Need help with Uno 4K

hoss6800

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi,

Just ordered a VU+ Uno 4K, as my xtrend not booting anymore :(
After reading fair few posts here it seems like Black Hole is the favourite image for this box.
From my understating Black Hole is based on VU+ original image (I could be wrong).
My question is, what are the advantages of Black hole Vs original image.
Can someone point me to the right place to download BH, and plugins like AutoBouquetsMaker etc

Thanks for your help in advance

Youll struggle to use the original image lack of cam panel plugin errors when installing etc its not impossible depends how much you want to mess.

Any other image will be a better option than the original.

Hello and thanks for your reply,

I have been busy reading and i am more confused than when I started.
Can someone explain the structural difference between Black Hole and other images OE Alliance ?
My understanding is that plugins that have been developed for OE Alliance images (such as openpli) won't install / work on BH.
I have installed Black Hole 3.0.4 on my box and wanted to install Autobouquetsmaker and didn't have much luck, keep getting error.
Am I better going for OpenPLI or Open Black Hole or shall I persevere with BH.
I like to learn more and understand the BH to reduce confusion and frustration.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thansk

The OE Alliance are just that an Alliance they will work together to better the core of the images.

OE Alliance built plugins can give problem on the Blackhole images as you have found out.

OpenPLI and OpenATV are better options in my opinion and i was for years a Blackhole fan, both atv and pli are quick to react to scene changes updated drivers implemented quickly etc.

Thank you very much
I am going to read on Open Black Hole, which i understand is Black hole with OE Alliance structure.
I used OpenPLI on my Xtrend and was very happy with it.
Thanks again for your help

id recommend openVix or openATV. i think they are much more user friendly than blackhole or at least they were.

Could be wrong but dont think the normal cams (like mgcam oscam etc.) work on 4k receivers. There si a different one but cant remember the name and have no idea how to do it

oscam does and it not 4k recievers its the arm proceassor thats the issue as far as i know.

Now that CS has gone, is there any point on installing CAMS , unless you have cable?

nah no point as cable is supposedly on the way out too.

Sat was on its way out for about 3 years so we will wait and see

AutoBouquetsMaker should be available on the BlackHole server via the remote. If you decide to not use the Image server and install a downloadable version of the plugin, make sure you install one for the correct architecture. A mips version will not work on an Arm CPU

AutoBouquetsMaker should be available on the BlackHole server via the remote. If you decide to not use the Image server and install a downloadable version of the plugin, make sure you install one for the correct architecture. A mips version will not work on an Arm CPU
Hello,

I have BH 3.0.4 installed and have looked in plugins, download (been through all categories) and can't seen it :(

u may have it installed already if its not whowing. go to remove plugins and see if it shown there?

Openatv very nice and functional advice, for oscam download from 4k architecture feeds

For Cable, you are better off using Open Blackhole instead of Blackhole.

Open Blackhole is updated the same as vix and openatv

Thank you all for your help
I ended up installing Open BH and I can not be any happier
Everything is working as i like

Back