Help Updating Nand on RGH

papa2

DW Member +
Reaction score
I got an xbox360 with dual nand last december and havent updated it since as I'm not to sure how to do it,
Its Trinity on 15574 and I want to update it to play the latest,
Its dual nand so I've got 2 nanddumps and dont know what one I have to update,
in J-Runner is this what I do?

1-dash version 16537
2-rgh2
3-enter trinity for motherboard
4-load nand (whichever one it is)
5-enter cpu key

then just hit write nand ?
Just a tad apprehensive here

Write nadn is for physically writing the selected image (as specified in source) to the console using a writing device such as nandx-jr-programmer.

Not too sure how to do the retail image for your dual boot. But for the freeboot side, you have to create it first.

1. Load source Nand. Optionally load the second one that was dumped.
2. CPU key should be autoloaded, otherwise enter it.
3. Select type of exploit. eg RGH2
4. Confirm console type is correct
5. Select desired dashboard version
6. Confiirm dashlaunch is selected. This will save you from having to install it later.
7. Create XEBuild image. It will create a folder with cpu key etc and most importantly updflash it in the specified location.
8. Put updflash onto root of USB flash drive.
9. Place USB stick into console and start it up using Eject button. This will start Xell and flash your newly created image.

That worked nicely , only problem I had was I couldnt update from flash drive , it was looking for a xenon.elf file that
J-Runner never produced so I updated from cd drive

That worked nicely , only problem I had was I couldnt update from flash drive , it was looking for a xenon.elf file that
J-Runner never produced so I updated from cd drive
You must have had an old version of Xell. You shouldn't face that issue again as you are now on 0.993. Anyone else having the issue can copy xenon.elf from the Jrunner folder.

You should have done it like this
1, update retail nand from xbox live

2, plug usb cable into the demon switch , test it is shown in jrunner

3,read your retail nand in jrunner , make the hacked nand from that

4, write to the demon nand from jrunner

Everything should be done from the usb port on the demon switch.

Should take about 2 minutes all in.

Last edited:
You really need to make the hacked nand from the latest retail nand you have , i have put a tutorial in the downloads , it was written by rdubbs007 over at the tx forums so thank`s to him.

Back