India hotel and railway attacks kill five and injure dozens

Kidnapping and Taking Hostages

just thought i add this and show what real islam has to say on the above/war

First of all, we would like to stress that Islam forbids targeting non-combatants by killing or by kidnapping or taking them as hostages, or inflicting any kind of harm on them. There are other rules on how to deal with combatants.

Stressing this point, Sheikh Muhammad Al-Mukhtar Al-Shinqiti, Director of the Islamic Center of South Plains, Lubbock, Texas, states the following:

One of the rules of conduct of jihad in Islam that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) highly stressed is "Do not kill a woman, a child, an old man, or a monk in his monastery; do not cut down trees." In another version of the hadith he is reported to have said, “…do not kill traders or farmers.”

All of these hadiths mean that it is strictly forbidden to target non-combatants by killing or kidnapping or taking them as hostages, or inflicting any kind of harm on them.

On the other hand, there are other rules on how to deal with combatants and warring people. If a Muslim is defending himself or his homeland, he is supposed to be a noble fighter, and that includes fighting with courage and mercy at the same time, and preserving the rights of prisoners of war.

It stands without doubt that these rules of conduct have been recorded in history as noble characteristics of Muslims. In his book Arab Civilization, the French scholar Gustav Lebon said that history never witnessed merciful conquerors but Muslims.

Today, the image of Islam and Muslims has been tarnished especially with the globalization of media. Every Muslim should be responsible for every action, and he has to realize the consequences of his action on the image of Islam and the Muslims before the whole world.

hope people understand that the culprits are going against the real teachings of islam

For all your googling not much in the way of NON Muslim terrorist groups
The ones in bold what groups did they belong to?
And which ones were far worse than the Muslim terrorist groups.

Agreed. That list is nonsense and just highlights your point.

In 1971 around 3 million Hindu's were massacred in the former East Pakistan by the Pakistani military in an ethnic cleansing exercise. We hear much talk about the massacres of the Jews in Germany but I bet that not many of you have heard of this genocide. 3 million people is a lot of people! There is a long history of muslim genocide in India. Has anyone ever asked a muslim why they hate Jews so much? It is because the koran teaches them to do so?

There is a lot of negationism in India,why would Islam want to own up to its history of murder and genocide, it much better off denying its crimes against humanity than having open debates about it.

Times are changing though. It's not just poor old Indians who are on the receiving end of muslim terrorism, now that nice white folks have been effected. Lets see how you guys get on in your up and coming war against Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Until the majority of muslims stand up and put an end to this violence instead of supporting it by doing nothing at all (and thereby condoning it) the terrorism will not stop, innocent people will continue to die.

These are not isolated incidents and many more will come, I just hope that they are not on the scale of the last Pakistani massacre.

I think its even. Indian massacre innocent muslims in indian ocupied Kashmir and the world turns a blind eye to the attrocities commited there. The root course of terrorism in India is due to the Indian occupation of Kashmir. If the Kashmir issue is ressolved terrorism in India can be rooted out.

Re: Kidnapping and Taking Hostages

just thought i add this and show what real islam has to say on the above/war

First of all, we would like to stress that Islam forbids targeting non-combatants by killing or by kidnapping or taking them as hostages, or inflicting any kind of harm on them. There are other rules on how to deal with combatants.

Stressing this point, Sheikh Muhammad Al-Mukhtar Al-Shinqiti, Director of the Islamic Center of South Plains, Lubbock, Texas, states the following:

One of the rules of conduct of jihad in Islam that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) highly stressed is "Do not kill a woman, a child, an old man, or a monk in his monastery; do not cut down trees." In another version of the hadith he is reported to have said, “…do not kill traders or farmers.”

All of these hadiths mean that it is strictly forbidden to target non-combatants by killing or kidnapping or taking them as hostages, or inflicting any kind of harm on them.

