Manchester United thread

Sir Alex Ferguson handed five-match ban for outburst

A Football Association tribunal has given Sir Alex Ferguson a five-match touchline ban for his comments about referee Martin Atkinson.

The Manchester United manager was found guilty of improper conduct for saying Atkinson was biased against his side in the loss at Chelsea earlier this month.

"You want a fair referee, or a strong referee anyway - and we didn't get that," Ferguson told MUTV.

The ban starts on 22 March and includes the FA Cup tie against Manchester City.

Was at the match and it was amazing, my boy chicharito did the bizz again!

bunch of marseille fans had to ruin the minutes silence, couldnt stop laughing at the "shut up you french ****s" comment or join in the "you frnech ****s" chant at the end of the silence.

Really cant imagine sitting anywhere else except near the stretford end, it was bumping!

Was at the match and it was amazing, my boy chicharito did the bizz again!

bunch of marseille fans had to ruin the minutes silence, couldnt stop laughing at the "shut up you french ****s" comment or join in the "you frnech ****s" chant at the end of the silence.

Really cant imagine sitting anywhere else except near the stretford end, it was bumping!

standing in the stretford end was the ultimate mate i just count myself priveledged to have done so......... them days will never be back seating killed the atmosphere......... still good and enjoy it dont get me wrong really glad you enjoyed the night and the abuse to the french lmao....

Bolton boss Owen Coyle confirmed midfielder Stuart Holden was taken to hospital following Jonny Evans' red card challenge on the midfielder at Old Trafford on Saturday.

Evans was sent off 15 minutes from the end of Manchester United's 1-0 win over Bolton after Holden sustained a nasty gash in a tackle with the Northern Ireland international.

Coyle claimed at first sight he felt it was just a full-blooded challenge between the two players.

But Holden came off worst and as Bolton players called for immediate assistance, referee Andre Marriner decided the tackle warranted Evans' expulsion.

"Stuart has gone to hospital," confirmed Coyle.

"I think the players reacted the way they did because a cut opened up on his knee.

"We hope it is nothing worse than that and there is no break or ligament damage but we will only know when we get the results back from the hospital."

STUART HOLDEN TAKEN TO HOSPITAL | Football Transfer News, Football News, Fixtures, Results, Match Reports, Stats

Very similar to Carraghers challenge on Nani very dangerous and career threatening. I hope everyone finds this challenge just as hilarious but I somehow doubt that ;)

WTF was Evans thinking (or not thinking) it was a dangerous tackle and I wish the boy Holden well, there is no defense for challenges like that it was a red card and now a 3 game ban I do hope Jonny is proud of himself. Hopefully it is just a cut knee (as JimmyPea kindly reported pmsl) and he will be back playing soon.
Great win for Utd today given the circumstances as Bolton parked the bus and looked dangerous from set pieces. Bolton could have won it just before Berbatov wrapped up the 3 points for Utd with a scrappy finish from Nani's rebounded effort. Pleased with the win and a very patient looking performance, with Valencia back in the side we look a lot more balanced across the middle. Going on to win it with ten men, I will take that any day.

madmanc,
I used to love the atmosphere of stamping on the wooden steps on the Scoreboard Paddock "We are the Scoreboard Paddock Psycho Squad" was our chant.

Used to sit on the railings in the Stretty end and we were in the same place every week and it was the same faces lol but it was bloody scary when the surge came from behind when Utd were attacking. It was £1.50 on the gate back then pmsl how times have changed.

Great result!! those are the results that win Championships!!
Good to see Berba bag the goal since January was it??

I missed the match so i aint seen Evans' tackle yet.. but another defender missing.. :\ bad bad news lol

on a more plus side
Douglas Costa was watching the game from the Directors Box 2day..

Manchester United renew interest in Brazilian wonderkid Douglas Costa - Telegraph

It seems Fergie is still interested in signing him.. and he said he'd love to sign for us b4... so maybe one of our summer signings ehh?

Great result!! those are the results that win Championships!!
Good to see Berba bag the goal since January was it??

I missed the match so i aint seen Evans' tackle yet.. but another defender missing.. :\ bad bad news lol

on a more plus side
Douglas Costa was watching the game from the Directors Box 2day..

Manchester United renew interest in Brazilian wonderkid Douglas Costa - Telegraph

It seems Fergie is still interested in signing him.. and he said he'd love to sign for us b4... so maybe one of our summer signings ehh?

Excellent result mate and Arse look to be well into the annual collapse pmsl dropping points at West Brom and it could have been worse lol 2 nil down. Messers Squillaci and Almunia looking like great end of season signings for us pmsl.

Evans tackle was a disgrace mt ! We should be ok defensively as there is a 2 week break now and hopefully get someone back fit.

Costa looks a great prospect and he would be fantastic to watch in the prem, a proper showboat.

