Other XTreamTV

Exos

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Hope your doing well. With the advent of changes in the Sat world, I'm looking into IPTV.

I'll be honest I've been out of things for a while so my heads not in it and I need a little direction. I've got literally as far as installing XtreamTV to my Zgemma box, but I have no idea on next steps, such as where I enter/place a target URL/IP address etc, how i use M3U (Bouquets) and such and why do i need to use the Mac address of the box and so on?

Am I going about this the wrong way, should I be looking at something else? i.e. smartiptv on FireTV?

I'm looking for convernience more than anything that will give me something similar and is easy to manage for technophobes (not me)

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
due to the nature of question yes you are doing it the right wat google my friend

due to the nature of question yes you are doing it the right wat google my friend
Other than your post that did not help to the OP why would he/she need to google something when a member has asked for help here.
In a lot of cases when you goggle a question with this thread started here goggle will direct you DW.

Lets hope goggle don't redirect to an answer saying....
"yes you are doing it right"

What I'm running is a flawless script @Exos mate.
If you can find a provider that supplies that it will cut 90% of setting up.
Takes about 5/6 minutes to install with telnet.
If your zgemma is dual core it will run 100%.
Anything from H2s onwards works ok.
The 2s model may give issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Other than your post that did not help to the OP why would he/she need to google something when a member has asked for help here.
In a lot of cases when you goggle a question with this thread started here goggle will direct you DW.

Lets hope goggle don't redirect to an answer saying....
"yes you are doing it right"

What I'm running is a flawless script @Exos mate.
If you can find a provider that supplies that it will cut 90% of setting up.
Takes about 5/6 minutes to install with telnet.
If your zgemma is dual core it will run 100%.
Anything from H2s onwards works ok.
The 2s model may give issues.

Thanks, I'lll take a look.

I have been searching, watching a few vids etc, but some of it is so obscure that trying to piece it together is impossible. I have both the H.2S (Primary) and H.S models, but I have more FireTV's than you can shake a stick at (no pun intended)

I was going to reply to the previous posters comment, but if I'm honest it was just easier to wait for a sensible answer. I wasn't asking for servers and such, just to be pointed in the right direction as I was struggling to understand some of the context of the various clients.

Personally, IPTV related, because you're simply streaming content a lal Netflix, i failed to see what a connection on one or many boxes matter (mac related) given you're sat behind a nat'd public IP. But I suppose thats just people jumping onto what they think is a cash cow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right, so I've managed to at least get streams working in Xtream and took a test. I do have further questions.

- I was provided a 'code', no idea what it is for as I've not used it at all
- EPG's are out of Sync and some of the channels shift to radio without the video stream, some show 'no information' is this a source issue?
- I find the massively long list of channels rather annoying'; no Entertainment, Movies, Sport categorisation etc. Is there any way to change this via plugin?
- It seems i am limited to just a single device here? Am I missing something? is this a 'service limitation' 'product limitation' or just general. If I is, its rather shi*e
- Is there an alternate way on Enigma2 to 'integrate' and present it in a similar manner as ota broadcasts
- Keeps asking to 'Play Next Video'. Is this normal?

just thinking it about it noe yes you are quiet correct he was not asking about sub my aplogises,untwist those knickers river lol

As you are using the Xtream plug in, have you registerd and set up your line at Online M3U playlist editor & Management Software | Xtream Editor ? You can set up categories there, and also set up an epg.
I did this yesterday on my Vu+, it is a bit complicated at first , but there are tutorials on the site.

Yep, registered the MAC and using the plugin. OK Thanks. It appeared that the channel list/EPG comes from the provider, i assume thats not the case.

To be fair, I'm getting looping on streams and loss of audio, plus the occasional freeze. I found another that uses a script rather than Xtream, so may also try them.

Tell you what though, massively over priced pm. The monthy cost is almost the same as I was getting for two boxes a year. :Mad2:

Tell you what though, massively over priced pm. The monthy cost is almost the same as I was getting for two boxes a year. :Mad2:
Have to agree mate.
Prices are are high. But when cam started on 28.2E prices were not cheap also.
As time goes on I can see prices dropping as more suppliers will jump on the money train.
Although I suspect running those servers needs more investment and bandwidth.

Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread but couldn't find anything else on XtreamTV

I've been sent the XtreamTV plugin to install on my Amiko Alien SHD8900 and it failed, I've since been sent another version of the plugin and it won't let me install it because the failed plugin is still there.

I've tried going into the box files and removing the folder and any traces of XtreamTV as well as Putty opkg remove xtreamtv, I've also tried force installing it but still can't get it on.

Any ideas, do I have to flash my box and start again

Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread but couldn't find anything else on XtreamTV

I've been sent the XtreamTV plugin to install on my Amiko Alien SHD8900 and it failed, I've since been sent another version of the plugin and it won't let me install it because the failed plugin is still there.

I've tried going into the box files and removing the folder and any traces of XtreamTV as well as Putty opkg remove xtreamtv, I've also tried force installing it but still can't get it on.

Any ideas, do I have to flash my box and start again

im assuming do dont have a backup of your image.

ALWAYS TAKE AN IMAGE BEFORE INSTALLING A PLUGIN

heres the code to uninstall XtreamTV

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

just use ssh/telnet into your box to uninstall it. its case sensitive so copy it exactly.

I've tried the opkg remove method mate, didn't work, I may have had all the letters lowercase though and if your saying it's case sensitive, give it another go tonight when I get home

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

trust me i had the same problem use the code above it will work.

It's torture, when I tried the opkg remove xtreamtv it said it wasn't there but when I tried to install it, it said it couldn't because it's already there, makes sense if it's case sensitive, wish me luck, see you on the other side

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

just a recommendation to anyone who is using Xtream it causes boxes to lag(well it caused mine to). try to get a bouquets list off your provider or a .m3u file. if they dont provide you with these then get another provider

these can be integrated into your sat bouquets so its like your watching the channel on sat and best of all, it doesnt slow down your box.

you will never know the difference between an iptv channel and an sat cahnnel other than the time it takes to open

i have a zgemma box with a ipab image on is it possible to integrate my sat bouquets with an xtream iptv sub?

- - - Updated - - -

If it is possible could you point me in the direction of a tutorial please.

i have a zgemma box with a ipab image on is it possible to integrate my sat bouquets with an xtream iptv sub?

- - - Updated - - -

If it is possible could you point me in the direction of a tutorial please.
Ask your provider for a script

Back