Metropolitan Police fixed penalty notice

blueangel02

Inactive User
Reaction score
I was stopped and told to follow a police Trojan off the road to a service area meeting the M25 with the A12, where the police where in their masses, I was told they wanted to check the amount of light coming through the tints on the passengers and drivers side windows... I said if its a problem I will proceed to take it off NOW. The check was done I was told I would get a reading of the instrument that depicts the levels( which I never did), not sure EXACTLY but was told it was something like (point 3) OVER the prescribed amount, and I would be issued with a ticket, I again expressed I was happy to tear the tints off, there was no having it they went straight for the kill, I told them I was actually on my way to have car serviced and a repair done on the link arms, AND that they could see from all their checks that my car WAS FULLY legal AND roadworthy but for the point 3 causing them to ticket me... I was also told if the level reading was higher then I could of received endorsement points also, I refused to sign any paperwork or ticket which was given to me, and felt targeted to increase funds, The experience was rather brutal as police stop and checks go eg ignorance..arrogance and even threatened with being arrested because I commented that this was ' f 'ing' ridiculous, I now have a £50 fine and am a little motoring voice alone ...I am also a full gold member of the AA ? any advice would be appreciated, I have had tints on my vehicle for four years, I was stopped couple of years ago and the tint was questioned but no checks were done as no instrument was used and I was NOT told then to take them off? made me believe they WAS ok (considering they are only JUST over prescribed limit from instrument reading, which I didn't get a copy of but was told I would)

If you were over the prescribed tint limit, no matter by how much, I doubt you have a leg to stand on.

You view your side mirrors through the driver and passenger windows, so the limits are there for a reason.

You also look out of these windows at junctions etc. Think Bike !!!!!!!!

if you think they were over forceful you could go though the police complaints
but you will probably get nowhere unless you go to independent police complaints
normally they give you the option to remove but they don't have to

Back