India hotel and railway attacks kill five and injure dozens

Re: CNN Live Transmission License "EXPIRED" - India Stops 'live' CNN Transmission

Can't find any official statement, but you can read it from here:

My views on the state of the universe ...: India Stops 'live' CNN Transmission. - Good Riddance.

If you watch the CNN channel, they did say that their reporter are currently using mobile phone video to report...

lol, where did you dig that up from.

Americans dont like losing. Shouldnt mention vietnam I guess. I love the bit where they have world championships in their country made up of North American teams only.

Re: CNN Live Transmission License "EXPIRED" - India Stops 'live' CNN Transmission

lol, where did you dig that up from.

Just happen to watch it on CNN! True... American media..sore loser...

the attackers were from a group called Deccan Mujahedeen. Deccan is a neighborhood of the Indian city of Hyderabad. The word also describes the middle and south of India, which is dominated by the Deccan Plateau. Mujahedeen is the commonly used Arabic word for holy fighters.

Watching sky news this morning. Eye witnesses was saying it was not just shooting but plain murder in terms of a man shot but lived, so the killers slit his throat.

holy fighters my ass!

Just watching the covergae ofthis incident on BBC, CNN,Al jazeerahand Star News, I cant believe some of the reporting. A reporter for Star News was descrbing what he thought were Indian elite troops men sitting on a bus as Indian heroes, who saved india from terrorism, they gave their lifes to save the ciountry. He asked one of them for his comments and asked them where they were heading on the bus. One of the indians replied, he was a shopkeeper travelling to pen his shop !!!!!!!!!!. You shpuld have seen the face of the reporter. This is typical Indian reporting of the action going in mumbai.

As for the BBC/Sky/CNN reporting, has anyone noticed how much coverage is given to thisi incident. I have only known similar tim ebeing given to 9/11 attacks. Incidents like this happens daily in teh world, but they only get a few minutes. So I ask myself, why is teh british chanels giving so much coverage to this. Is there a secret agenda here. Could it be that these chanels are brainwashing the westerners and Indians that only certain countries or religion would do this.

within hours of the attack, the western and Indian media y concluded that it was Muslim and Pakistanthat were responsible. No evidence has so far being produced, so why make such slanderous allaegations without evidence. It is even suggested they are British pakistanis involved, because they found his passport. this sound a bit like the pasport of one of the 9/11 that was found in the byrning debris of the twin towers. what a coincident

I have just heard that 10 terrorists were responsible. 9 have died and one captured. Isnt that typical, no doubt the Indians will now use him as a scapegoat for their own purposes.
If 10 terrorists carried out these attacks, then they must have been the best in the world, to have carried this fight out for over 3 days. Or that the Indian army are a bunch of imcompetent soldiers.

The question to ask is why did someone do this. My answers are :

1. There is a general election coming up in the next few months, and as happens in teh uSA, there is no better than to do a bit of sabre rattling against your enemy.In thecase of the USA aaginst Al qaedda, Israelis against Arabs and Indian against Paksitanis.Only recently a group of hindu extremists belonging to one of the main right wing Indian party had spies working damned hard to create an incident that would start something like this. The head of the Indian teerorism Unit who nabbed these people was one the first people to die in the Mumbai iincident.

2. If thes people were Muslims, how many of us know there are more Muslim Indians in india, than the largest Muslim country. These peopel have been discriminated against, opreesed in and occupied in kashmir.Could it be that these indiginios muslim indians are taking their frustration out on the majority Hindus.

3. Indians economy and India is going to be a superpower in the next few years. This is worrying western governments which are all in the dumps with reccesion.Could it be that the West wants this destroyed and the best way is set India and pakistan in a full war between these two nations. This will killone bird with two stones. Indias economy will be destroyed and pakistan wiped of the map(which a lot of the western world wants to see happens.

