Motorised Dish

Stiofain

Inactive User
Reaction score
Thinking of getting a mortorised dish from Maplin. Not sure how easy they are to install. If I have a dreambox in the bedroom and 1 in the living room what would happen if the bedroom box wanted to point at 28.2E but the living room wanted to point at 13E. Would the latest channel selected supercede?

Thanks
Stiofain

The second box would have to watch the same satellite as the box that controls the motor.
the only other alternative is to install a fixed dish and have that feeding the bedroom while the motorised AND static dish could feed the main box.
this would allow you to instantaneously flick through channels while watching 28.2E on your main box as the motor will not need to turn.

as far as the actual rig,
i dont know much about it but it looks simple enough, i wouldnt purchase from maplins though.
even if they do have the right quality gear it will be overpriced.

I'll wait for one of the motor boys to reply.

Regards,
Crazy

Also, how much is this likely to cost? is it better to get it done professionally or just do it myself?

could be expensive to get done professionally

a motorised set up needs to be bang on to work proper

if your handy with a few spanners i would say try it yourself mate

could be expensive to get done professionally

a motorised set up needs to be bang on to work proper

if your handy with a few spanners i would say try it yourself mate

Thanks for your response.

What sort of dish/motor would you best recommend?

as above mate

would be excellent choice

have old faithful stab90 & a technomate motor with 1.0 metre dish

mounted on ground for ease of access relative easy job

Would also add use quality components this imo would rule out using Maplin it took me best part of a Sat morning to install 110cm dish, darkmotor & TK brackets
but its been there 6 years now never let me down

Back