I'd imagined that things have changed vastly from this post made considering that it was like 2 years ago, maybe you should have started your self a new post mate.... there's like 5 pages of this one and things have changed over time......

But hang in there, we'll give you some support.....

Dibbs.

Not drastically for LTP NAND reading.

I wondered whether it would as the dash is new but thats just JTag. Sorry to bump old post but I wanted to express thanks to this post and OP.

Awesome Forum guys !!

Hi, you've said "Not sure if it will be without errors but so far so good"

Am I correct in assuming that you are currently reading the nand by LPT? If so, do not not disturb it. For 16MB, it will take about 50 minutes. You have to read another one to make sure you have two matching reads before you go any further.

ah my bad, sorry just presumed you meant usb nand.

Sorry about that, my bad.

Dibbs.

Hi, you've said "Not sure if it will be without errors but so far so good"

Am I correct in assuming that you are currently reading the nand by LPT? If so, do not not disturb it. For 16MB, it will take about 50 minutes. You have to read another one to make sure you have two matching reads before you go any further.

Have one reading. I'm guessing you can't tell if its a good read unless you compare two?

Did the first one in Command with nandpro and now doing the second with 'Jtag tool' - shouldn't make a difference as it is the same program in the background isn't it?

Thanks for the advice, really wasn't expecting any help. Just wanted to express my thanks. No worries Dibbs :)

I'm amazed I have got this far with no skill or background studying. I have done ALOT of research though, which has paid off. Too many hours spent looking at a screen!

You dont read the nand with the coolrunner , hope that was a typo Zoido

I wish you told me this on Tuesday! I spent most of Tuesday and Wednesday trying to read my nand threw LTP and coolrunner = MAJOR FAIL...

I soldered an LTP cable to the mother board and after coming here and re-doing the connections it all worked!

I'm now running a RGH Xbox... Any advice on where to go for custom dashes, homebrew games and Hacks? Sad I know but I only did it because I ended up in a game about 6 months ago on LIVE (Private match) and it had global thermonuclear war with slow mo!

Might do a Youtube video for people who are are stupid as me :)

Back