I hope for everybody sake that th ematte can be resolved amaicably, as a war here will have implications for everybody through out the world

Just watching the covergae ofthis incident on BBC, CNN,Al jazeerahand Star News, I cant believe some of the reporting. A reporter for Star News was descrbing what he thought were Indian elite troops men sitting on a bus as Indian heroes, who saved india from terrorism, they gave their lifes to save the ciountry. He asked one of them for his comments and asked them where they were heading on the bus. One of the indians replied, he was a shopkeeper travelling to pen his shop !!!!!!!!!!. You shpuld have seen the face of the reporter. This is typical Indian reporting of the action going in mumbai.

As for the BBC/Sky/CNN reporting, has anyone noticed how much coverage is given to thisi incident. I have only known similar tim ebeing given to 9/11 attacks. Incidents like this happens daily in teh world, but they only get a few minutes. So I ask myself, why is teh british chanels giving so much coverage to this. Is there a secret agenda here. Could it be that these chanels are brainwashing the westerners and Indians that only certain countries or religion would do this.

within hours of the attack, the western and Indian media y concluded that it was Muslim and Pakistanthat were responsible. No evidence has so far being produced, so why make such slanderous allaegations without evidence. It is even suggested they are British pakistanis involved, because they found his passport. this sound a bit like the pasport of one of the 9/11 that was found in the byrning debris of the twin towers. what a coincident

I have just heard that 10 terrorists were responsible. 9 have died and one captured. Isnt that typical, no doubt the Indians will now use him as a scapegoat for their own purposes.
If 10 terrorists carried out these attacks, then they must have been the best in the world, to have carried this fight out for over 3 days. Or that the Indian army are a bunch of imcompetent soldiers.

The question to ask is why did someone do this. My answers are :

1. There is a general election coming up in the next few months, and as happens in teh uSA, there is no better than to do a bit of sabre rattling against your enemy.In thecase of the USA aaginst Al qaedda, Israelis against Arabs and Indian against Paksitanis.Only recently a group of hindu extremists belonging to one of the main right wing Indian party had spies working damned hard to create an incident that would start something like this. The head of the Indian teerorism Unit who nabbed these people was one the first people to die in the Mumbai iincident.

2. If thes people were Muslims, how many of us know there are more Muslim Indians in india, than the largest Muslim country. These peopel have been discriminated against, opreesed in and occupied in kashmir.Could it be that these indiginios muslim indians are taking their frustration out on the majority Hindus.

3. Indians economy and India is going to be a superpower in the next few years. This is worrying western governments which are all in the dumps with reccesion.Could it be that the West wants this destroyed and the best way is set India and pakistan in a full war between these two nations. This will killone bird with two stones. Indias economy will be destroyed and pakistan wiped of the map(which a lot of the western world wants to see happens.

I hope for everybody sake that th ematte can be resolved amaicably, as a war here will have implications for everybody through out the world

some intresting points you make there.

i would just like to add that the high ranking officers that were killed were heading the investigation into the recent 'malegoan blasts' by hindu extrimist. in a way its sad to see them loose there lives but i wonder whats going to happen about the case that they were head of investigation?

I think I can speculate, number one - I strongly doubt any government would attempt such an act simply to win a general election. I dont know the manifestos of any of the parties involved in India, do any of them right now promote war against Pakistan? If the populace were to find out that the government was the reason behind attacks like this, then they would quickly find themselves in a world of hurt. Not just from Indians, but from the rest of the world also.

I think you will find that the BJP party ( right wing extremist Hindu Party) who ruled India not long ago, despises pakistan and Muslims in general whrther they are indian or Pakistanis. Do you remember the Gujarat massacre of over 2000 muslims were killed by Hindu animals belonging to the bJP about 6 yrs ago,when it was were ruling the country. The BJP wereelected as government when the Babri masjid destruction took place.
These extremists Hindus are no different from the msulim etremists.Each of them will xploit these attacks for their own reasons and powers,

If you think governments wouldnt use something like this for their own purpose, then you are so naieve. People in power would do anything to gain power. do you really think that the death of 200 people out of 1 billion will make any difference to them.

