Is it worth to pay for n3?

sabb

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi, i an in midland area and my friend got the new box thats works for £200.00. but you need a internet thats i got.but i want to know how long will it works? is this worth every penny or future is very short?

Hi, i an in midland area and my friend got the new box thats works for £200.00. but you need a internet thats i got.but i want to know how long will it works? is this worth every penny or future is very short?

what box did he get ?

that box will be using a system of card sharing.. someone down the line will pay full sub and then use the internet to send the encryption codes to your box...
problems with this are:
  • if he decides to kick you off his server - end
  • if his internet connection goes down/unplugged tv = off
  • if your internet goes down tv = off
  • relativly little is known about cs on cable atm so finding a new server could prove hard if he decides to stop his ..

other than these points there is no reason why the method will not work so its up to you... if he did pull the plug you could always get on a new server but as i have said they are few and far between at the moment

hope this helps

ste

.....but i want to know how long will it works? is this worth every penny or future is very short?

How long is a bit of string ?

It may last 5 years or it might be off tomorrow. Nobody knows the answer to your question.

You pays your money and you takes your chance !

i got me one of those box's, its called sky+ box, £23 a month and i can record while watching :)

i would wait for a bit longer mate ,that is far to much to be paying for a box ,,,the info for this will come out at some point

i would wait for a bit longer mate ,that is far to much to be paying for a box ,,,the info for this will come out at some point

You need to remember these include a sub and not just the equipment. I remember when pace boxes were over £200 modded and thats when there were no subs to pay

can u get us any details on wich box it is m8 ! thanks

I've read CS is running on the Dreams & the Krypts , with the Krypts u need a serial to ethernet gizmo to connect it to the net

Originally Posted by sabb
what box did he get for £200 and what you meen it works,works in what way.

if like most of us... have a dm500c then you wont have to buy new box. just get the sub of the c/s guy whos got the server for the virgin card. should be simple to just set up ccam and then plug box into internet.
the big questions is how much for the 1yr sub and how many can you share on 1 card before ecm's are killed?? because it may be better value to go sly c/s? i think about £50 per 1 yr sub for a quailty virgin sub would be about right.
i was seeing dm500c going for a little as £25 bnib as the dealers knew about the n3 comming, so i think now dealerts see this and will boost price back up, so get one know while cheap.

Serial > Ethernet Adapter......

never thorght of this ... this could open alot of older box's if the software was re-written to handle this... hardware dependant obviously.

i wish sv/eurov's were open source i would re-write

ste

Right heres how it is..... from my digging into it

The servers running the Cs are hosted on several dedicated servers (and routed with fast routing through other countries out of uk jurisdiction) each with multiple cards and cams...

So down time is pretty much non existed

Either a box thats supports Newcamd or cccam as client can be used (dreamboxs etc)

Or an older style box K***** can be use with a seial to ethernet adapter than auto connects to share etc (dif firmware on the box).

the timing is great on these, the uptime is great, and it's doubtfull/very doubtfull they'll go off anytime soon

All another box with inbuilt lan (ST*******) are doing a similar thing

Hope this helps guys...

Serial > Ethernet Adapter......

never thorght of this ... this could open alot of older box's if the software was re-written to handle this... hardware dependant obviously.

i wish sv/eurov's were open source i would re-write

ste

yes & most of them have a Ethernet/use port , pace, sammys, v+'s, so let hope some1 can write new SW for them, well thats my plan anyway .lol

i doubt very much that anyone will convert official box's to ethernet method... that would need a hell of alot of work...

you say that there would be no down time but what about when vm start blocking the ports then your fooked lol

ste

With the servers being out of the country if your using VM Internet they may filter international ips on their network at some point then you will be stuffed.

With the servers being out of the country if your using VM Internet they may filter international ips on their network at some point then you will be stuffed.
Filter out international ip's ? Yeah they would last a long time in the internet buisness doing that lmao. Only a fraction of the sites I visit come from the uk....../and im pretty certain im not alone on that score.

doubt they would stop international ip's that would limit your internet to about 2 pages lol :p ... but once they discovered a server just but put its ip on blacklist ...

Right heres how it is..... from my digging into it

The servers running the Cs are hosted on several dedicated servers (and routed with fast routing through other countries out of uk jurisdiction) each with multiple cards and cams...

So down time is pretty much non existed

Either a box thats supports Newcamd or cccam as client can be used (dreamboxs etc)

Or an older style box K***** can be use with a seial to ethernet adapter than auto connects to share etc (dif firmware on the box).

the timing is great on these, the uptime is great, and it's doubtfull/very doubtfull they'll go off anytime soon

All another box with inbuilt lan (ST*******) are doing a similar thing

Hope this helps guys...

If you think that this is what an average trader does then I personally would be very surprised. More likely that he's got his box connected to the internet acting as the server.

As to the OPs question, why ask here, why not ask your mate or even the person you've purchased the box from, he should be able to tell you what hardware he has in place to guarantee your mate a service.

Back