Huawei P10 Plus Red Light Death?

Redgun71

DW Regular ++
Reaction score
My 3.5 year old Huawei P10 Plus was working without obvious signs of what was to come, I plugged the charging cable in as normal then the dreaded blinking red light started.
No power seems to be retained whilst "charging", screen is blank, touch screen, home and power button does nothing, except for when I connect the charging cable when the battery is supposedly "flat" (no flashing red light), a small flash icon in a circle appears on screen for about 2 seconds.
I have tried holding the power and up volume button whilst connected to the charging cable, but nothing happens apart from a short phone turn on/off vibration.
I have a old Samsung S6 but battery is no good and Barclays, Halifax and Hargreaves Lansdown app will not work on it, current using an iPhone 6S which has sound but won't ring (not on silent, not low volume and do not disturb is not on) I never found a fix even with an iOS update.
Is my Huawei phone worth fixing (anyone know the price to fix, I assume it's the logic board) and thought everything was backed up on the memory card but no :oops: or should I just buy a new phone?

Back