If you get a parking ticket dispute it

Thank you for your input gents but nara and ellie (or whichever pseudonym you are using today) really understand the topic at hand.

ellie once drove through London so is well versed in London's parking restriction laws and nara has bought himself a xbox 360 steering wheel, strapped it to his bed table and has been cruising around London using google street view; oh what a jolly good time he must be having. Honk your horn (green button) nara if you see any traffic wardens and remember that the rules are different here.

I bet every ticket that gets handed out in London boroughs is warranted and no one ever wins their appeal, those suckers at the Consumer Action Group are a bunch of militants who should bend over and take it nice and slow instead of advising guilty people on their rights.

According to nara and ellie you get the same levels of parking enforcement in London as you do in a small village somewhere in the suburbs, that doesn't sound retarded at all and is the type of intelligent debate I look forward to every time I log on to DW.

Anyway I better take a break now, those big bold colourful letters in ellie's reply remind me that I need to spend some time with my three year old.

Reactions: v14
i cant help laughing at the rant (and some news) threads for the last few months

we have some real professional trolls on DW these days

in the (dump) social club near me, theres 3 old guys, theyre there every day and night, and theyre always right, no matter what it is, even if youre not talking to them, they butt in and start

you could tell them theres a green skip out the back full of rubbish, they will than agrue like hell that ALL skips are yellow, you could go outside, drag the skip in, slam it upside down over the 3 of them and beat the sides with oars, and theyll then argue that its not an official skip as its not yellow

DW needs an 'old mans social club' room

lol

That's weird, as the only time I ever got a parking ticket was when I parked somewhere I shouldn't have.

Any time I've taken care to park legally I've never had a ticket and I doubt many other people have.

I have a shop & often used to warn people that the will get a ticket if the traffic warden catches them. I've given up now due to the level of abuse I got BUT I still feel sorry for the few who get caught out by accident.

According to nara and ellie you get the same levels of parking enforcement in London as you do in a small village somewhere in the suburbs

I don't know if it forms part of the curriculum nowadays Munkey, but when I studied English, we used to do something called "Comprehension".

This was basically the study of how to read something and demonstrate that you had paid attention and understood everything that was being said.

Your quote above is pure fiction. You have failed to understand what ellie 1998 and I have been saying, and instead have jumped to ill-founded conclusions.

Without comprehension, debate is futile.

You don't know where I live munkey so your just making assumptions on where I drive and don't drive.

I have to pay for a permit to park outside my fathers or get a ticket, thats life, I don't try to bypass it I just buy the permit.

I don't know if it forms part of the curriculum nowadays Munkey, but when I studied English, we used to do something called "Comprehension".

This was basically the study of how to read something and demonstrate that you had paid attention and understood everything that was being said.

Your quote above is pure fiction. You have failed to understand what ellie 1998 and I have been saying, and instead have jumped to ill-founded conclusions.

Without comprehension, debate is futile.

Comprehension? I think I know that word but I may need some help. If I use it in a few sentences will you confirm that I am using it in the correct context?

1) It is beyond comprehension that someone who lives in Scotland would have the faintest idea what it is like to park in the area's mentioned by the right honourable gentleman (Holborn, Camden, Islington, Westminster and Kentish town)

2) I can't believe his comprehension of parking enforcement in the said area's could be one of any use to anybody considering he just drives through London and doesn't stop to park.

I think some people are struggling to comprehend the idea that although the highway code may be the same, the level of enforcement and the restrictions applied vary depending on where you happen to be.
London being an example of somewhere with many restrictions that are highly enforced.

I'm sorry, but the last two posts illustrate my point beautifully. Neither Munkey or stevemac40 have grasped what we are saying.

THIS HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH LEVELS OF ENFORCEMENT. PLEASE ACTUALLY READ OUR POSTS.

Excuse the capitals please, but I seem to be having problems making myself understood. These posters are having the aforementioned comprehension problems, or are being deliberately difficult.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Why do you mention valid point ?, Nara said I had asked a valid question and you say valid point.

Rather than offend you further is English your 2nd language as it's pointless discussing with you if you are struggling with the language.

I will ask again in large print as it may not be your English but poor eyesight
Can you post a link to the highway code where it lists the different rules for London please.

If you can't post a link then i'm going to assume that you think the highway code is for other people and not yourself.

Unless of course you pay a driver because you cannot pass a test for yourself and have to pay someone else (less than minimum wage as usual ?) which is why you don't understand the rules of the road yourself if this is the case then please accept my apology as I wasn't aware of your ignorance of the correct rules to adhere to when driving (or in this case parking).