As for Kashmir,do you accept that both IndPak are occupying their respective parts illegally and in contravention of the UN laws?. Kashmir is the onlregion with a 100% Muslim population but are being treated like second class Indian citizens.

Sorry to hear that 200 innocent people have died, but dont innocent people always pay the price for those who start,plan and carry out atrocities anywhere in the world

Last edited:
No, I am not niave. But I dont understand what you are saying. People in power will do anything to gain power? Why would they if they already have the power.

What I mean is that the like of BJP who are fighting this election to gain power,want something like this to kick off to gain support for their warped ideas. They last won power on the back of communal violence after they themselves were found out to have caused the incident that led to the massacre of thousand of Muslims,and the rest of the world welcomed them with open arms.

Are you telling me the world leaders of certain countries have got elected on their honesty and hardwork. You make me laugh

I think you will find that the BJP party ( right wing extremist Hindu Party) who ruled India not long ago, despises pakistan and Muslims in general whrther they are indian or Pakistanis. Do you remember the Gujarat massacre of over 2000 muslims were killed by Hindu animals belonging to the bJP about 6 yrs ago,when it was were ruling the country. The BJP wereelected as government when the Babri masjid destruction took place.
These extremists Hindus are no different from the msulim etremists.Each of them will xploit these attacks for their own reasons and powers,

If you think governments wouldnt use something like this for their own purpose, then you are so naieve. People in power would do anything to gain power. do you really think that the death of 200 people out of 1 billion will make any difference to them.

As for Kashmir,do you accept that both IndPak are occupying their respective parts illegally and in contravention of the UN laws?. Kashmir is the onlregion with a 100% Muslim population but are being treated like second class Indian citizens.

Sorry to hear that 200 innocent people have died, but dont innocent people always pay the price for those who start,plan and carry out atrocities anywhere in the world

You need a dictionary mate (an encyclopaedia and a history lesson wouldn't go amiss either). Do you even know what indigenous means? Have you ever picked up a book outside of the freebies at Finsbury park?

:roflmao: keep it coming though, I haven't laughed this much in ages.

Look, you are kidding yourself if you think the ruling party in India has planned and executed this action. You understand that it wasnt just Indians who died?

Your logic is self defeating. If, as you say muslims are persecuted in India and that they are in the majority then why would the government need to work hard to carry out crimes like this? The Hindu population there is 80% of the population of India - so if they all dislike muslims and will always vote against them whats the point? There simply isnt enough muslims to make a difference in the vote.

As I have stated over and over again, this is just giving a soapbox to some people to shout the same rhetoric over and over again...

Send that fella one of your tin foil hats mate, make it a double extra large

Do you remember the Gujarat massacre of over 2000 muslims were killed by Hindu animals belonging to the bJP

Hindu animals, who the f**k do you think you are!!!. You saying its okay then for muslims in other countries to persecute the non believers? Of course then they are not animals are they. Sounds like you are very biased and coming up with conspiracy theories as in your previous post. And try to remember what caused the riots? Hmm, let me think, was it the Godhra tain burning perhaps? I wonder who started that? Maybe a fellow hindu animal as you like to call them. You obviously show a lot of disrespect.

I reckon you have been reading too much propaganda crap and believing it.
If the BJP did this then I cant see how it is going to help their cause. Current prime minister is doing well. Whats his party? Yes its the Congress party. Was it not under their rule that the massacre of sikhs happened in India in retalliation to the assassination of Ghandi? Congress party didnt do much to stop that now did they.

Last edited:
Hindu animals, who the f**k do you think you are!!!. You saying its okay then for muslims in other countries to persecute the non believers? Of course then they are not animals are they. Sounds like you are very biased and coming up with conspiracy theories as in your previous post. And try to remember what caused the riots? Hmm, let me think, was it the Godhra tain burning perhaps? I wonder who started that? Maybe a fellow hindu animal as you like to call them. You obviously show a lot of disrespect.

