Low Signal Problems

fezzy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys

My setup consists of DM8000\ Spiderbox 9000, Triax 110cm Dish, Inverto twin 0.1 LNB,
Superior Dark Motor. Just one cable running from the dish to a tv cable switch, so
i can switch from one box to the other. My problem guys is this, i pick most of the
channels up from 30w - 45e, so no problem there. But after the last lot of bad winds
we had last month i noticed the loss of 22w + 30w and low signal on other sats. So last
weekend i reset the rig. I have now got 30w to 45e again and picking up most channels.
However i,ve found that right across the arc i,m losing signal, but got very high qaulity.
Eg, on some channels on 30w i have 80% signal with 94% Quality. On 19e from 78% to
84% Signal - to 90% Quality. On 39e, 76% Signal to 88% Quality. I don,t seem to be able
to get any more signal than this. Yes i know about the signal loss through the switch. I
have also switched between three LNB,s giving me the same out come. Any Idea,s Guys ??

Fezzy

I forgot to add, the pole 100% plumb and the dish and motor are bang on true aswell.

Fezzy

did you recheck the dish elevation when you reset the motor/dish? also have you tried running the cable straight to one box to see if the snr does go back to what you would expect.what sort of switch are you using is it an A/B one.I had a set up like that and that gave virtually no signal loss,Iv now replaced it with a powerpass splitter and that gives about 4/5% drop in snr(quality stays the same)I have not had any problems with the channels so I"m happy with it as it saves manually switching between boxes.

Hi

Yes its the A-B switch. I have run different cables to the recievers. All the same outcome.
Just had a look at the motor and its set on about 46, it should be 51.7 ( 52 ). So that could
be my problem. I,ll have another play on Sunday morning.

Thanks

Fezzy

hello mate, after you have got it running again to your satisfaction try a 2 way satellite splitter with power pass in place of the A/B switch it saves a lot of hassle and they are dirt cheap I got 3 for under £4 delivered.

are these figures worse than they were originally before the winds?

Back