mute err pace 1000

Magik

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,
been fiddling with some old boxes and am trying to get one up and running on a funAU. box seems to be fine, although does seem to overheat. Thats not important here though.

I've reprogrammed the funcard with latest files, but i think my bk maybe wrong as i'm getting a mute err on card status and the box keeps telling me my smartcard is wrong. Is anyone able to confirm my bk is correct for me?

Let me know and i'll pm the ird.

Thanks in advance

right just redid the whole box - got the same issue - your "smart card is not inserted properly". Your "smart card is not matched".

I've just done my pace 1000 from 5 years ago which has got a smashed front plate, but still works and thats doing the same thing now as well. your "smart card is not inserted properly". Your "smart card is not matched".

Clearly i'm doing something wrong.

NetID's are all set correctly, checked with my pace 4000 box. cards are programmed using the same flash and inteep from the 4000 card. new exteep generated using toxic7 then dates changed using nagra4.1.

I can view free to air channels, but everytime i change channels i see the "your smart card is not inserted properly message". No other channels. My 4000 box works fine.

So i must have programmed the cards wrong somewhere, but have no idea where i;ve gone wrong.

Would anyone be able to offer any further guidance?

thanks

Last edited:
kinda stuck now - both pace 1000 boxes i have have the correct netid, and i get all free to air channels, but i still get the smartcard error problem. i'm clearly doing something wrong here.

Can someone send me the correct flash and inteep files for a funau in excw and i'll redo my cards? can someone also confirm i'm ddoing the exteep correctly?

use toxic 7 enter my bk and ird then create file. open with nagra and change dates so the card doesn;t expire then drag to swapbin to create hex file?

does that sound right or am i doing something catostrophically wrong??

dont be fooled into thinking its your programming of the card thats at fault,
mute err can be a couple of things:-
1) there's a fix by replacing some caps on the underside of the box , i do have a a pic somewere if needed.
2) the card slot might have a pin just not connecting.i did fix one by slightly bending the pins downwards to connect to the card.if not then good clean or might need replacing.
both jobs are a mare to sort and with N3 pushing at the backdoor i suggest you wizz em.

Last edited:
Hi

Could be whats said above but also check in database wether you have correct ird and bk. You may have mistook a digit B instead of 8

When you are creating exteep are you clicking radio tab and saving for your area. Also set keys to all zero so you know that its updated failing that create exteep with latest keys in.

You shouldnt need to change dates if you are using the updated version of toxic, correct flash for your area and no need for inteep. Convert your exteep to hex file using swapbinhex just in case your proggy dont write bin files.

Make sure you erase card a couple of times before writing card.

Ive had mute err before and it was due to card not being written correctly although it can be what silverdale said.

Regards

Thanks both - will try all of the above and update.

Thanks guys. was a combination of wrong programming and camid settings.

i used the latest toxic7 as mentioned and used the latest flash and it still gave me the same issue I then went back to jamesb4's post of march 2010 and edited the camid to show AC******** etc and rebooted the box.

All up and running in seconds.

Thanks again!

Back