konig cable signal amplifier splitter

Sajuk101

Inactive User
Reaction score
been sorting out my cable setup this week.

firstly, got a konig splitter and put in on the main feed. now one feed goes to a digivox and the other to my 250 modem.

Before i split the connection i had a Downstream Power of 4.7 to 5.1 (in modem configuration page). Now i have a Downstream Power of 0.7 to 1.1 but, all is working fine; the modem and the digivox.

However, later on i want to the split the connection again. I'm want to put a splitter on the feed going to the modem (getting another digivox for upstairs). now will this have a great effect on the signal strength? as i am splitting it twice.

i was thinking of getting the konig booster (yellow brick) but could i put it in the room where the feed for the modem is or do i have to connect it up to the main feed? Also does the booster require you to plug it in to a mains socket?

i have a 4 way splitter coming off my yellow brick booster mate, a starview a pace box and 2 ambit 250's also a SB4200i and i never had any probs until VM turned the signal down in my area :(

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

cheers for the help, but can i put the booster upstairs on a split feed or does it have to be on the main feed? furthermore, does it require plugging in to a mains socket for power?

It needs to go before main cable feed is split.
Yes it needs a permanant power source.

Back