Interesting info re streaming

shabbaranks

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im getting into finding out the "ins and outs" of all this IPTV malarkey as its all very interesting. I was wondering what sort of rates these servers are capable of to serve such a high demand (HD and 4k streams multiplied by the amount of people requesting the stream which is probably in the hundreds if not thousands). After doing a bit of reading I found that the fastest data transfer rates currently are 43 terabits per second - that's nuts!

What I would also like to know - someone somewhere must be signing up with providers to get the streams in the first place, but how? A lot of these domains which host the streams are based in the states. Also is it like a branch effect so one supplier will stream to a server which will supply x then one of those servers might supply more clients and trickle down from there whereby the quality of the stream doesn't change just the latency of the program. Any info is appreciated :)

Sorry bud I just couldn't resist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are probably some caching proxies along the way so every request isn't relayed back to the server.

It is interesting stuff :).

Doesn't anyone else find that a few servers downscale the streams? I guess this could be an indication of a good vs bad server.... Strange why you would down scale sly HD but not channels like Bein etc

Any thoughts guys?

Doesn't anyone else find that a few servers downscale the streams? I guess this could be an indication of a good vs bad server.... Strange why you would down scale sly HD but not channels like Bein etc

Any thoughts guys?
Id guess their expecting heavier loads on sky as opposed to Bein so to save bandwidth reduce the quality.

talking from a network point of view, I would use UDP rather than TCP

UDP is connection less as in doesn't require a ACK for a connection to be made, where as TCP requires a ACK to be sent in order to start sending data

Thus UDP would be more efficient as in less handshaking between client and server, at same time not as reliable in terms of connections breaking up or loss of packet.

Was watching the Liverpool game last night and to be fair I was flipping between terrestrial TV and streaming. When I went back to the Liverpool game the stream jumped from 72 minutes to 80 minutes - not really knowing what the current time of the game was - is this because it was catching up with the current stream or do other people experience stream hopping?

Its very annoying :)

I watched the Utd v West ham match last week on IPTV and it froze constantly on all 4 available channels(sly hd,sly sd,and 2 bein channels).There were also times when it got stcuk in an loop and just kept repeating the same few minutes of action.It was real torture,so I added the TalkTalk sly sports pack to my bb package from them.Worth it for £8.50 a month and can cancel anytime.
I watched the Utd yesterday on sly iptv and it was perfect in hd.
The Newcastle match on currently is 100% as well.

Back