Motorised Diseq set up help

ericbshort

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all

I've just got my equipment, the dish is on the wall but not properly alained and here is where I'm a bit stuck...

I live in london Lat: 51:32:03N (51.5342) Lon: 0:09:20E (0.1557)
I've set the motor to 0
I've been told the start of by alining the dish to Magnetic south, then go 1 degree west of this. I have a sat bleeper and it does scream around this setting when I play with the elevation but when I check on the receiver there is no signal.
The motor has an evelation setting and the dish has one too. What should these be set to?

I managed to tune the dish onto an ASTRA satellite and was able to view around 15 free channels but as the dish wasn't set properly I was unable to pick anymore satellites.

My equipent is a 80cm dish, dieqc h-h sg2100a motor, techni-sat S1 + dreambox receiver

I been using the technisat to scan the satellites, the only downside is it doesn't seem to have a "reset motor to zero" button. The reason I didn't setup using the dreambox is you have to first connect it to the internet (I think anyway).

Ok of to get some lunch and see Mr Maniac, then hopefully they'll be some helpful replies later.

Ps. I'm a bit stupid with a sat compass - I've never used one of those before, not even a real compass. So later I might post a small picture of my compass with a few questions. And the bleeper came with no instrustions, I presume when it screams I've got a signal?

Thanks

Once you've got your pole mount perfectly verticle and you have the right elevation degree (usually the dish is set to london elevation when you but them, i cant remember what it is now it was a long time ago since i did my set-up but it sounds like you have it right if your getting the strongest beep from your sat beeper on 1*W) the reason you aint getting a signal from your box is probably because you havent told the box that you are looking at Thor 1*W satellites, as for the angle on the motor leave it because the motor arm is usually set to the right angle for the geometric arc. after that i just fiddled with which way the motor faced on the pole a little bit at a time with the help of someone downstairs looking at the signal strength at each extreem (ie as far East and as far west) sattelite as i could find and checking 1*W.
it worked for me now i get good signals from turk sat right through to hispasat.

Clive out.

Cheers Clive
my mate is coming round in a bit so I'll try again then.
BTW the dream box does return the Diseq motor to zero which is very handy

you dont need to connect to the internet right away :)

but what image is on the dreambox is it a HALO2 image ?

if so it wont connect to the internet i had to flash it with the latest hydra anghard 56XX

its the bollox image you really should go for it m8, it updates the keys the hydra cp it does everything and to add to that it has about 10 games (you can add 100's with a NFS mount) to play aswell.

however there are a few bugs on the image but hey i am more than happy with it and would recommend it to anyone

please note that image is for the dreambox 5620 or the 5600 if you have a 7000 go for the latest hydra zeus ;)

but first i would setup your dish correctly i still need to move my dish so i can access the LNB and fine tune in astra as i only get 28 channels when it should be a good few houndred.

Cheers Mickie D

Are there any advantages in connecting to the interent? As my dish isn't aligned yet can I watch streaming media via the Dreambox? If so please pm me any good links :)

I can't see any Halo2 image. On the front LCD screen it say Dreambox Multimedia ver1.05
The main bootup image is a dreambox image "the afterglow of a cold winter".

Ps, please also let me know where I can dload the latest hydra zeus.

I'll try the dish again in the morning but fortunately I've got Tuesday off so I'll give it a propa go then
:)

Ha, this made me laugh.

I've installed my dish as per the diagram in the diseqc instructions.
However, I'm cycling to work, looking at every satellite dish I can see, just to look at how they're aligned. Then I notice two motorised setups, they're diseqc, I can tell by the case, the only difference is their motors (both of them) are upside down. Should I change my motor to upside down?

Thanks

BTW the Technisat S1 also has a "return to zero" button for the motor. It's called "ref position"

I ordered a meter and a mini positioner so i could do the installation on my own.
The meter came today and helped a lot as I was able to tune in on both the H + V signals but the positioner doesn't arrive until 2moz so hopefully I'll finish it then.

I just left it on ASTRA 19.2E but there's most foreign channel on that. (Well the free channels anyway, I don't yet know how to unscramble channels - thats when the fun starts - anyone know a good thread for that?)

peace

dish Motor

I am having trouble getting all the satellites, I can get 2 or 3 at a time but when I look for the next setellite I have to phusically move the dish up for east and down for west satellites. Although I dont have to change the sideways movement. I have installed my motor facing up instaed of down, I am wondering if that is the reason can anyone help? BLOBBY BLOBBY

Hi DVD

I'm kind of a newbie too. So I can't really help you on this but one thing I have realised is it's important to know your latitude and use that to work out your elevation and dish angles. The table is in the diseqc manual.

