Is it a clone?

No, the V2-4 updates are only for Lonrisun.
You can brick the Dragonworth when you try it.

Yes, but Ferret & fatbob46 have said it's a clone so it's a waste of your time flashing with sunray safe image. If it's a lonrison clone then they have different flash versions (latest being v4 which is still around a year old).

In the VU Clone section of the satellite download area, there is a Vix Hades 18 Sky looking setup you can try. It should state it's for lonrison v4 flashed boxes.

Try this image and if it doesn't work then one of these two things will happen:-

1. Box flashes but during bootup, it stops with a black screen with words "Vu Solo2" on box display.
2. Box flashes and boots but during either viewing live TV or scanning for channels, the box will freeze and at this point you can't even ftp/telnet into box.

This image has clone safe drivers to prevent bricked situation.

ALWAYS MAKE A FULL BACKUP OF CURRENT IMAGE FIRST.

box starts displays solo2 but nothing more.

Is there an image that will work on it, if i cannot use V4 or sunrays?

I see it on the motherboard. There are stickers and prints, which are only on Dragonworth clones.
Dragonworth can only use images till V2, later images will brick the clone.

If you do brick it, is there away of recovering it?

I don´t know.
Is your box bricked? Or do it just stucks at start?
First try to flash a V2 image.

Strange it seems to be widely know v2 images work on the Dragonworth.

Now im not sure if this applies to the Dragonworth but worth a try originally posted by Aliraza63

Ive just fond this info else where by Aliraza63 try this with the attached files.

I have used the method according to instruction and luckly recoverd back my Solo 2 and my Friends Solo2 Se . Both boxes are working fine For other members I m pasting pics and Files set for the forum.

1. First of All Install Mcu_ Flash file With the RS-232 Cable from the folder
2. Switch off the Receiver
3. Open Hyper terminal
4. According to PDF guide Connect and load the boot laoder in this folder
5. After Successfull Complete Just Uplaod any Safe Image with Usb

Attachments

• SOLO2 FLASH MCU TOOL.rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
Strange it seems to be widely know v2 images work on the Dragonworth.

Now im not sure if this applies to the Dragonworth but worth a try originally posted by Aliraza63

This is for Lonrisun Solo2 SE only.
Maybe could JTAG work or a flash exchange.
But for a Dragonworth I wouldn´t do that much effort.

Ok. Then only a flash exchange could help.
But only, if the Dragonworth is bricked by a wrong image.
If the Dragonworth is bricked by using Lonrisun update tools, there is no hope.

Ok. Then only a flash exchange could help.
But only, if the Dragonworth is bricked by a wrong image.
If the Dragonworth is bricked by using Lonrisun update tools, there is no hope.

Im not even 100% convinced it is a Dragonworth board as an image that should work on the Dragonworth bricked it. Hence i offered the guide the Alizar 63 because he has recovered a solo 2 with it and madhatter007 has nothing to loose.

There is nothing on the net to say that update tool will totally ruin a Dragonworth board if that is what it is.

BB3 wont jatag a dragonworth board because the timebomb leaves bad sectors in the nand flash Lornison boards dont always have bad sectors and some have been lucky enough to jatag. bb3 and a jtag interface can not deal with bad sectors.

It looks like a the nandflash needs to be removed and either reprogrammed with say something like the old william M programmer or have it replaced if a nandflash for the motherboard type can be obtained.

Ive heard of mobile phone repair shop replacing nands for as little as £20 if madhatter does not have the equipment. But then he is back to square one what image to flash ?

We should wait for an answer, HOW he bricked it.
A V2 image can´t brick the Dragonworth.

There is nothing on the net to say that update tool will totally ruin a Dragonworth board if that is what it is.

Experience in a german board.

When my mate dropped the box off it started and had solo2 on front VFD.

I than flashed the V2 image linked above and that worked fine.

I than installed the one linked by ketmp in above post that says sky like skin. That flashed but had solo2 on VFD and reboot nada.[emoji5] [emoji5]

When my mate dropped the box off it started and had solo2 on front VFD.

I than flashed the V2 image linked above and that worked fine.

I than installed the one linked by ketmp in above post that says sky like skin. That flashed but had solo2 on VFD and reboot nada.[emoji5] [emoji5]

Ahhh now it make sense so it ran with a v2 image but the v4 image bricked it. It is as IhrWixer stated then a Dragonworth mobo and also as stated by IhrWixer v4 images brick Dragonworth boxes even the ktemp safe driver versions.

All i can suggest mate is to try alibaba clone sellers to see if they have a nand preflashed with a Dragonworth image and take it in to a tv repair and phone shop for replacing asuming you dont have the equipment to do it.

Back