I did but you and Nara seemed to have missed it.

I saw you post and didn't find it relevant
We were discussing this
i got so many tickets i have been dubed ticket master by my mates if you ever get a parking ticket make sure to dispute it need any advice just ask i have only paid for 2 tickets the rest i have managed to get off here is an example of 1 that i have been let off on

this ticket i received in balham south london

On the 16th of July I was driving my car I had my baby on board with me when the baby was crying very loudly I am a parent I am obliged to stop my car in a safe place and check that the baby is ok and nothing serious is making him cry. It is not fair for me to be penalized for trying to fulfil my parental responsibility I am very sorry for this contravention .I made sure I parked in a safe place without causing any obstructions can you please excuse me on this occasion and cancel this PCN.

i have also received 1 in holbourn, camden, islington, westminister, Kentish town

The parking wardens are vultures waiting to ticket you make sure to dispute it should save you money.
I see no mention of red routes or that section 254 means you can park where you like.
Do you understand what the thread is about ???

My point is that there are no mentions in the highway code that you can ignore parking restrictions just because you live in London, your quoting section 254 just reinforces that you should pay extra care and not have a blatant disregard for other road users who are trying to obey the rules.

Some rules in life I chose to ignore but bad driving can kill and bad parking can cause accidents so I obey the highway code as it will help to minimise accidents if everyone obeys it.

I'm sorry, but the last two posts illustrate my point beautifully. Neither Munkey or stevemac40 have grasped what we are saying.

THIS HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH LEVELS OF ENFORCEMENT. PLEASE ACTUALLY READ OUR POSTS.

Excuse the capitals please, but I seem to be having problems making myself understood. These posters are having the aforementioned comprehension problems, or are being deliberately difficult.

I'm doing me best me lord and you know that I quite enjoy being shouted at by you (naughty boy syndrome or something like that)

You spent a whole paragraph discussing comprehension yet when I replied with two examples of comprehension you completely ignore them. Why bring up comprehension if you are going to completely ignore the points that you raise?

2.5HP Comprehenssor and Accessories £82. 00 each @ ALDI

Product_detail_Wk0909S.jpg

If you mean this

Comprehension? I think I know that word but I may need some help. If I use it in a few sentences will you confirm that I am using it in the correct context?

1) It is beyond comprehension that someone who lives in Scotland would have the faintest idea what it is like to park in the area's mentioned by the right honourable gentleman (Holborn, Camden, Islington, Westminster and Kentish town)

I don't live in Scotland so it is not relevant to me.

2) I can't believe his comprehension of parking enforcement in the said area's could be one of any use to anybody considering he just drives through London and doesn't stop to park.

Also not relevant if I was just driving through then I would use the m25 or use the a406 when I drive in London I intend to park, I don't drive a bus or coach only a car or when it was required the works van at a previous job.

I am at a loss as to how I can comment on 2 statements that have no relevance to myself or the discussion at hand ???

If you mean this

I don't live in Scotland so it is not relevant to me.

Also not relevant if I was just driving through then I would use the m25 or use the a406 when I drive in London I intend to park, I don't drive a bus or coach only a car or when it was required the works van at a previous job.

I am at a loss as to how I can comment on 2 statements that have no relevance to myself or the discussion at hand ???

jeez ellie I quoted nara in that big blue box. It's going to be a long night.

You spent a whole paragraph discussing comprehension yet when I replied with two examples of comprehension you completely ignore them. Why bring up comprehension if you are going to completely ignore the points that you raise?

I think I'm running out of steam on this one. However, since you ask........in for a penny.

1) I don't get the Scotland bit. Nether ellie1998 nor I live in Scotland, but even if we did, I still don't understand(comprehend) what relevance it has to the price of fish. It does show though that you're still having trouble comprehending.

2) I covered this bit in capitals in my previous post. If you still can't understand then I don't think there's any point in going any further.

@v14............Good price!...........bad spelling!

ellie & nara

Do you have currently have any practical experience in parking in the boroughs mentioned or in central London in general?

Do you park in those London boroughs frequently and if so in what particular areas, maybe I'd be familiar with the level of parking enforcement and ambiguity in parking restrictions signs?

How often do you park there?

How long do you park for?

ellie & nara

Do you have currently have any practical experience in parking in the boroughs mentioned or in central London in general?

Do you park in those London boroughs frequently and if so in what particular areas, maybe I'd be familiar with the level of parking enforcement and ambiguity in parking restrictions signs?

How often do you park there?

How long do you park for?

Lol, you just don't get it do you?

Back