Manchester United thread

I would take Pastore as he is a fantastic talent but if we are going to splash out that kind of cash then surely Modric is worth a punt from spurs lol. Both players are exactly what we need but modders is premiership proven and his style very similar to that of Scholes. I know Spurs fan's wont be happy about this post but he has been on my wish list for a couple of seasons now and I am of the thinking it will not happen. That said Pastore looks like an excellent player, very good on and off the ball with extreme skills and he is strong and quick. I know Barca are in for him also but I think maybe his head can be turned our way just by looking at both midfields lmao he has a far greater chance of getting in ours than the star spangled line up at Barca.
Look what happened to Mascherano pmsl he rarely get's on for them (that could be because he is a bit shit though ;))

If barcelona bid for him then he will go there, that's his dream move. Either way if he does join united then he will leave in 3 years when xavi and iniesta are approaching their twilight years.
He may be too much risk for short term stay, think we need someone who will stay at least 5/6 years or more.

yea i forgot to mention that barca is his "dream" move.. but even if we can get 3-5 years out of him who knows.. maybe we can load him off for double the amount?? lol

he does look a great talent..
Gasman spurs fans will not be pleased at your comment lol... signing Modric will make spurs look like a little feeder club for us lol..

EDIT

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/9421980.stm

seems Nani is out till early next month.. big blow for us.. we seriously lack experienced wingers at the moment!!
is there any news on Park??

Last edited:
thats a hell of a lot of money for someone so young and unproven... tbh we need someone with a bit of experience... pastore may have bags of potential but we need someone to step in straight away to do the job.. i keep on lookin back on sneijder for £13m and van der vaart for £8m and keep thinkin if we had got just one of them we would have been sorted for a good few seasons.... also both would definitely have come to us considering they had 'lived' the dream of playin for madrid and things didnt work out for them..... and look at the transfer fees, absolutely peanuts compared to what players are goin for now...

tbh this summer im not really expecting anything big to happen for us in the transfer market.. the recent contract extensions for carrick, fletcher & giggs with the possibility of another year for scholes suggests that fergie may not make any top acquisitions in midfield... he may buy 2-3 young squad players likes obertan and i can see our whole transfer budget which has been approx £20m for the last 4-5 seasons going towards a keeper...

we have been linked to ashley young recently and apparently he is looking for a move to utd in the summer... if this is true and we have that type of money to spend, i hope this does not happen. he'll be overpriced just like most english players and i think there are better players in europe like alexis sanchez who i'd love at the club and who will cost less than him... we love our wingers at old trafford and sanchez is some player.

coming on to the midfield, i have no doubts anderson can be that player we are looking for, however fergie needs to give a long run of games.. no coincidence that our best performances came around nov/dec when anderson had a run of 7-8 games includin that 7-1 win over blackburn and he was completely runnin the midfield for us in those games. He can be that engine but somehow the likes of carrick/fletcher/scholes/giggs and even at times gibson get in ahead of him... he is the best central midfielder at the club at the moment...

i think we need 4-5 top players:
a keeper
1 or 2 central midfielders
a winger (predominantly a left winger)
a striker

i dont we can sign all of them in 1 season, however if fergie had dipped in over the last 1-2 seasons then maybe he wouldnt have been in this position whether he needs to buy 4-5 top players together....

Although I would welcome Pastore and even more so Modric I agree with NL7 here and the deal is probably just all smoke and mirrors. I expect that there will be "no value in the market" once again.
We are more likely to recall Wellbeck and Cleverly and use Wellbeck left side of midfield were he is least effective lol.

Well if no central midfielder is bought, I hope chances are given to Cleverley instead of Gibson, that d1ckhead has had enough chances and at 23 he has shown very little promise, if any, of progressing, he should be moved on, and i hope that he is not offered a new contract in summer like he is hoping for.

The defense and strike departments are healthy, it is just the midfield that needs shoring up, I would say 3 signings in that area:

defensive midfielder - have sorely been missing a proper one since keane left years ago
central playmaker - no reasons why...If anderson can keep his damn weight under control then he might be able to handle playing 2+ 90min matches within a week.
Left sided winger - need a genuine left sided winger to replace giggs.

