More interesting info about Spiderbox/M Vision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's hardly altruistic, now is it? People spend hard-earned money on their receivers, and yes they can take chances but not on bad advice given wthout warnings of the possible consequences.
The strange thing is that this is all posted in the spiderbox section. The thread is of no benefit to spiderbox users whatsoever, and surely moderators should have move this to the Mvision section? Better not though, as it could cause damage there. If this is an attempt at advertising Mvision receivers, it's not the way to go.
Really, a responsible administration could have removed the thread completely.

This is a hacking forum m8. If people want to try other firmware on their boxes thats up to them. They know the risks.

thebigman

banned for being an arse!!!

Agendas and all that shite!

I was updating sql today and lost about 40 posts.

But do not come on here giving it all that shit after a month being a member.... 7 days - not permanent - not forever, 7 days for annoying everyone... how fucking fair is that :)

Mickie

about flashing the mvision box with the spiderbox software isnt that up to the owner if they break it then thats there problem not anyone elses

But up to more experienced members to advice against it mate.
People are willing to try everything but should do with care.

Flashing software can be a damaging thing if not the correct one

But up to more experienced members to advice against it mate.
People are willing to try everything but should do with care.

Flashing software can be a damaging thing if not the correct one

joe we dont have a mvision section so i'll put a warning in the spiderbox would you like to write up the warning as im sure you can explain better what will happen cheers

joe we dont have a mvision section so i'll put a warning in the spiderbox would you like to write up the warning as im sure you can explain better what will happen cheers

I don't know what will happen because i don't have one of them to test or blow.

But we all know what can happen from funny behaviours to damaged boot.

I just put wrong image on a dm800 and i am dreaming it up now. i was lucky this time:proud:

Less experienced members could be left in deep trouble if having to jtag or stuff like that.

Not stating that news should not be made publib but also warnings should follow so memmbers could be aware of dangers. One thing is using what always was used for mvision, another is try stuff made for a completly different machine.
Not my war as i don't own any of the 2 brands but i think the 2 models should not be associated just like that. There are significant differences as the fact of gift not working.
Further differences are there and may result in serious damage to boxes other than Spiders.

Fair warning without steping out of line

I don't know what will happen because i don't have one of them to test or blow.

But we all know what can happen from funny behaviours to damaged boot.

I just put wrong image on a dm800 and i am dreaming it up now. i was lucky this time:proud:

Less experienced members could be left in deep trouble if having to jtag or stuff like that.

Not stating that news should not be made publib but also warnings should follow so memmbers could be aware of dangers. One thing is using what always was used for mvision, another is try stuff made for a completly different machine.
Not my war as i don't own any of the 2 brands but i think the 2 models should not be associated just like that. There are significant differences as the fact of gift not working.
Further differences are there and may result in serious damage to boxes other than Spiders.

Fair warning without steping out of line
but surely the gift wont work because it is based on the mac address
the mvision box was successfully flashed with spiderbox software
and was shown to work
the poster at the time did say that this task isnt to be undertaken by inexperianced ppl and could cause damage to the box
but as u know we are basicly a hacking forum and if it is possible or even if it is impossible we will have a go
and fook the consiquences

but surely the gift wont work because it is based on the mac address
the mvision box was successfully flashed with spiderbox software
and was shown to work
the poster at the time did say that this task isnt to be undertaken by inexperianced ppl and could cause damage to the box
but as u know we are basicly a hacking forum and if it is possible or even if it is impossible we will have a go
and fook the consiquences

That is what i mean.

Tthat is the kind of post that should follow the original one.

What i am also trying to get accros is the fact that when loading the patch, not just that service+ gets loaded but also other features.

Being a networked closed source receiver, i would not want it to run on a different box just in case people on the other end decide they do not want to share some of their stuff.

A simple comand to damage boxes outside a certain mac address range is possible as we all know. Not saying that will be the case as these are my words, but always a possibility. My simple and honest opinion

A simple comand to damage boxes outside a certain mac address range is possible as we all know. Not saying that will be the case as these are my words, but always a possibility. My simple and honest opinion

Why would someone do something like that ?

