help choosing reciever

sam1234567

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I live in UK and currently have sky subscription and want to end that and buy a receiver and point sky dish towards hotbird or eurosat.

Can you please recommend a receiver which could be patched regularly and which direction should i point to get movies and sport channels.

I am new so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

I live in UK and currently have sky subscription and want to end that and buy a receiver and point sky dish towards hotbird or eurosat.

Can you please recommend a receiver which could be patched regularly and which direction should i point to get movies and sport channels.

I am new so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

firstly try saying hello in the intro section as its considerd polite..... the sly zone1 dish isnt much use for anything other than [email protected] so you would need a new dish if you intend on recieving astra1,hotbird or similar and if you want to use a box with softcam/biss keys then you really need a motorised system to get the best from it. as a good quality starter kit something like a triax td88 dish inverto black ultra lnb and a tm2600 motor used with a tm5402hd will get you a great selection of channels and feeds and give you access to footy,movies and xxx. this is a hobby and not that cheap to get going although if you fit the stuff yourself you could be up a running for £250. regards mdt

Last edited:
Hi mdt,

Thanks for the info(sorry have introduced myself :)). if I want to buy motorized dish, is it easy to install and setup(do you recommend any links? or do i need a professional to set it up?

Also regarding footy and movie channels are they English?

Thanks

Hi mdt,

Thanks for the info(sorry have introduced myself :)). if I want to buy motorized dish, is it easy to install and setup(do you recommend any links? or do i need a professional to set it up?

Also regarding footy and movie channels are they English?

Thanks

you can set up a motorised dish if your a competent diy,er with the tools needed and a general south facing wall and clear line of sight... you can of course pay someone to install it but your looking at £100 minimum and for a professional quality install your talking nearer £150. as for the stuff you would be better sourcing the stuff seperatly but i cant recommend any suppliers as its against forum rules,regards mdt

Back