If you get a parking ticket dispute it

Some of the hillbillies on this forum have never tried to park in London so wouldn't have the faintest. It's way different from the rest of the country.

lol, what's the parking like in Mumbai?

What pisses me off around here is the parking wardens on mopeds !!! they vultures park ILLEGALLY to give tickets... usually leaving their bike on double yellow lines about 8 inchs from the curb in the road !

I cant help but shout at them, and usually take a photo. Im sure if they can they have to park legally do they not ?

Also, this will crack you up... anyone thats local thats been over dagenham heathway in the last month will notice the double white line up the middle of the road.... outside the community police station, was the area car (bmw marked vehicle) parked on the WRONG side of the road in the turn right lane, in the middle on the wrong side of the white lines !!! with NO lights on... just parked ! lol

Do you pay him minimum wage too? ;)

(and don't be so fucking lazy, drive your own car)

:)

£25/day gets you a Tata Sumo plus the driver excluding fuel. For that he'll drive your anywhere in the country and sleeps in the car for any long excursions.

He always gives you a salute before opening the door and calls you sir. He makes me feel important witchy it's worth it just for that.

Does that include hand relief?

Some of the hillbillies on this forum have never tried to park in London so wouldn't have the faintest. It's way different from the rest of the country.

I have driven in London loads of times and the rules are the same as anywhere else in England.

Can you post a link to the highway code where it lists the different rules for London please.

lol there are parts of the country where there are no line at all you can park where ever you want without the worry of a sneaky parking attendant waiting aroung the corner to wack a ticket on your car

lol there are parts of the country where there are no line at all you can park where ever you want without the worry of a sneaky parking attendant waiting aroung the corner to wack a ticket on your car

True.................but irrelevant.

I have driven in London loads of times and the rules are the same as anywhere else in England.

Can you post a link to the highway code where it lists the different rules for London please.

Rubbish

What part of London do you live or work in? Do you have a private parking space there? Have you ever tried to park in Balham South London as per the original rant?

Rubbish

What part of London do you live or work in? Do you have a private parking space there? Have you ever tried to park in Balham South London as per the original rant?

What's rubbish about it? He made an accurate statement and asked a valid question.

Your reply misses his point by a country mile.

What's rubbish about it? He made an accurate statement and asked a valid question.

Your reply misses his point by a country mile.

It's a valid point if you're an idiot. I can't be asked to answer stupid questions, google it.

Sometimes you act like a child with you nonsensical bickering when the obvious is staring you in the face.

Of course there is a special highway code for London, hold your breath and I'll grab a copy.

It's a valid point if you're an idiot. I can't be asked to answer stupid questions, google it.

Sometimes you act like a child with you nonsensical bickering when the obvious is staring you in the face.

Of course there is a special highway code for London, hold your breath and I'll grab a copy.

Are you having some sort of crisis?

I didnt expect this rant to get personal chillout:BLOBBY:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Why do you mention valid point ?, Nara said I had asked a valid question and you say valid point.

Rather than offend you further is English your 2nd language as it's pointless discussing with you if you are struggling with the language.

I will ask again in large print as it may not be your English but poor eyesight

If you can't post a link then i'm going to assume that you think the highway code is for other people and not yourself.

Unless of course you pay a driver because you cannot pass a test for yourself and have to pay someone else (less than minimum wage as usual ?) which is why you don't understand the rules of the road yourself if this is the case then please accept my apology as I wasn't aware of your ignorance of the correct rules to adhere to when driving (or in this case parking).

Not sure why you guys are attacking Munkey here.

His claim that parking in London is different to the rest of the country is completely accurate, if you've driven around London (not the suburbs) you would know that, if you haven't driven around London then what are you ranting about.
Try parking anywhere around Zone1-2 that isn't residential parking/extortionate meters.

Nothing to do with the Highway Code, it's to do with the availability of convenient places to park.

Nara it was an accurate statement, however I disagree that it was valid question. Firstly the question was rhetorical and was only meant as a put down to Munkey's statement and secondly the highway code has nothing to do with the statement Munkey was making.

Nara it was an accurate statement, however I disagree that it was valid question. Firstly the question was rhetorical and was only meant as a put down to Munkey's statement and secondly the highway code has nothing to do with the statement Munkey was making.

Yes, the question was rhetorical, but no, the Highway Code has everything to do with Munkey's statement.

The rules are the same in London as everwhere else. Obviously parking is a nightmare. Life's a bitch, but that doesn't change anything. You observe the parking rules or you pay the fines.

Not sure why you guys are attacking Munkey here.

I wouldn't say we were attacking Munkey, but the following exchange illustrates the problem....

I have driven in London loads of times and the rules are the same as anywhere else in England. Can you post a link to the highway code where it lists the different rules for London please.

Rubbish

"Rubbish"? Where?

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Why do you mention valid point ?, Nara said I had asked a valid question and you say valid point.

Rather than offend you further is English your 2nd language as it's pointless discussing with you if you are struggling with the language.

I will ask again in large print as it may not be your English but poor eyesight

If you can't post a link then i'm going to assume that you think the highway code is for other people and not yourself.

Unless of course you pay a driver because you cannot pass a test for yourself and have to pay someone else (less than minimum wage as usual ?) which is why you don't understand the rules of the road yourself if this is the case then please accept my apology as I wasn't aware of your ignorance of the correct rules to adhere to when driving (or in this case parking).

You MUST NOT park partially or wholly on the pavement in London, and should not do so elsewhere unless signs permit it. Parking on the pavement can obstruct and seriously inconvenience pedestrians, people in wheelchairs or with visual impairments and people with prams or pushchairs.
Law GL(GP)A sect 15
I also think Red Route only applies to London
Parking and loading bays | Transport for London

Last edited:
Back