Is it a clone?

Mate is a programmer at a big firm that can get it changed over but finding the chip is issue as looked as on ebay and nothing they.

Lesson learnt should listen to that small voice in head [emoji4]

Cheers guys, chip ordered so watch this space.

Thank you all for your help

Chip has been replaced and tried to flash the V2 image which it recognises and says erasing and flashing but it completes in about a minute, box boots up all I get is starting on the front LCD and VU+ purple splash screen.

Anything more I can do to bring it to live?

Chip has been replaced and tried to flash the V2 image which it recognises and says erasing and flashing but it completes in about a minute, box boots up all I get is starting on the front LCD and VU+ purple splash screen.

Anything more I can do to bring it to live?

You have already flashed the bootloader then ?

Have you tried other V2 images ?

No mate, just flashed the image, didnt think had to flash BL?

Which BL do I need to flash?

Ive just purchased a vu solo 2 se, anyone know where I can get the latest supported version of Vix for this? I don't want to accidentally install the wrong version so if you can guide me would be appreciated.
I would make a full image backup of your current image and save this to USB and check the download section for Vix 3.2 007 for Sunray Solo2.

This is for Sunray clones but some Solo2 SE have been known to accept sunray images. Sunray images are clone safe.

Worst case is image will not fully boot and you get stuck with a black screen. If this happens, just flash back to your backup image you saved elsewhere.

Last edited:
I would make a full image backup of your current image and save this to USB and check the download section for Vix 3.2 007 for Sunray Solo2.

This is for Sunray clones but some Solo2 SE have been known to accept sunray images. Sunray images are clone safe.

Worst case is image will not fully boot and you get stuck with a black screen. If this happens, just flash back to your backup image you saved elsewhere.
I had to replace the chip mate so no image to backup as does not fully boot up.

Tried the 2.09 and again flash is over within a minute.

Box boots have the BH splash screen but then just sits at starting. I am guessing the chip has been fitted right.

Could it be because it was a dragonworth clone and chip seller could not confirm which box the chip was for, that cold be the issue?

Yes, as you have signs of life and can flash then replacement of nand flash chip was a success.

As you have a dragonworth your options are even more limited than lonrison clones.

I see you have tried the v2 image and you get stuck on "starting".

Sorry it's a guessing game from me now and you risk bricking your box with anything else you try and are you prepared to brick your box!?

I know @dirkjan73 had a Dragonworth clone so if he is still around maybe he could help more?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes mate willing to try anything to get it back to live.
I'm putting an image together now of latest image I could find that still takes the old kernel 3.3.8-2.0 but with drivers from v2.

Now as the drivers are from v2 they will not brick your box but I can't be sure what reaction dragonworth's built-in security chip will react and that may brick your box or just (hopefully) refuse to fully boot up.

If you are happy to take this risk then I will send you a PM to try the image?

Seems like its died before I could try these images. VFD is dead and nothing other than blue power button light.

Time for another chip:hubbahubba:

Died before you even tried the images? Have the chip checked to see if it's seated properly/hasn't come loose (however that is doubtful tbh).

Have you already got a chip as some chinese sellers were selling them in pairs)?

If not, you sure you don't want to consider getting new box if maybe worth it considering no guarantee what, if any, image you can get working on it !! :)

Thank you everyone for all your help.

I replaced the NAND chip for a 2nd time and it was stuck on starting and the BH bootlogo.

I flashed it with APPOLLO that was linked earlier in the thread and its back to live, happy days and can give it back to the my friend!!

Now appollo has no update feeds, anyway I can update the ABM and skins?

What is kernel version of that image - normally displayed in the about info box.

Skins available now were meant for new images so I doubt they will work on old images but you can try - just ensure you make a full image backup first and store that on USB or something first.

ABM should still work (but again ensure you have a full image backup). I've just uploaded newer version here but you may have to remove existing version and reboot first.

Plugins > Remove > system plugins > AutoBouquetMaker (I believe) is location of abm plugin within feeds.

What skin you after?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back