Is it worth to pay for n3?

if like most of us... have a dm500c then you wont have to buy new box. just get the sub of the c/s guy whos got the server for the virgin card. should be simple to just set up ccam and then plug box into internet.
the big questions is how much for the 1yr sub and how many can you share on 1 card before ecm's are killed?? because it may be better value to go sly c/s? i think about £50 per 1 yr sub for a quailty virgin sub would be about right.
i was seeing dm500c going for a little as £25 bnib as the dealers knew about the n3 comming, so i think now dealerts see this and will boost price back up, so get one know while cheap.

What sellers?

If you think that this is what an average trader does then I personally would be very surprised. More likely that he's got his box connected to the internet acting as the server.

As to the OPs question, why ask here, why not ask your mate or even the person you've purchased the box from, he should be able to tell you what hardware he has in place to guarantee your mate a service.

The people running the stable usable paysevers aren't your standard traders.....

I'll work at producing you lot some video proof of how a VM3 card can be share to a variety of boxes....

at the end of the day...for all those worried...n3 has not put end to watching virgin. it means you now have to pay a very small £££ to watch it and have the internet,
also a plus side is not having to wait for top guys like 2bc to come out with fix when virgin change codes!
every cloud has a....lol

Last edited:
at the end of the day...for all those worried...n3 has not put end to watching virgin. it means you know have to pay a very small £££ to watch it and have internet, also a plus side is not having to wait for top guys loke 2bc to come out with fix when virgin change codes!
every cloud has a....lol

I have a right problem with that tho ... the part about waiting for somebody else to fix it...

I have a right problem with that tho ... the part about waiting for somebody else to fix it...
not sure how that not having to wait for fixes any more is a problem? could you explain please? thanks

not sure how that not having to wait for fixes any more is a problem? could you explain please? thanks

Well if everyone sat around waiting for somebody else to fix it, then nothing would get done.

I see one guy already posted up his virmin cs !

But I cant post full description/details obviously...

But he offers XL package for bit cheaper and the XL+ package which offers the rest of the paid for channels:

HIS PRICES:

1 Month £40
3 Months £100
6 Months £160
12 Months £270

Server doesnt appear too be up and running but reading thru the comments bit more info I read.

"well starview6 is up and running in ireland on n3 (upc) . as for servers at £40 a month can't see them being up"

The guy whos charging 270 quid for 12 months hasnt got n3 in his area so is unable too start his c/s anyhow....

Theres talk of someone using a krytview with ethernet adaptor successfully also but hes got glitches/issues.

Apparantly the folk with starview6 boxes that have it working in ireland say its glitchy/not 100% atm either.

Its early days imo so will have too see once the full rollout happens in uk then the whole of england can work of workarounds and soloutions :) But its looking like this is the new route and imo at these prices I would have imagined no more then a tenner per month tbh since virgin prices are better then skys, and when one can pay max £20 per month with sat c/s and get 1500+ channels in hd also and world wide any point in cable c/s ?

well im socked at those prices! GREED!!!!
when you think you can have a satillte sub with thousands of channs and a massive amount of extra hd channs, for as little as £6 pm broke down from a 1 yr sub £70-£80. although £130 pa gets you a top server no freeze. still only £11 ish a month.
ive been in talks with certain servers and we agree that if they go ahead the around the £50 mark for a year sub on virgin is fair when you compair it to the value on satellite subs.
i think we will find as its a new'ish way ahead that the greed factor brought in by fear of loosing cable sevice has calmed down there will then show some sensible pricing in the nearfuture. its a bit like when the plasma tv came out, remember how a phillips 40" was £10,000 at comets! lol now look...£380 odd

I see one guy already posted up his virmin cs !

HIS PRICES:
1 Month £40
3 Months £100
6 Months £160
12 Months £270

He is also offering boxes a £180, presumably a DM500C which you can get, one off clone for £50 delivered from China.

It appears that the cams are currently available to read VM N3 cards, it just a matter getting the N3 Boxkey and RSA Key, which is going to be the difficult part. A last resort maybe to use the guy in Poland who charges 75 Euro plus shipping for the info, but his website does not, as yet, list VM boxes.

Starview 6 boxes are likely to become available here, if not already, for £200 including a 12 month server subscription. But what are the chances it lasing 12 months and afterwards, are you required to purchase another box?

You would be much better off, either subscribing to Sky and setting up you own private cs syndicate or putting up a dish, fixed or motorised, and getting a good payserver, than pay these rip-off prices.

So the choice is to go for a Sky cs system of some type as the setup cost is going to be about the same as getting your own cable cs running, even if you have to put a dish or if you don't then it could work out cheaper. Also far less hassle.

James

Last edited:
doubt they would stop international ip's that would limit your internet to about 2 pages lol :p ... but once they discovered a server just but put its ip on blacklist ...

As an example say the server was hosted in China. No one really visit sites from china majority of the UK population visit sites from UK, USA or Europe. If VM decide to block ips from Asia I can't see this being a problems for their broadband subscribers.

HIS PRICES:

1 Month £40
3 Months £100
6 Months £160
12 Months £270

He wont be in business for long with those kind of prices for VM !

For a VM CS you really shouldn't be looking at more than £10-£15 per month top end (Movies/Sports/XL-pack).

well im socked at those prices! GREED!!!!
when you think you can have a satillte sub with thousands of channs and a massive amount of extra hd channs, for as little as £6 pm broke down from a 1 yr sub £70-£80. although £130 pa gets you a top server no freeze. still only £11 ish a month.
ive been in talks with certain servers and we agree that if they go ahead the around the £50 mark for a year sub on virgin is fair when you compair it to the value on satellite subs.
i think we will find as its a new'ish way ahead that the greed factor brought in by fear of loosing cable sevice has calmed down there will then show some sensible pricing in the nearfuture. its a bit like when the plasma tv came out, remember how a phillips 40" was £10,000 at comets! lol now look...£380 odd

are these so called servers up and running yet at £50 for a year.??????
are will these be the ones you on about that will freeze all the time as they think they be cheap so get more clients.

but then again can't see too many private servers on cable c/s for a start the rsa are not public and 99% of the boxes that use the sk can't be dumped.
so at best leaves 1 % off boxes to use unless off course you know the rsa keys.

i think any one that pays more than £10 a moth for any c/s on cable needs to go see a doctor.

for sat now that a bit diff if you have a motorized dish they if you get all the football channels like the 3pm kick offs then you can except to pay a bit more.

yes & most of them have a Ethernet/use port , pace, sammys, v+'s, so let hope some1 can write new SW for them, well thats my plan anyway .lol

Which part of this is your plan? doing it or hoping/waiting for somebody for else to do it? :Fish:

As an example say the server was hosted in China. No one really visit sites from china majority of the UK population visit sites from UK, USA or Europe. If VM decide to block ips from Asia I can't see this being a problems for their broadband subscribers.

Tend to disagree with that as half the stuff on sites like Ebay etc come from China and Asian countries as do most chips for Wiis, DS consoles etc (dealextreme etc) if access to all these sites were blocked most people I know would leave their service provider pronto

Back