Intruder alarm help

marty

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey Guy's

I was wandering if it would be possible(or if there is enough people who would require it) to add to the downloads a section for Alarm manuals?
As an engineer I have loads of User & Engineer instructions on disk that I could upload.
No engineer codes from companies are in them, they are all what you would get if you bought the alarm as new.

Any other engineers on here willing to help out?

as it happens, I would welcome it. Been setting one of these up for a while now on the cheap and there have been a few threads started on this topic.

That would come in handy marty!
I tend to stick with the Optima Accenta as I find it an easy trusted friend lol

When I have a look at another system, I'm nearly allways stuck lol

Curly

Same here mate - Any job's I do for myself in a house an Accenta 8 never fails!!
I've only ever had 1 go faulty shortly after install in 15 years and sods law....it was my Mothers !!

Nice & easy for the user too !!

One thing I have been looking into lately is X10 - not sure if you guys work with this at all?

Same here, never had 1 go faulty.
Have 1 at home with 2 RKP's and a menvier sd1+ ;)

Curly

House alarm is a bit much - Got a Galaxy 60 ..... with a vocalizer

@ Karym6 - Not heard of the X10 mate - who's the manufacturer??

Last edited:
I,d second this, Got myself a galaxy system and took me an age to get hold of the manual for my system but be glad to upload them.

Also had a elderly neighbour who had one of these systems and alarm company wanted £110 to come out and reset a tamper fault. I think the info was in the manual, but i had to short zone1 on the board to reset engineers code to default so the old girl did not have to pay the robbing sods.

i have a galaxy g2-44 and the tamper has activated and need to reset it as the battery was changed. what do i short zone 1 to to default the panel? cheers for any help:BLOBBY:

You will need the engineers code to reset the tamper, but if you dont have the code you will need to put the short on zone 1 to default the panel, never done it before so not too sure on the exact method.

You will need the engineers code to reset the tamper, but if you dont have the code you will need to put the short on zone 1 to default the panel, never done it before so not too sure on the exact method.

cheers, i dont unfortunately have the code. i have found the installation manual but am unsure what to short zone 1 to. unfortunately no jumpers to remove or motherboard batteries to remove like the old days:grayno:

been looking at manual, its not reset the zone to reset on the trigger head just above it? i persume switch panel on while its shorted? i dont want to blow it just yet but i need to get it to work as the wifes been nagging me, thanks for any help guys:Cry:

been looking at manual, its not reset the zone to reset on the trigger head just above it? i persume switch panel on while its shorted? i dont want to blow it just yet but i need to get it to work as the wifes been nagging me, thanks for any help guys:Cry:

Only just seen this post......Down power system(mains & Battery)You short zone 1(link it out), keep panel lid tamper open(keep lid off) & AUX tamper take the wire out.
Re-apply power - codes should be (eng)112233 & (manager)12345
Remove zone 1 short, reconnect AUX tamper & refit panel lid.
JOB DONE

was just looking at manual, i take it the auxillary tamper is the T on the SAB side of the pcb. i just have to take the wire out of this to do it? cheers again

was just looking at manual, i take it the auxillary tamper is the T on the SAB side of the pcb. i just have to take the wire out of this to do it? cheers again

yes - it's the sab tamper & yes just remove the wire

Cheers again, you are a lifesaver, il try it tomorrow.

Hi

Would love a section on this. Just bought a house thats got an Ademco panel in but agents had no user code for this so a bit stuck here.

Looked all over internet for manual but cant find one. Nearest I got to reset everything didnt work just cannot find this particular panel as there is no model number apart from the fact thats its ademco.

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Ademco what mate? - Possibly will say on the sticker Ademco Microtec.....This is an early version of the Galaxy, possibly an 8,16(+) or 18..
Also an idea on age?? Another option is an Ademco Accord Xpc..
Once you find out pm me and if i have the manual i'll upload it to the download section
Edit: If possible upload some pics of the panel/keypad and I'll see if I recognise the panel

Back