Last edited:
The suspension should not be too much of a problem, theres a 2 week international break so hopefully vidic will have recovered, and maybe even rafael and o'shea.
Just have to hope the other defenders do not pick up injuries during the international break

As for Costa, for the money that would be required i dnt think it would be good value, he's not exactly blazed his way in the ukrainean league, and that is a much lower level than EPL. There's too many kids from south america dubbed the new "ronaldo" or "ronaldinho" or "messi" and never get anywhere near to those players.
Bit stupid gremio wanted 20mill from united and then shortly after have to sell him to shakhtar for 5mill

Used to sit on the railings in the Stretty end and we were in the same place every week and it was the same faces lol but it was bloody scary when the surge came from behind when Utd were attacking. It was £1.50 on the gate back then pmsl how times have changed.

lmao had a few close ones there pal with the dreaded railings..... 11 yr old and squashed by 20,000 lmao they where the days. had a few stints in the paddock to matey GOOD TIMES

i think all the claims on that tacle being a disgrace etc etc are a little harsh and unfounded , in replay he makes contact with his knee at ground level not at knee height it was a 50 50 ball to be won and thats what both tried to do fairly in my opinion , if the injury ended up other way around it would have been a yellow and everyone mocking evans cut as a graze.
no way it was a red and whatever the outcome was it should have been mirrored to the bolton player. please dont think im being biased as i hate evans and think hes shite 3 match ban is good shame the bolton lad got hurt for him to get it thugh
and hope bolton lad is ok and quick recovery .

Yea I must of had a bad angle on the Evans tackle as on replay it didnt look so bad although it was dangerous and studs up he did go for the ball (and won it) and both players in hindsight had left the ground. Not a harsh red card (it was a red al lday) but i think I gave a harsh summary of it.

Man Utd's accounts show losses of £106m

Manchester United's parent company Red Football Joint Venture, have announced losses of £108.9million last year in their latest accounts.

The company owned by the Glazer family includes one-off costs from setting up the £526million bond scheme last year to replace their bank loans, according to accounts filed at Companies House.

The loss is and increase of approximately £20 million on the accounts released in October 2010 with the club’s total debt now standing at £590.4m, up from the 2009 figure of £566.1m.

The accounts cited the repayment of a bank loan totalling £526m giving "rise to an exceptional loss on interest rate swaps of £40.7m" and an unrealised currency exchange loss of £19.3m as the main factors for the loss.

It’s understood that the lack of income from selling players also contributed to the loss for the year ending June 30, 2010 - the previous year the company had recorded £21million profit thanks largely to the £80million sale of Cristiano Ronaldo.

Last year's losses included £30.2million interest on their £220million payment in kind (PIK) loans which have since been paid off.

United's club accounts were published in October and revealed losses of £83.6million - the PIK interest payment is not included in the club accounts - but club chief executive David Gill said then there was £165million in the club's bank account and that they were in a healthy position.

Gill said in October: "We have money in the bank so there is zero pressure on that, no pressure at all to sell any star player.

"The philosophy is to retain and attract the best players. We have £165million in the bank but in some ways we would prefer to have £80million in the bank and Ronaldo on the pitch."

Source: FC Business

He was always our adversary but I would like to take a moment to remember the banter and the life that Davidh gave to this thread. Big up big man you will never walk alone.

good post m8 :Clap:

liverpool_scarf.jpg

Sir Alex expects summer buys

Sir Alex Ferguson expects to sign "two or three" new players for Manchester United this summer.
The manager revealed this during a press conference in New Jersey, where he announced the club’s pre-season tour of the USA.
When asked if he expects to have the funds to strengthen his squad in the next transfer window, Sir Alex replied:
“We have certain targets in mind at the moment anyway. I think two or three will be fulfilled, there’s no question about that.
“The Glazer family have always been very supportive of our desires to improve the team.”
The manager went on to talk about the club’s track record of acquiring top young players and developing them at Old Trafford.
“What we are good at is bringing young players to the club, like Chicharito for example. If you look at how, over the last six to eight years, we’ve brought in young players like Ronaldo, Rooney – okay, one was seventeen, the other was eighteen – we’re good at that. I don’t see why we should change from what we’re good at.
“We will continue [to buy players], without question, and when the opportunity does arrive and we identify the right young players, that’s the way we’ll go.”

It remains to be seen which areas of the squad Sir Alex’s targets are intended for, although he did suggest his attacking ranks are currently well stocked.
“In the present situation, with the likes of Chicharito, I think we have possibly some of the best young strikers in the country. Danny Welbeck, who’s at Sunderland at the moment, is an excellent young prospect. And the boy Mame Diouf who’s at Blackburn is another good prospect.
“We’re particularly strong with young strikers at the moment for some strange reason. Sometimes it works that way.”

good news, any thoughts on the possible transfers? Lot of names been flying about.

Definitely a goalkeeper, and im guessing it will be Neuer or Adler, been lots of rumours about de gea but i seriously doubt that.

The other two will be in midfield, a winger and central midfield to replace scholes. I'm thinking it will be Ashley Young and someone else. I am hoping it's sneijder.

I think chamberlain will also be bought, but as a young prospect not one for starting squad straight away at least

AND in other news Chicharito scores 2 goals against Uruquay

Very good fight back today,great to see rooney grab 3 goals,2nd pen was outside the box we deserved the win.

before first half when they had two i was thinking its going to end up 2-2
boy was i surprised
out came the pack of wolves pressing until they had there taste of goals,,,

good day for all :fredthered:

Back