My remote control is dead...?

bouby0023

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have changed the battery, but dont work...i dont know...when i rest a touch the red touch tv work...all the touch...in the box nothing is moving<.;..

you can test the remote to see i it works by looking at the led thru a camara fone ..
if it flickers (the led) the remote is still working

hi
please I have HQ SAT BOX and now the remote control is not working again.i am now looking to buy a new one but cant find. please do anyone know any remote control that can work with this box please? thanks

More often than not the fault is dry joints on the infra-red leds'. There may be either 1 or 2 in your particular remote. The tip from Magnu420 will indicate if they are transmitting or not.
Another common fault are dirty contacts caused by liquid spillage, always best to clean the keypad membrane while you have the remote disassembled. Also give the contacts on the board a soft wipe with a damp cloth
Ensure the battery enclosure terminals aren't corroded and they are securely soldered to the circuit board, then reassemble. If it still doesn't work, replace it.

My Vu Plus Solo2 remote has become totally unresponsive a few times, as though the batteries are gone. However, on two occaisions that I can recall, a reboot of the box sorted it out.

Strange, but true!!

Back