Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mobile Phones htc phones

The jump from iphone to desire is painless

No start menu, everything uses a familiar feeling touch system (full customisable too).

Plenty of apps, battery is slightly better (but only because you have more control of running tasks)

The browser is better (flash support etc)
The Camera is better 5mp, auto focus, facial rec etc with flash
Yes it does a similar fadeout music thing with auto resume.
You can add memory (microSD)
You can have multiple batteries
The GPS seems to be quicker to find sats
Faster CPU
You can change the keyboard input system
The scroll pad thingy (kinda like a touch pad is excellent and the buttons are just right)
True multitasking (without having to wait for 4.0 software lol)
Animated Wallpaper
Friend Stream (combines twitter, flickr, facebook etc etc into one stream for easy viewing)
Google goggles works on it well (searching the net via taking a photo)
Google Street View is very impressive and renders quick through 3g signal
Wifi can be turned on/off by one click on the homescreen (iphone pissed me off with that)
Youtube plays HD well and there's other great video apps out there.

ONE DOWNSIDE - The native facebook app has no chat/inbox (quick visit to the market app for some dif software fixes that)

I REALLY REALLY liked my iphone... but the desire pulls down the iphones trousers and slips it in hard!!!

Best Smartphone I have ever used!

Christ Buddy,
Thanks for this, way more that i expected, and its much appreciated.

Forgot to ask,
whats your take on the Headset/headphones that comes with he Desire.
The ones that came with the HTC HD2 were like saucers, and didnt feel great in the ear.

Whats the sound quality LIke ?

cheers

Last edited:
The headphones aren't as bad as the HD2 but they are by no means as nice as the sony ones...

it uses a small form jackplug and the sound quality I consider to be excellent (But I'm definately no expert on sound)

Every day I'm finding more and more great things about this phone, I still think this is the best smartphone on the market.

ANDROID for the win!

sorry Apple but I think your time has come...

The headphones aren't as bad as the HD2 but they are by no means as nice as the sony ones...

it uses a small form jackplug and the sound quality I consider to be excellent (But I'm definately no expert on sound)

Every day I'm finding more and more great things about this phone, I still think this is the best smartphone on the market.

ANDROID for the win!

sorry Apple but I think your time has come...

Cheers mate,

I think you have just picked my next phone for me there.

Tom

out of the desire, tattoo and legend, which one is newer and the best? or are they all unique to them selfs?

well as for the legend, its an upgrade to the hero so its sort of a midrange phone, slower CPU etc but cheaper whereas the desire is a highend phone, not so sure about the tattoo though, I think that's aimed at the payasyougo cheapish smartphone market if there is such a thing lol though I could be (and most proberly am) wrong.

so long story short, the desire is the one to go for.

(says the guy posting from a hd2. lol)

Last edited:
well as for the legend, its an upgrade to the hero so its sort of a midrange phone, slower CPU etc but cheaper whereas the desire is a highend phone, not so sure about the tattoo though, I think that's aimed at the payasyougo cheapish smartphone market if there is such a thing lol though I could be (and most proberly am) wrong.

so long story short, the desire is the one to go for.

(says the guy posting from a hd2. lol)

cheers mate, i was talking to vodafone online and they said the desire is the best one out of them three. so i have to wait 4 more days to negotiate a deal with them unless i wanna pay the online monthly price. im happy with the price but you no what women are like. lol. £30 a month and a free phone isnt good, she wants it to be £20 a month. lol.

out of the desire, tattoo and legend, which one is newer and the best? or are they all unique to them selfs?

Hi mate

I use this site myself, and its good for comparisons between manufacturers

GSMArena.com - GSM phone reviews, news, opinions, votes, manuals and more...

Use the left hand column for each individual manufacturers current models, and you can also compare models side by side for a closer look.

Also HTC website is quite good aswell

http://www.htc.com/uk/product.aspx

And here is a good review from Flra Graham over at Cnet

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/0,39030108,49305369-1,00.htm

cheers

Last edited:
Looks like my Desire has been shipped so it should be here tomorrow. Seems as though T-Mobile's stock problems are slowly being sorted.... took a week for T-Mobile to even acknowledge my order.

Really looking forward to getting the phone. I've been using a Nokia brick which is paid for by my work but is state-of-the-ark like the one Del Boy sold in Only Fools and Horses that would change the TV channels down the Nag's Head whenever he dialled a number on it :)

I reckon using the Desire should be like me going from a Metro to a Maserati :)

Been looking into this today. iPhone is tempting but everywhere you go people are all over the htc's now.

Like someone else said, if I did go for one, I'd probably get the £15/month deal with 3 Mobile with the phone which I could get the best price for on ebay (htc Hero by the looks), flog it, and buy an unlocked Desire out right...

Just an update, the more I use my desire the more I love it.......

So feature rich... so easy to use..... so easy to 'test' paid for software

So nice to have a variety of text inputs (qwerty, phone pad style etc)

So nice to be butt fucked by apples overpriced tarrifs with no free teathering and no ability to use the phone as a wifi router at all....

Dear Iphone

I thought we'd be together forever, but it would seem HTC has the Desire I neeeded so bad, so you and Steve Jobs can both go **** an Ipad :) :)

i dont think thats possible as the ipad only has one thick connector for something to slot in it ;-)

i must say i am the same with mines just now, i find myself reading the news more than i used to as it just updates on the screen for me..its probs daft but the most addictive part is killing aps when i am done, just to keep that battery lasting a while

Back