On the other hand, there are other rules on how to deal with combatants and warring people. If a Muslim is defending himself or his homeland, he is supposed to be a noble fighter, and that includes fighting with courage and mercy at the same time, and preserving the rights of prisoners of war.

It stands without doubt that these rules of conduct have been recorded in history as noble characteristics of Muslims. In his book Arab Civilization, the French scholar Gustav Lebon said that history never witnessed merciful conquerors but Muslims.

Today, the image of Islam and Muslims has been tarnished especially with the globalization of media. Every Muslim should be responsible for every action, and he has to realize the consequences of his action on the image of Islam and the Muslims before the whole world.

hope people understand that the culprits are going against the real teachings of islam

I'm going to disagree and can illustarte this with real examples from our history. The Baath Party in Syria and Iraq was modelled on Mussolini's Fascist Party. Sir Mohammed Iqbal had written a eulogy for Mussolini. The Yugoslavian Muslims collaborated with the fascist regime in Croatia, and their grand-mufti exhorted them to serve in the Fascist Ustasha militia. Muslim nations (Tatars, Kalmuks, Balkars, Chechens, Ingoosh) in the Soviet Union fought alongside the Nazi invaders in the second world war......

It's no good saying that the killers were not muslims as they did not behave in the same way in that you would define your religion. I don't mean to offend you mojo but are you even aware of what the koran teaches regarding other people and religions?

My thoughts go out to all the families who have lost loved ones in this nonsense.

I lost 2 friends in the World Trade Center attacks. My younger brother ran heavy equipment during the rescue clean up efforts and he will never be the same again.

I think its even. Indian massacre innocent muslims in indian ocupied Kashmir and the world turns a blind eye to the attrocities commited there. The root course of terrorism in India is due to the Indian occupation of Kashmir. If the Kashmir issue is ressolved terrorism in India can be rooted out.

Here you go mojo, a real muslim telling it the way it is from his warped sense of reality. Kill Kill Kill

Kashmir seems like a easy excuse to use to me. it seems to be its okay for muslim terrorists (note, the word terrorist) to kill people but they just can't take it when someone fights back.

Pakistan came out and condemned the attacks, that is good but how many muslims have come out and condemned these attacks?

Here you go mojo, a real muslim telling it the way it is from his warped sense of reality. Kill Kill Kill

I do not believe in terrorism m8, any muslim involved in terrorism is not a muslim in my view. I was just justifying the comments you made about Pakistani killing Indians in former east pakistan. You seem to blame everything on muslims when Indian are not the only innocent party in all of this but the root course.

I do not believe in terrorism m8, any muslim involved in terrorism is not a muslim in my view. I was just justifying the comments you made about Pakistani killing Indians in former east pakistan. You seem to blame everything on muslims when Indian are not the only innocent party in all of this but the root course.

I'm afraid that Munkey has a bit of a blind spot on this subject. The Partition massacres seem to have escaped his attention.

If i remember rightly some of the biggest (or longest running) terrorist attacks against mainland Britain came for years from a Catholic led group.

As an army brat it was normal to be evacuated from school/home, or for your dad to check his car for any "packages" that might have been fitted overnight.

Religion can capture peoples minds beliefs and this is a powerful thing. With this captive audience it would be possible to bend the minds of a few in such a way as to modify the way they think.

i am not a religious man but i know many people of varied religions who are peaceful people. Its a shame that religion is used as an excuse for what is usually an unthinkable act.

My heart goes out to the people affected by yet another example of how cruel a minority can be.

Lets get this straight, terrorists have no religion, a religion is a symbol of civiizatio and no civolized human being wil wish to kill other innocent people.

Terrorism is sheer madness of some people and not religious. they USE religion as an excuse so that they get followers, funds.

There is no Muslim, hindu, sikh, christian terror, all of them are the same and all of it is wrong its when they do wrong their religion is blamed.

May those who dies rest in peace, my condolences to those who lost their beloved.

This is a sad day for humanity.

