MAC Sniffer (Digitalworldz Edition)

her's a sugeston
can you ad so that it trys random macs but does them al
start at the first and do 255 but not in order
also can you add a second part of the mac ass wel ?
Box

i wont state the algorithm out in the open of the next release, it will be implemented privately, try and keep it secret as long as possible. but what do u mean by the 2nd request - "also can you add a second part of the mac ass wel ?"

to anser the ques posted

if its randm then it woud be harder for virgin to se people scaning

'also can you add a second part of the mac ass wel ?'

coment was trying to say that the softwar scans 0-ff for the last part of the mac, does the scaner use any other part of the mac ?

i hav ben reading the posts on this forum and doing sum google work and found that a mac is the format aaaa.bbbb.cccc and the scaner uses the last 2 cs changin them ?

could you also change other parts of the mac to ? like all the c part ?

i did sum workings and found that it woud be 65536 diferent overal values, that is ALOT! so also may need to slow things down or some other advanced method.

Box

to anser the ques posted
if its randm then it woud be harder for virgin to se people scaning
'also can you add a second part of the mac ass wel ?'
coment was trying to say that the softwar scans 0-ff for the last part of the mac, does the scaner use any other part of the mac ?
i hav ben reading the posts on this forum and doing sum google work and found that a mac is the format aaaa.bbbb.cccc and the scaner uses the last 2 cs changin them ?
could you also change other parts of the mac to ? like all the c part ?
i did sum workings and found that it woud be 65536 diferent overal values, that is ALOT! so also may need to slow things down or some other advanced method.
Box

the next release will use a random algorithm, but i wont be stating the algorithm in an open post.

in the current beta the first 5 bytes of the base mac are used and the last byte is bruteforced from 0-0xff starting with a random starting point.

a mac is in the format AA:AA:AA:BB:BB:BB

AA:AA:AA being the manufacturers code and BB:BB:BB being the serial number (id)

the scanner uses only the last byte so its 0-255 (0xff), using the last two bytes 0-65535 (0xffff) in a bruteforce would take about 45min with constant sending. you could randomise them and slow it down but it will still stick out like a sore thumb.

what could be done instead is 255 random values within the range of 0-65535. theres no point bruteforcing the first 3 bytes as certain areas only use certain manufactured modems. so we only have the last 3 bytes to play with.

ive discussed the next releases algorithm with nozzer and benchould and its very clever, so although i very much do appreciate everyones input into the scanning procedure (and boxclever you are very much on track with what you say) the algorithm is closed off from public discussion.

im not trying to be a smartarse in a sort of "this is my app, so up ya arse", the reason is that many ppl have suggested ways for bruteforcing and many have completely overlooked the impact it will have on VM's network, so i decided to close it off from public discussion.

@BoxClever, seeing as you have put effort into researching this, i will PM u with more details of the next pre-release as soon as its available?

thanx , don some more reading and coud you ad

using more than 1 place when testing macs

reding the forums it seems there are more than 1 server saying if a mac is valid ? why not use more than 1 and random macs ?

somthing like

mac 00 - server 1
mac 01 - server 2
mac 02 - server 1

if you random the macs to, you could do 2 at once ?

pre-release souds bril, send me a pm

Box

hi guys can some one write a a tut on how to use for me plz
i what to have a go at it

Is it possible to sort the MAC's alphabetically (alphanumerically) or sort by config file - how about an option to input a series of MAC's rather than one at a time.

hi guys can some one write a a tut on how to use for me plz
i what to have a go at it

look at the beginning of the thread mate. theres no point writing a proper tut for it as the next release is coming out soon (i think ive already mentioned im back in uni earleir than expected so i only have limited time to work on it)

Is it possible to sort the MAC's alphabetically (alphanumerically) or sort by config file - how about an option to input a series of MAC's rather than one at a time.

will look into it once beta testers have given ok mate, shouldnt be hard and take about 5min.

Last edited:
bad news

ive been spending a few days working on a cool ubr sharing feature, where ppl using my app on the same ubr would instantly share macs that each other have sniffed, saving network traffic and making sniffing macs quicker.

but im sorry to say this wont work :(

after chatting to nozzer i totally forgot the network uses different frequencies for up and down channels, meaning packets sent from a client cant be seen by another client, only packets from a server can be seen.

unless i can think of a way to bounce the packets back off the server this feature wont be implemented.... was hoping to surprise u all but instead its 3 days down the fooking toilet :Kickassro:Kickassro:Kickassro

Damned XP won't let me install NF v2 ...

netfra.jpg

Hi,

I got the same problem while I was installing it. I went to the

"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework"

directory and deleted the

"v2.050727"

ok im confused here lol

ive read the whole thread again to try to get it right in my head but the posts contradict each other

can i use this appliance tto get a mac for me to use on a clone or much i still mac trade??

AIUI, It will tell you what MAC's are valid on your whole franchise, it will not (in it's current form) tell you which UBR they are from. MAC's Bruteforced here will likely work on your Modem

AIUI, It will tell you what MAC's are valid on your whole franchise, it will not (in it's current form) tell you which UBR they are from. MAC's Bruteforced here will likely work on your Modem

lol thanks for reply that makes it as clear as mud for me lol

can any one give me a yes or no answer wether macs i sniff with this app
can be used by myself or not. or does it depend on the mac you enter???

HELP.................... lol thx for patience

just put in a mac that you were using before all these problems and bruteforce that should give you some valid macs.

just put in a mac that you were using before all these problems and bruteforce that should give you some valid macs.
I dont seem to work that way for me.

even when puting in a working mac and hit brutefource it still just scans macs from my urb.

may be im missing something ?

Back