How to flash dm500 clone dreamup doesnt connect

Khalil773

Inactive User
Reaction score
Well the title says it but the problem is that dreamup isnt connectiogn it says connect and then i connect and dreamup says conecti0n prepared but when i turn the dreambox on nothing happens also i cannot use ftp or telnet as i dont know the password

Try another version of dreamup matey.Also is your cable definately a null modem cable and not an rs232 as they look identical? hope this helps.

Regards

try
user root
passward dreambox

but you can find and download dcc from the net then get back to us

well my null modem cable is defenitly a null modem cable and I have downloaded dcc and tried entering the default username and pass and it still doesnt work and just wondering which version of dremup dou you seuggest i download and would you kindly post a link for it
thanks

This tends to happen if the tuner is no good, no matter how much time you try it dreamup aint gonna see it, your only option is to change the board,i have come across this problem many times before.

could anyone tell how to change the board from a satellite board to a digital board

could anyone tell how to change the board from a satellite board to a digital board

whats a digital board ? it's not really cost effective to change the motherboard just get a new clone. It is possible to change the tuner but again a lot of soldering involved and probably not worth the hassle and cost involved unless you have got spare tuner lying around or can get one really cheap...

Verify you have a known working null modem cable first, and verify the power supply for the reciever is good. Also try DreamUP 1.3.3.4 . Newer versions than this dont work well with clone 500 recievers.

Just to add a simple thing.

With box turned on, null modem cable connected and dream up open press connect and switch box off and back on, if nothing happens disconnect dream up using the button. Now select the drop down box and choose the next com port and repeat. Hopefully it is sitting at com port 1 and you pc recognises the null modem cable connected to com port 4.

Just though I better add this just incise it has been overlooked.

ive tried all the suggestions and it still doesnt work . it gets to the bit where it says turn the dreambox on and i turn the dreambox on and still nothing happens

If this is a clone recivever are you sure it wasnt flashed with a Gemini image contaning the time bomb, in which case your bootlaoder has been overwriiten and will need to be restored via JTAG,

If this is a clone recivever are you sure it wasnt flashed with a Gemini image contaning the time bomb, in which case your bootlaoder has been overwriiten and will need to be restored via JTAG,

I always use flash wizard pro to flash dm500 receivers

well it has a pli jade image on it and dont know hwether its a gemini
if you could tell me how find what version it is that would be really helpful

ok it's not a gemini image, if it's running PLI jade. Have you verified the serial cable your using is defintely a null modem cable ??
Otherwise as mentioned you could try flashing over the ethernet connection using flash wizard pro,

Back