Also they might blow up there own boxes if the person that was reverse engineering the said box found out how to clone the mac and ip / subdomain. There would be no telling the difference!!!

Bloody gift lol... so its alright for one company to rip off providors etc, and call it a gift then its WRONG to rip of a box lol.

Double standards on the highest here I think!!

Mickie

Why would someone do something like that ?

Also they might blow up there own boxes if the person that was reverse engineering the said box found out how to clone the mac and ip / subdomain. There would be no telling the difference!!!

Bloody gift lol... so its alright for one company to rip off providors etc, and call it a gift then its WRONG to rip of a box lol.

Double standards on the highest here I think!!

Mickie

It is wrong to break up a box when you don't intend to. that is all i am on about. There was a statment above stating just that from another admin.

That is all i intended with my posts. Warn members of dangers when loading third party software on their boxes.

It is just a shame all this goes on about a box and gets discussed on another one's section. But well, not my business to hint on somebody else's place :proud:

Here's the original post made by Matoskah which was posted at 14:49 today.

"Be careful trying to use Spiderbox software on another receiver. Any box with the "wrong" MAC address and S/N can be seriously damaged by using it incorrectly. The software can be controlled over the net and signals can easily be sent to destroy any box using the s/w without authorization.
Don't take the risk, and don't be misled by others recommending you attempt it. The CSNet/Service+ software accesses the box's ID.
You've been warned."

I have done a fair bit of research on the specifications/bugs of the Spiderbox and the specifications/bugs of the M Vision HD300 and my conclusions lead me to believe that they use the same hardware. This was confirmed when I successfully loaded Spiderbox software onto the M Vision and it worked, I knew it was a risk but I had the tools and knowledge to revive the machine if the worst did happen, but it didn't. I also mentioned in a follow-up post in the same thread that I don't recommend doing it yourself.

"Please note even though I have shown that this can be done quite easily, I do not recommend you do it yourself. I have over 20 years experience in this field and if it wasn't for that experience I would not have tried it. The only difference between the M-Vision and the Spiderbox is the "gift" package. If your not bothered about that but still want to use the receiver on a card sharing basis then buy the M-Vision and use the software which is specifically written for it. It will do everything the Spiderbox does and the firmware support is very good. Spider team could potentially release a version of firmware that could destroy the bootloader on a non Spiderbox unit."

I think we understand that the above poses a risk to people who own an M Vision and wish to flash it into a Spiderbox, if they wish to do that then it's their choice and nobody else's to make. We also know that the M Vision will not work with the gift as the Spiderbox connects to the servers using C: lines created with the Mac Address and Serial number of the receiver, as these two things are specific to each box it wouldn't work using an M Vision, as to it being seriously damaged by "kill" software, I personally doubt that very much. There may come a time in the future where Spiderbox updates kill M Vision receivers.
However I think the biggest risk posed is the damage to Darkmans image and the Spiderbox itself as the word is out that the Spiderbox itself is not "Exclusive" and the same spec machine can be bought elsewhere for less.

It all sounds like sour grapes to me, when all I wanted to do was to see if something would work, can we please stop these ridiculous posts made by opposers, and just accept the fact that these two receivers are indeed the same.

P.S. I'm still waiting for some pics of the Spiderbox

Regards

Liam

just a point on the "gift", can you actually give something away as a "gift" when it doesnt actually belong to you in the first place?

im sure the providers would have something to say on that.

dont know why everyone skirts round the subject, it c/s plain and simple no matter how you wrap it up it all ammounts to the same thing.

c/s on a commercial scale is madness, how long before the providers act? i cant see them sitting back and taking this up the shit pipe for long esp if the box does take off.

door knocks or the gift disapears quick smart is my guess, it wont last i just cant see how it can.

someone care to explain?

OK satfool deals.

What if members with 30 odd posts kept jumping up on your site with one agenda?

We know where they are coming from and that shows no respect for our site and our members.

For me I have no problem with anyone or sites but I will not have people coming here thinking we are scared or bothered by another site, and there communist ways of behaving!

This thread is closed as its dead.

Mickie D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back