I reckon you have been reading too much propaganda crap and believing it.
If the BJP did this then I cant see how it is going to help their cause. Current prime minister is doing well. Whats his party? Yes its the Congress party. Was it not under their rule that the massacre of sikhs happened in India in retalliation to the assassination of Ghandi? Congress party didnt do much to stop that now did they.

They're just the Finsbury park massive, all shout and no substance. They have no idea about history, just what captain hook told them to believe over an internet sermon.

Did any of them refute my earlier posts about the Islam being supportive of Nazism? Ne chance, it's much each to shout louder and hope that no one hears what the others are saying.

They're just the Finsbury park massive, all shout and no substance. They have no idea about history, just what captain hook told them to believe over an internet sermon.

lol :thumbsup:

Did any of them refute my earlier posts about the Islam being supportive of Nazism? Ne chance, it's much each to shout louder and hope that no one hears what the others are saying.

Very true. I didnt get a response about my link from the one who posted the link of muslims being persecuted.

By the way, going from memory, I think it was chest hair, if so then how quick does the hair on your chest grow, forever picking it out, doing summat with the fingers then summon up a pink cloud.

Typical isnt of you.You obviously are a Hindu, because my comments offend you. Read the stories of what these Hindu anilmals...... yes hindu animals in butchering, raping,burning women and children in Gujrat. Any people who persecute and kills innocent people whether they are Muslims, Hindus or christians deserve to be called animals.

the reason why I called those Hindus animals is because they butchered and burnt to death my best friend who went to India on his holiday.I only wish I was there, becauseI would have wiped those who carried this attack of th eface of the earth. If these comments offend you then thats your problem,

Maybe you can tell me who caused the riots, if they werent Hindus

Typical isnt of you.You obviously are a Hindu, because my comments offend you. Read the stories of what these Hindu anilmals...... yes hindu animals in butchering, raping,burning women and children in Gujrat. Any people who persecute and kills innocent people whether they are Muslims, Hindus or christians deserve to be called animals.

the reason why I called those Hindus animals is because they butchered and burnt to death my best friend who went to India on his holiday.I only wish I was there, becauseI would have wiped those who carried this attack of th eface of the earth. If these comments offend you then thats your problem,

LOL A bonafide Taliban rant :Laugh:

Typical radical behaviour, shout and swear and hopefully you will get away without supporting any of your previous BS, no wonder you're heading towards the thirld world whilst India marches on to become a world leader.

I'm not a Hindu sexytaliban?? Maybe all infidels are Hindu's :Laugh:

It's because of uneducated brainwashed rants like your that religion never get's discussed properly on these forums. Back to your rucksack packing fella.

By the way did you know that if you are of Pakistani origion the chances are your ancestors were Hindu's? Check this fact out, a bit of reading will do nicely :) They were either the slaves who converted to Islam in the hope of a better life or converted as they had no warrior spirit inside of them and would rather convert than fight/die. Be careful when you bash Hindu's as you're really one inside :)

Last edited:
Zardari urges united stand

By Farhan Bokhari in London, James Lamont in New Delhi and Joe Leahy in Mumbai

Published: November 30 2008 19:41 | Last updated: November 30 2008 19:41

Asif Ali Zardari, Pakistan’s president, made an urgent appeal to India on Sunday not to punish his country for the terror unleashed on Mumbai last week, warning that militants had the power to precipitate a war in the region.

As the government in New Delhi faced mounting domestic recriminations after the three-day terrorist rampage in Mumbai, Mr Zardari urged Manmohan Singh, India’s prime minister, to resist striking out at his government should investigations show that Pakistani militant groups were responsible for the attacks.

Speaking exclusively to the Financial Times, Pakistan’s president warned that provocation by rogue “non-state actors” posed the danger of a return to war between the nuclear-armed neighbours.

