Mobile Phones htc phones

mike361

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi folks i`m interested in getting a htc mobile phone but i really don`t know what to go for my contract is up for upgrade now with 02 but the only 1 they stock is the hd2,but i really dont know what to go for??

Go for a SIM only deal and buy the phone SIM free. It'll be cheaper in the long run and won't come with operator molested firmware or branding on the case.

Carphone warehouse, Play and Amazon all stock HTC phones if you don't want to go through ebay.

I actually got my HTC Hero from Amazon.de as I couldn't get it in grey from anywhere in the UK and didn't fancy the white, pink or brown finish.

so is the hero i good phone then i am interested in them cause of all the apps you can get for them,similar to the iphone

I'd recommend it, but in the same breath it's not for everyone. For what it's worth, Hero users are still waiting for the Android 2.0 update promised at the end of October.

The HTC Desire has just been released on most networks...I was considering selling my 3GS and getting the Desire....

The HTC Desire has just been released on most networks...I was considering selling my 3GS and getting the Desire....

Thats what am doing, infact ive just bought a desire of ebay, (hope i get it)

with HTC the way forward right now is go Desire, amazing bit of kit

I'd recommend it, but in the same breath it's not for everyone. For what it's worth, Hero users are still waiting for the Android 2.0 update promised at the end of October.

t the Hero myself and its a great phone, but its android your buying into not just HTC the new Desire is nice and the Legend looks good as well.

Also the new updated rom for the Hero will be around the 26th of this month and it will be the 2.1.
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

There is a lot of info on the net about it, some saying it will never happen but they have used it in the flashing of the roms?
even thow i like mine the way it is...lol

MB

I got a HTC Desire yesterday

Now I've played with the HTC HD 2, owned the SPVm700, Iphone, Iphone 3g, HTC Touch HD and many other smartphones....

BUT THIS IS SOMETHING ELSE....

The phone is excellent, it does what I want, when I want it and fast.....
even after seeing apples 4.0 firmware this still puts apple to shame....

HTC DESIRE = Best smartphone out there right now :)

yip i agree with above i got mines on friday and this is the best phone i have ever owned and i HATE touchscreens, its sooo fast and should be able to do everything you want and i have seen hundreds of free apps for it

I would look at the desire definatly.

if not i have a mint condition hd2 which im thinking of selling once i get the money through from selling my n900 lol. ;)

I'm waiting on T-Mobile getting the Desire back in stock. Ordered one last week but still no sign of it showing up yet.

Got an HTC Touch Pro 2, wife and kids have all got iPhones and you know what I wouldnt swap my HTC with any of them.

It is an awesome phone and I am forever trying new ROM's and upgrades on it.

Can't see me NOT having an HTC tbh.

:)

O2 are getting the HTC Desire in at the end of the month , so you could wait till
then or do what I did and jump ship , I got the HTC Desire from T Mobile and
its a cracking piece of kit

m8 just got the legend and really impressed with it, he did ask if there is anyway of watching tv on it ie tvcatchup or similar

Hi, Guys
i am thinking about getting the desire myself. I am currently using the iphone 3g, and really like it, although, it pisses me of that apple seem to drip feed you proper updates & newer tech, and that's why i have it jailbroken.

I jumped ship earlier in the month, and bought a HTC HD2 sim free, which looked great and had proper hardware, but i couldn't get used to going back to the old windows user interface, and it was definitely a step back for me personally, and it was sold after 2days.

Can anybody comment, who have jumped from the Iphone 3g (s) to the Desire, in respect of, what have you lost/missed & what have you gained in the desire model.

Whats the Desires battery life really like.

One thing i like about the iphone, was when you were listening to music, and a call came in, and the music faded down, and you answered the call.

Does the desire offer anything the same ?.

Am waying up my options here, but will probably wait until I see what new hardware apple offer, on the New Iphone, although i would appreciate your thoughts.

cheers

Tom

Last edited:
The jump from iphone to desire is painless

No start menu, everything uses a familiar feeling touch system (full customisable too).

Plenty of apps, battery is slightly better (but only because you have more control of running tasks)

The browser is better (flash support etc)
The Camera is better 5mp, auto focus, facial rec etc with flash
Yes it does a similar fadeout music thing with auto resume.
You can add memory (microSD)
You can have multiple batteries
The GPS seems to be quicker to find sats
Faster CPU
You can change the keyboard input system
The scroll pad thingy (kinda like a touch pad is excellent and the buttons are just right)
True multitasking (without having to wait for 4.0 software lol)
Animated Wallpaper
Friend Stream (combines twitter, flickr, facebook etc etc into one stream for easy viewing)
Google goggles works on it well (searching the net via taking a photo)
Google Street View is very impressive and renders quick through 3g signal
Wifi can be turned on/off by one click on the homescreen (iphone pissed me off with that)
Youtube plays HD well and there's other great video apps out there.

ONE DOWNSIDE - The native facebook app has no chat/inbox (quick visit to the market app for some dif software fixes that)

I REALLY REALLY liked my iphone... but the desire pulls down the iphones trousers and slips it in hard!!!

Best Smartphone I have ever used!

how uch u looking at for the hd2?

hmm, i'd say about 320 - 330.

its in mint condition, only a few months old (so still in warranty with htc) comes with all accessories, spare battery, 2gb memory card, flip leather htc case and car holder.

if anyone is genuinely interested i can make a thread with pics etc :)

Back