just passed city n guilds 2218 digital aerial installation

terminator2k2

Inactive User
Reaction score
wooo hoooo....i just got back from me digital aerial installation course......

city and guilds 2218 digital aerial installation

and passed........:Clap:

well chuffed............just got to do me sky course now

congrats,, where you take it and how long is the course as looking to do the same mysef

thanks for the replies......yea c/s as in card s****** lol

the course is provided by cnet training..3 day course...they are based in suffolk...

they are on the net if u want to look at there site...just google cnet training....

got to say lovely place and so relaxed atmosphere.....

got to say it was a fair way to go 135 miles.....but worth it.......

roll on the sky course......

3 days? i did a whole year when this course first came out lol, but was other stuff in there at the same time though

well done m8 :)

yea i think it was 12 months rolled into 3 days really.....

they was saying city and guilds only allow 3 days for this course now....wether that is correct i dont know.......

but seen as im a tv service engineer i knew a lot of the relevant stuff anyway like ber and fec, db , dbuv.......

just wanted to know about wat kind of signal is needed at the aerial and stuff...

i know its 1 thing on paper and another actualy doing the job......

experience with time.......

digi did u cover mast head amps and splitters, etc.?

as this was basicly a single aerial install........would of liked to know about mast heads amps etc...as this will be more useful wen installing into more than 1 room from the aerial......

i had a book with around 300+ pages to digest.......

we did ladder work.....microlites.....ladder mates....chimney lashings....brackets....simple aerial meter use.... cabling...connectors....

i would say though that experience comes from actualy doing the job.....

like most courses though....they go over the top with the theory.....

i suppose it will be hard and a struggle wen i first go out....

Gud on ya M8.......Congrats...........................:banana:

hats off to you mate. congratulations!!!:thumbsup:

Im new to the site but a massive congratulations to you. Believe me I really appreciate the importance and understand the significance of using a properly authorised satellite installer.

I had a 1metre triax dish "installed" back in 2005. It was the worst thing that I had ever seen. This guy had no metre. No I dont mean a cheap metre from maplin, I literally mean no metre. He started on a Friday morning and he had to continue to return over the weekend. That whole damn weekend all I heard was "left a bit...no no right a bit" as this idiot was moving the dish about. Even after all that, by the time he finished on sunday evening, we could just about get hotbird and astra 19. :arrrr:

The worst thing is that it has taken me 4years to find a good authorised and trained installer to properly skew and allign the dish and the LNBs.

But seriously well done mate, while theres cowboys like my previous "installer" around, good installers like you will always be in high demand.

:emotions1

thanks for all the replies......

just got back from a 2 weeks bskyb installation and health and safety course and passed that....:banana:

that gives me city and guilds 2219 digital sat installation.......

just got to gather a few things then ill be out n about installing......

Back