I'm not sure about the up/down motor question. All I can think is there might be two types of diseqc motors? In my instructions the diagram clearly states mount the motor with the stem facing down as in PinkHelmets diagram. This makes sense because it protects the conections from rain.

If your instrustions are different to mine then it must be a different type of diseqc??? Mine is H-H what ever the hell that is lol.

Thanks mate, I think mine is a h-h too, I will try chaning the motor facing down and see if it makes any difference. yes you are right it does makes sense to keepit safe from the rain. does your system catches all 32 satelites?

Tell you the truth I'm just waiting until I get the mini positioner. I just can't stand going up and down the ladder just to turn the dish via the receiver . At the moment there's no one to give me a hand so I just haven't really bothered trying to find more than one sat.
Hopefully the positioner will arrive 2moz and I'll give it a good go then

i'm lost on this thread.... we'll see what happens i think, then see what questions arise as i should be around a bit more now guyz.

A disecq H-H motor does not need a positioner, and i'm not sure how you will use the 2 together?? And as for some sats not being available as you go further east or west then it means you are not following the satellite "arc" which just means some minor adjustments to the motor angle.

So i will hopefully be able to help you more now i'm back. :)

My only problem is that I cannot get the dish to follow the arc. I have tried all different options the only thing I havnt tried is putting the motor upside down and see if that makes any difference. I will let you know if that had help :)

theres a few pics of installed motors here so you can see how they should look (every one ive ever used has had the tube pointing down)

if you get the ladders out and use the east and west buttons on the motor and move the dish, as you get to a satellite position you can move the dish by slightly bending it (only a tiny bit)(it wont damage it) the attached pic should help you work out what needs adjusting to get you all lined up right

hope it helps

DD

I think I've got to make sure my L bracket mount is vertical. (I think it might be slightly out).
I feel this might be affecting my arch.
cheers

Thank you all for for your help epecially digidude, your instructions were spot-on with your help I have finally managed to allign my satillite now I can catch 39degree east to 8degree West. I am currenlty using a 90cm dish with technomate 5500 ci plus receiver. Now I have a copule of other questions that I need some help with please.

I am not able to get 7 degree West Nilesat. Can nilesat be seen by a 90cm dish? what frequency, Symbol rate etc shall set the receiver to and try searching for it?

When I look at the lyngsat.com I se loads of channels but my receiver is only fininding a handful of channels on each satellite. What could be wrong is to do with the size of the dish gain?

I also have a Matrix reloaded cam which is out of date i guess!! what can I do with it?

Does anyone know where I can buy a cheap larger dish?

Thanks
DVD

Nilesat 7degW does need a larger dish. Depends where u are in the uk, but usually at least a 1.2m to 1.5m, depending where you are. You may find your not getting all the chans at 1 west either because of dish size. However, you should be getting more than a handfull from everywhere else. :( U should try Hotbird13* and Astra19* first. That should easily get you over 1000 channels just from a small area in the sky. It may be possible that you are still not completely aligned correct and the signal is very weak? Check the level in the menu of your receiver, see how that looks. It may be a problem with your LNB not set at the correct angle. Also check you are getting both vertical channels as well as horizontal.
The Matrix can be updated with newer firmware. Do you have any funcards? If so, what type do you have?

You may want to look at this thread for updating Matrix- http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35409&page=1

I have sucessfully installed mysatellite dish now I have noticed that I am in geting the H tp channels and no V. what could be wrong Could it be the location of the dish? also I am also thinking of upgrading my dish to a 1.5m can I use my existing LNB or do I need to get a better one I am currently using a 90cm dish.

dvdvideo said:
I have sucessfully installed mysatellite dish now I have noticed that I am in geting the H tp channels and no V. what could be wrong Could it be the location of the dish? also I am also thinking of upgrading my dish to a 1.5m can I use my existing LNB or do I need to get a better one I am currently using a 90cm dish.

Do you mean the horizontal (H) and vertical (V) polarities?
I'm not sure (but either PinkHelmet or digidude will correct me) you mignt need to turn the dish very slightly to the left or right. Your up and down (elevation) should be ok.

Back