Last edited:
Lets get this straight, terrorists have no religion, a religion is a symbol of civiizatio and no civolized human being wil wish to kill other innocent people.

Terrorism is sheer madness of some people and not religious. they USE religion as an excuse so that they get followers, funds.

There is no Muslim, hindu, sikh, christian terror, all of them are the same and all of it is wrong its when they do wrong their religion is blamed.

May those who dies rest in peace, my condolences to those who lost their beloved.

This is a sad day for humanity.

You have a way with words ...a point well made my friend.

munkey only focuses on the muslims/islam no mentioning of the thousands that were massacared by the hindu fundamentalist, nationalists, extremist and terrorist during gujrat riots.

plus no mention about the many brutal slaying of christians in india by hindu terrorists which is going on nowadays and which not mentined greatly on the western media.

i see them the same light as the muslim terrorists whatever.

they are all scum

hiindu extremist/fundamentalist way of treating the minority muslim community of india

http://www.strategypage.com/militaryforums/594-115.aspx

Last edited:
Re: Kidnapping and Taking Hostages

I'm going to disagree and can illustarte this with real examples from our history. The Baath Party in Syria and Iraq was modelled on Mussolini's Fascist Party. Sir Mohammed Iqbal had written a eulogy for Mussolini. The Yugoslavian Muslims collaborated with the fascist regime in Croatia, and their grand-mufti exhorted them to serve in the Fascist Ustasha militia. Muslim nations (Tatars, Kalmuks, Balkars, Chechens, Ingoosh) in the Soviet Union fought alongside the Nazi invaders in the second world war......

I'm sorry but there is no point pointing to the Baath party as it obvious that despite the common religion being muslim, they are not an islamic party, you do remember that Tariq Aziz was christian don't you?

Sorry Munkey, I respect an awful lot of your views however knowing that you are a hindu indian (well at least I believe you are) and the fact that half of my family are hindus (the inlaws), I feel that I am in a qualified position to state that it is very difficult to find an Indian with an objective view of Islam. It's just that you will have been brought up and indoctrinated with a distaste (mildly put) of anybody of Pakistani or Bangladeshi descent. Hey the same will apply for them of you.

munkey only focuses on the muslims/islam no mentioning of the thousands that were massacared by the hindu fundamentalist, nationalists, extremist and terrorist during gujrat riots.

plus no mention about the many brutal slaying of christians in india by hindu terrorists which is going on nowadays and which not mentined greatly on the western media.

i see them the same light as the muslim terrorists whatever.

they are all scum

hiindu extremist/fundamentalist way of treating the minority muslim community of india

Hindu Terrorists oppress Muslims in India

Look at the first response

lol.... look at the URl reference... link AS in the reknowned Muslim Ummah working for the creation of a SHaria Society where the Islamists swear by an utopian society comprising of 72 virgins and the glorified pimp! Way to go dude!

lol. Sounds like total bollocks to me, maybe true a little but probably very exaggerated. And come on man, article is like 3 years old!!!

If it was written by a respectable paper/site then yes there would be an element of truth and I would believe, but this is written by muslims so very biased and like lots of other media, propaganda crap.

Last edited:
give it a rest for gods sake.

Terror attacks like this are not an excuse to grind the axe against people you dislike.

Im not slating, just interested in views. I agree that not all muslims believe in killing innocents. The fact that they get so much exposure when they do things only feeds them more.

Im not slating, just interested in views. I agree that not all muslims believe in killing innocents. The fact that they get so much exposure when they do things only feeds them more.

Exposure such as people posting links to websites pretty much named rape and dishonour and written by people with an agenda?

precisely, doesnt really help matters does it?

I love the way people come onto these threads, state that they are just "interested" and then post links to websites that you just wouldn't bump into unless you had an agenda and was seaking out likeminded people. Quote from reliable independant news sources (not the Mail), these websites can be set up by any knobhead with an agenda and in no way should be used to form any basis for an argument/discussion or should they even be used to do your "research".

Back