Nandpro - Could Not Detect Flash Controller

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy it's reading!!!!!!! what a big donkey's co**k I am!! all these hours!!!

Just got it doing the -r3 to check the CB ver first as per another guide - dunno how long that will take tho (Xenon)

Think I better make plenty dumps of full rom to make sure accurate considering my shit wiring!! In its current state defo know I can't keep it on cos its brittle as anything (and didnt trim enough of the diode metal either side off nor resistor so way too bulky......thank god that once its on ya can now flash from within the 360

Thanks all;....I could kiss you and make sweet love in all rooms of the house (except toilet cos I stunk it out earlier!!)
if you get some errors no more than 19 let me know i have a neet little trick and no people its not the bad block remover

nandpro lpt: -r3 -c1.bin where you get that command from??

hopped upstairs to quickly upload cpl of pics

It finished - only that 1 error block.

I've set it going again to c2.bin to see if same error block occurs while doing this.

Also need to find the Infectus Nand Checker app while here to compare the full dumps etc

ya fookin loosing me now whats this c2.bin ???

lolwhats that old school lets simplify things when the dump as finished call it orig.bin
you say you have a bad block already whats the address of the bad block??

Just following the guide mate :)

Well it had me making the c1.bin

Looks like its really just so you can check the CB version without having to dump the full nand (prob for those 512mb nands more use - since mines a xenon will defo be jtaggable anyway as hasnt been used in about a year

Just I then thought let it make the file again (to c2.bin) while getting hex workshop downloaded for pc downstairs and uploading these pics...to see if still getting that bad block....before I start doing a full nand

P1060556.jpg

P1060556Custom.jpg

its current state

a bodge...I know...lol

P1060556.jpg

P1060556Custom.jpg

its current state

a bodge...I know...lol
fook off you liying bastard thats the best job i seen in time lol

take it your using a dell?? hmm also 5 band resistors brown black black black brown all maplins do nowadays

Last edited:
got it in one!! handy desktops having the lpt low to ground

2nd short nand dump finished - found same bad block - so suggests thats hopefully a good thing - time to install hex workshop and follow bit more - suppose I should start the full nand dump now while checking that other lil dump in hex workshop

full nand backing up now as per pdf guide - time to follow the step of checking in hex the cb1.bin as per the other - just for looksies sake :)

got it in one!! handy desktops having the lpt low to ground

2nd short nand dump finished - found same bad block - so suggests thats hopefully a good thing - time to install hex workshop and follow bit more - suppose I should start the full nand dump now while checking that other lil dump in hex workshop
dump the nand 3 or 4 times just to be sure i would suggest at least 4 times i know its time consuming but its worth it in the end

yeah think I best considering :)

Its found the same error block in doing the full nand dump so far, so presumably that one is definately meant to be there.

On tangent though...while looking through the hex. the other guide says to look for CB value at around hex4800 area. It says for xenon

Xenon: 1921 or lower is Exploitable (exception: 8192 IS EXPLOITABLE)

well the nearest one I have in my c1.bin is at line of hex 44902 - which works out at value of 40093? The next one at hex value 4C4AC works out the decimal value of 6279

now going by that...that would suggest my xbox is not jtaggable?

Though I thought all xenons are jtaggable? (never had it in for repair and never had update beyond the v first NXE as it was banned before that)

Could be that its just outdated info?>

aha - a mix of my mistake and tutorial wrong.

I was looking at CB in the 4800 region like it says..... those being the nearest....BUT it was not all uppercase ie Cb

searched matching uppercase...and it finds it at 8400 (not 4800). Value is 1903 - so defo jtaggable!! thank fook for that lol

yeah think I best considering :)

Its found the same error block in doing the full nand dump so far, so presumably that one is definately meant to be there.

On tangent though...while looking through the hex. the other guide says to look for CB value at around hex4800 area. It says for xenon

Xenon: 1921 or lower is Exploitable (exception: 8192 IS EXPLOITABLE)

well the nearest one I have in my c1.bin is at line of hex 44902 - which works out at value of 40093? The next one at hex value 4C4AC works out the decimal value of 6279

now going by that...that would suggest my xbox is not jtaggable?

Though I thought all xenons are jtaggable? (never had it in for repair and never had update beyond the v first NXE as it was banned before that)

Could be that its just outdated info?>
use this it will show your cb vertion just open up your orig.bin

hmmmm am looking for infectus nand checker. I read its supposedly on xbins but bugger me if I can find it on there

first read just finished - only that 1 bad block found in whole thing...but concerned about it being in the front area though. The pdf docu says to posts about blocks to see which are panic free etc....plus I think I remember reading some ppl having problems with using the 360 based flasher to update when bad blocks are present....tskk theres always something lol

Last edited:
Back