“Even if the militants are linked to Lashkar-i-tayyaba, [a prominent militant group linked to previous attacks against India] who do you think we are fighting?” asked Mr Zardari, whose country is battling al-Qaeda and Taliban militants on its shared border with Afghanistan.

“We live in troubled times where non-state actors have taken us to war before, whether it is the case of those who perpetrated [the] 9/11 [attacks on the US] or contributed to the escalation of the situation in Iraq,” said Mr Zardari.

“Now, events in Mumbai tell us that there are ongoing efforts to carry out copycat attacks by militants. We must all stand together to fight out this menace.”

The Indian government was on Sunday under intense pressure to respond aggressively to the attacks, which claimed at least 192 lives in a rampage by a team of well-organised terrorists. India’s security was being taken to “war level”, Sriprakash Jaiswal, the minister of state for home affairs told Reuters.

Shivraj Patil, home minister, resigned for failing to stem the violence that has swept India this year as criticism intensified during the weekend over the response of the security forces to the attack on India’s financial capital. Mumbai had been struck twice before – the last occasion two years ago – but opposition politicians and businesspeople said lessons had not been learned.

“The Congress government has no moral authority to survive,” said Arun Jaitley, a leader of the opposition Hindu nationalist Bharatiya Janata party, blaming its weakness for collapsed intelligence gathering and a poor security response to the terror strike.

The Mumbai attacks ended on Saturday when commandos killed the last gunmen holed up at the city’s Taj Mahal hotel.

Some of the most stinging criticism of the response of the emergency services came from business. “The police were woefully inadequate in terms of equipment and in terms of being prepared,” said Ratan Tata, chairman of the Tata Group that owns the Taj Mahal hotel. He said fire engines took three hours to arrive.

One former guest of the Taj hotel said security was “non-existent” and that five or six points of public access made it highly vulnerable.

PRS Oberoi, chairman of the Oberoi Group, said the majority of people killed at the Trident-Oberoi, were shot in the first 30 minutes – the time it took the police to arrive.

Mr Singh’s office said Palaniappan Chidambaram, finance minister, would replace Shivraj Patil as home minister.

Additional reporting by James Fontanella-Khan in Mumbai

FT

LOL A bonafide Taliban rant

Typical radical behaviour, shout and swear and hopefully you will get away without supporting any of your previous BS, no wonder you're heading towards the thirld world whilst India marches on to become a world leader.

I'm not a Hindu sexytaliban?? Maybe all infidels are Hindu's

It's because of uneducated brainwashed rants like your that religion never get's discussed properly on these forums. Back to your rucksack packing fella.

By the way did you know that if you are of Pakistani origion the chances are your ancestors were Hindu's? Check this fact out, a bit of reading will do nicely They were either the slaves who converted to Islam in the hope of a better life or converted as they had no warrior spirit inside of them and would rather convert than fight/die. Be careful when you bash Hindu's as you're really one inside

Vey funny, pull th eother one its got bells on.Maybe if you had any brains between your balls, you will try and answer my question.If you want to discuss religion, please feel free to do so.

I am of Pakistani origion,but dont forget it was Us Muslims who made hindus people.My ancestors the Mughals taught them everything and made India what it is. So thanks us mate for india being a progressive country. had it been left to teh Hindus, it would dtill be in the dark ages

By the way did you know that if you are of Pakistani origion the chances are your ancestors were Hindu's?

True .......

And sam carm down m8

I am of Pakistani origion,but dont forget it was Us Muslims who made hindus people.My ancestors the Mughals taught them everything and made India what it is. So thanks us mate for india being a progressive country. had it been left to teh Hindus, it would dtill be in the dark ages

True yes the mughal empire did do alot more than my words say.

.......................................................................................................................................

Dont know where this is going but i smell some bans and no point arguing tbh this is a time of sadness.

Last edited:

Well Im sorry for your loss, but are you not as bad as others who label all muslims as terrorists? Your first comment basically said that. I am not antimuslim, otherwise I would not have a lots of close muslim friends. But yes your comment on anyone who kills unnecessarily is an animal regardless of race or religion is true and I agree with you. I do not condone this actiion even by hindu's. I posted a link about Bangladeshi's raping and persecuting hindu's in response to hindu's butchering but got no response.