Just read on the Eurosport App that The News of The World are reporting that United will sell Rooney in the summer. He's caused upset in the team, he's blaming everyone else in the squad for his poor performances and Fergie has apparently told him to look at himself for his poor form, not the other team members. Basically said that the relationship with him and the squad is too fractured and he's had enough of it so he's off.

At the risk of assuming this is all true by the NOTW report, :proud: This is everything I said a couple of weeks ago. As soon as a player thinks the squad revolves around him, there's a shift of power from the manger over to the player.

Part of me blames Fergie, I think he's shown Rooney too much respect which has helped give him this un-holly sized ego. Hopefully he'll be brushed under the carpet over in Madrid with all the other egos, get a lesson in humility and come back to warm the Everton sub's bench in a few years after a sudden thump back down to Earth...

He'll go down in history as one of football's biggest knob heads!!! What a waste...

He'll go down in history as one of football's biggest knob heads!!! What a waste...

wrong m8.. he is already one of football's biggest knob heads!!! an overrated player who at one-time had everything goin for him... now he's just another average player who needs to be shipped out just like the others have from the club for similar reasons..

First time in months our midfield could have some balance to it. I would play him and give Valencia more minutes. After a great performance by our makeshift side on Saturday we really need to gather some momentum now.

I cant wait for the match, will be my first champions league tie at old trafford :proud:

I cant wait for the match, will be my first champions league tie at old trafford :proud:

They are great nights I can see this being tense. Hope you enjoy it mate as I'm sure you will. Well never die

Wot no spazzers lmao where are all the haters tonight ??

Silence is golden xx

Must mean Utd won with a good performance or this thread would be alive with bile and jealousy
One word Chicarito ...

Another match another must win game, and our make shift team comes through without too many problems. Hopefully we can pick up the pace now a win against Bolton on the weekend and then a much needed rest for most of the players.

And maybe have one or two back in time for next month. Fantastic to see Valencia back has already shown he has been sorely missed.

That was a tough match for your lot tonight. Thought Rooney had a good game.I think your going to struggle in the next round unless you can get some defenders back from injury or you draw Schalke lol

great win.. their best chances was our own doing.. need to get Vidic back... I think Brown isnt as confident as he was during the 2007/2008 season.. probably due to him not playing much etc..

great to see Nani on the field today and also Valencia with another 30 mins or so!!
Rooney played brilliantly.. he should be moved into midfield as our much needed creative midfielder!!
I still hate the guy but maybe he can win me over again with performances like that!!

Chicharito... what can you say?!?! GOAL SCORER!!

a shame about the injuries to O'Shea and Rafael.. like Fergie said i think it disturbed the team.. also Berbatov didnt get off the bench because of it!! :\

Rooney played brilliantly.. he should be moved into midfield as our much needed creative midfielder!!

Chicharito... what can you say?!?! GOAL SCORER!!

a shame about the injuries to O'Shea and Rafael.. like Fergie said i think it disturbed the team.. also Berbatov didnt get off the bench because of it!! :\

Been sayin this 4 last couple of years m8.He should have taken the Scholes role.Not the Scholes of now but the on from his best days when he played in the hole and just knitted it all together.Hes got himself into trouble for commenting that they dont play the right way and for some1 as creative as he,its gotta be frustrating when ur stuck in positions havin no effect on games.The last few games have proved what Roo is all about.Every1 wants goals from him - 4get goals.With play like that and bringin other players into the game,sum1 else will score them.It would serve England well too.This is how he played when Ronaldo.Saha and Giggs made up the quartet that sprung up all over and no-one could mark them.Hes wasted hangin around for sumthin to happen up front.It worked 4 a season when lets face it there was lots of tap ins etc.I think he would still get half of those goals makin late runs alone.Couple them with goals from elsewhere from his assists and ur on 2 a winner.
I'm not a Lazytov fan - he stifles the play so much.I said at the turn of the year,even tho he had scored a lot of goals,if Hernandez was put in,he would finish top scorer cos it unleashes Rooney.I don't care what is said,Rooney does not like playin with Tov-its just not his game.Deep down i think this is the major cause of Rooneys turmoil.He plays with that swagger when its a fast flowin team.long may it continue

Back