Is it a clone?

madhatter007

Inactive User
Reaction score
Friend has asked me to flash his box which he bought as genuine but I think it's a clone.

Can someone confirm please and which make?

His wanting vix but I dare nor load it in case my suspicions are true.uploadfromtaptalk1439645630813.jpguploadfromtaptalk1439645663256.jpguploadfromtaptalk1439645698827.jpguploadfromtaptalk1439645726145.jpg

Quickest way to find out if it's a clone is to flash with sunray safe vix image which is available from vu sunray clone area of satellite download section.

This will have patched drivers so worse case that should happen is that it refuses to fully boot and you get a black screen with Solo2 on front display.

Its a clone look underneath the HDD caddy there is a chip with its ID scratched off.

Never seen that on a real solo2 so i suspect you have a Drangonworth or Lornison box.

Definite clone, genuine boxes have small holes all over the circular fan vent.

Is it safe to flash sunray image if it's say Lomrisum
Yes, but Ferret & fatbob46 have said it's a clone so it's a waste of your time flashing with sunray safe image. If it's a lonrison clone then they have different flash versions (latest being v4 which is still around a year old).

In the VU Clone section of the satellite download area, there is a Vix Hades 18 Sky looking setup you can try. It should state it's for lonrison v4 flashed boxes.

Try this image and if it doesn't work then one of these two things will happen:-

1. Box flashes but during bootup, it stops with a black screen with words "Vu Solo2" on box display.
2. Box flashes and boots but during either viewing live TV or scanning for channels, the box will freeze and at this point you can't even ftp/telnet into box.

This image has clone safe drivers to prevent bricked situation.

ALWAYS MAKE A FULL BACKUP OF CURRENT IMAGE FIRST.

Its a clone look underneath the HDD caddy there is a chip with its ID scratched off.

Never seen that on a real solo2 so i suspect you have a Drangonworth or Lornison box.
Made me suspicious the white label in middle with no info.

Will try the Lonrisun image, absolutely no idea who the box builder is

Made me suspicious the white label in middle with no info.

Will try the Lonrisun image, absolutely no idea who the box builder is

You could work backward v4 image v3 image v2 one will boot and operate as it should.

At this point id stay away for doing a v4 update if it is not a v4 at the moment as it can cause tuner scanning and lock issues. No idea why as some boxes run fine on it some wont.

I agree with Ferret, I'd avoid doing a v4 flash update but you can safely try v4 image as I mentioned and then work backwards as mentioned by Ferret with a v3/2 image.

This no Lonrisun.
This is Dragonworth. You can only use old , so called V2, images.

This no Lonrisun.
This is Dragonworth. You can only use old , so called V2, images.
How can you tell (for furture use)?

Also, is it not possible to upgrade Dragonworth with v4 flash update?

I see it on the motherboard. There are stickers and prints, which are only on Dragonworth clones.
Dragonworth can only use images till V2, later images will brick the clone.

I see it on the motherboard. There are stickers and prints, which are only on Dragonworth clones.
Dragonworth can only use images till V2, later images will brick the clone.

How would a v4 image brick it the drivers are safe drivers, it may not boot but it would not brick it.

Lonrisun drivers contain timebomb. Only in Sunray drivers the timebomb is removed.
So Lonrisun V4 drivers are NOT safe.
Dragonworth doesn´t boot with V3 image, but with V4 image the Dragonworth will brick.

Lonrisun drivers contain timebomb.
The images I upload, the v4 lonrison drivers have been patched so they will no longer brick non v4 flashed boxes.

It is true that older images and the original lonrison v4 drivers can brick box but not my recent uploads.

- - - Updated - - -

When you have a chance, anyway you could circle to indicate where are the key indications that it's a dragonworth. Like download pic and circle areas where you can tell and then re-upload?

It would be very much appreciated.

See my post 6

g8htqeij.jpg

f8btyr8q.jpg

This are the signs for Dragonworth.

And here the original pic with marked signs:

uploadfromtaptalk1439645726145.jpg

Hope you´ll see it.
I´m a Paint-N00b :proud:

Last edited:
Thanks for that @IhrWixer.

Is it not possible to flash a dragonworth with v4 flash update itself?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back