home alarm problem

coathanger57

DW Member +
Reaction score
hi guys, looking for help from a house alarm engineer if possible, i have an ademco vista 10, 8 zone alarm that has got an intermittent fault, when the alarm is unarmed i get the number 99 in the keypad display, can anyone shed any light on this fault. don't know if this is just a coincidence but we had a power outage then this fault occurred. thanks in advance for any help.

How old is it? Chances are the backup battery was on its last legs the power cut was enough to kill it. Have you tried removing it and re-booting?

How old is it? Chances are the backup battery was on its last legs the power cut was enough to kill it. Have you tried removing it and re-booting?

Aye, battery will do about 10 years.

I’d try the battery first if it hasn’t been changed for some time.

hi guys, the battery was changed 4 or 5 years ago, when i switch mains power off it runs on battery ok, i don't think the alarm should go off if it's on mains power and unarmed.

hi guys, the battery was changed 4 or 5 years ago, when i switch mains power off it runs on battery ok, i don't think the alarm should go off if it's on mains power and unarmed.

I found this in the manual on page 2

✱99 Exits programming mode and allows re-entry by: Installer Code + 8 + 0 + 0 or method A above

I think it is warning you to disable this option in programming.

http://site.aesecurity.com/Manuals/vista10pprogramming.pdf

@coathanger57 Have you tried this
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

tried Installer Code + 8 + 0 + 0 ,so far so good, will wait and see, fingers crossed

Back