Regarding muslims bringing lots to India, well thats nothing to be proud of. Rome introduced a lot of things to England but I dont hear italians talking about that. All nations will develop over time. Anyways they were pretty barbaric back then, was about forced conversions, destroying temples etc, acting in your definition of animal. Isnt it true that if you marry a muslim, you have to become one and your in deep problems if you try to leave the religion?

This is supposed to be a discussion about the problems going on, not sledging each other. Lets try to keep it that way. I understand you are venting your anger but try not to label others as the same. You may not of meant that but that is the impression you have given.

My only hope is India do not stop the discussions and forming friendships with Pakistan. It is badly needed for that region.

Last edited:
Did anyone catch HardTalk last night?

There were some really good points made by the editor of the Daily Jung.

India demands Pakistan hand over suspects

By James Lamont in New Delhi and Farhan Bokhari in London

Published: December 2 2008 10:05 | Last updated: December 2 2008 10:05

India on Tuesday appeared to take a military strike in response to the attacks on Mumbai off the table after it served Pakistan with a request to hand over 20 hardened militants.

”Nobody is talking of military action [against Pakistan],” Pranab Mukherjee, India’s foreign minister, told reporters yesterday in New Delhi.

The comment was made after US president-elect Barack Obama said last night that India had the right to defend itself from attack following last week’s strike on its financial capital. It also comes the day before Condoleezza Rice, the US secretary of state, arrives in New Delhi in a bid to try to calm rising tensions in the region.

Mr Mukherjee said his government was seeking 20 of India’s most wanted terrorists.

”We have asked for the arrest and handover of those persons who are settled in Pakistan and who are fugitive of Indian law,”

The request, made on Monday night, is the first sign of the intense pressure that India is expected to exert on Pakistan, following the Mumbai attacks, which Indian authorities blame on Pakistani militants. The suspects are possibly linked to Lashkar-e-Taiba.

But few consider the New Delhi’s demand realistic since the militants are on the run and possibly not even in Pakistan.

The list includes Dawood Ibrahim, who is held responsible for the 1993 bomb attack on Mumbai; Masood Azhar, believed to have been behind the 2001 attack on the Indian parliament buildings; and Hafiz Mohammed Saeed, the founder of Lashkar-e-Taiba.

An Indian government spokesman said Pakistan needed to react in a way that showed it genuinely wanted a qualitative shift for the better in relations with India in the wake of the terror attacks.

Shah Mahmood Qureshi, Pakistan’s foreign minister, offered Islamabad’s hand of co-operation in bringing those responsible to justice, and appealed to India not to engage in a blame game.

But Pakistani officials and analysts warned they saw little prospect for extraditing their nationals to India unless this was done as a bilateral process where Pakistan also receives some of the people it has asked Delhi to hand over.

”We also have our own list of people and the Indians know that. This can move forward as part of a bilateral process” said Hasan Askari Rizvi, a respected Pakistani scholar on security and political affairs.

”Unfortunately, India is going over ground that we have covered before. Right now, what we need is something entirely new rather than the path we have already treaded in south Asia which is that of just pointing fingers on the other side”.

In the past, Pakistan’s government has said it would consider extraditing Indian nationals suspected of criminal activity, but never Pakistanis.

Western diplomats in Islamabad said, it appeared unlikely that Pakistan will comply with India’s demands on the extraditions, though it was increasingly likely that the pressure from India might prompt a new crackdown in Pakistan.

”Handing over people in the way that the Indians are demanding, will lead to loss of face for Pakistan, it is something politically undigestable” said one.

”But given the pressure which is also coming from the Americans, there is a chance of a new crackdown in Pakistan, action taken against groups affiliated with Lashkar-e-Taiba” said one.

FT

Back