Mario Strikers Charged Football

Purity

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe this is the first online game for the Wii that has been released in th UK. It will be interesting to find out whether a backup copy will work online using a Wiikey.

Or will we be getting banned like the 360?

I believe this is the first online game for the Wii that has been released in th UK. It will be interesting to find out whether a backup copy will work online using a Wiikey.

Or will we be getting banned like the 360?

i dont see how we can get banned tbh we dont have live accounts like the 360 for a start. the firmware in the console hasnt been altered. and nintendo wifi connection is basicaly just a wireless network nothing special.

Well there is only one way to find out!

I'll happily test the game on the net when its released and will report back what happens - if anything

when it comes out anyone ready for online footy match???

lol

i'll give somebody a game as soon as i get my wireless router up and running again, don't ask!

: multi : what about a digital world league? I`ll give anybody a game

how does the online work for the wii? i.e i have a wii but obviousley there is no wii equivilant to live so how does your mates find you etc..?

I will also be up for a game. Have been keeping a close eye on the newsgroups but no sign of it yet. If anyone is thinking of buying it, Simply Games just emailed saying they're doing it for £27.49. Bit cheaper than game.

I will also be up for a game. Have been keeping a close eye on the newsgroups but no sign of it yet. If anyone is thinking of buying it, Simply Games just emailed saying they're doing it for £27.49. Bit cheaper than game.

Think it is released in Europe first on friday before JAP and the US, so I wouldn't expect it to appear on newsgroups until friday at the earliest.

Hopefully this Mario game won't have any firmware upgrades :) and won't brick any Wiis!

Thanks for the pointer, unfortunately pre-orders have already sold out :( new orders ship by Wed 30th. Oh well, a few extra days wait won't hurt.

mario strikers (pal) is on newsgroups now (alt.binaries.the-terminal) just thought i'd let everyone know!

Last edited:
yep its out on torrents :) just gettong it mysefl

OK I've just burnt it. I disabled my wireless in case of xbox style tricks. It wants to do a system update - understandable for the new online stuff. Just going to have a google first to make sure it's safe. Will let you know.

Edit: Update went ok and game works fine offline. Going to do the tutorial then I'll be up for an online match.

Last edited:
Back