HD Box which one to go for?

I've tested this boxes with Viasat Baltic/Nordic NDS cards via mgcamd/newcs. It work perfect for me. But I don't know, maybe Sky UK have other card version. Did you put your box id in the boxkey newcs string?

I have been told the boxid is no longer needed, newcs is capable of reading it from the card now. Apparently is definitely an issue with UK ND*S cards.

I know about auto box id in newcs. But this function don't work correct in latest versions, for my cards at least. If I stay it blank - channels don't open, if I put my boxid - all works perfect.

having the dreambox v Cuberevo-mini HD debate in my head at the mo.

Currently using ccam for sharing purposes will the cuberevo be able to do this?

and what is the PVR function like when used with external drive? and does it support a long epg for sly etc?

Mine hasnt arrived yet but ive done plenty of reading up on it

CCCAM isnt supported but there is a program that can connect to a CCCAM C line (latest release allows multiple clients)

not sure about the EPG function yet i know there was issues with it not being able to read EPG on different transponders or something?

Maybe someone else such as aftermath or Bro can comment on the EPG as i couldnt find any info myself

I know about auto box id in newcs. But this function don't work correct in latest versions, for my cards at least. If I stay it blank - channels don't open, if I put my boxid - all works perfect.

Well I will try entering the boxid, no harm in ruling it out, but the problem is quite significant with UK ND*S cards in that NewCS causes the receiver to reboot as soon as the card is detected as an NDS card, so unfortunately nothing as simple as just not decoding properly :-(

This is even with the latest NLB image and the latest Incubus .70 too!

Last edited:
Latest NLB image is very buggy for me, I use previous version now. Sorry, but I haven't acces to any Sky UK card here. What you can see in newcs log: do your card recognised as NDS? You also can try to use older newcs sh4 bin files in your image, simple replace it and put 755 attributes. Latest versions of newcs were released for some specific ECMs, but many functions was broken.

Last edited:
I'm very sorry, but please, explain for me why cccam protocol is so popular for Wester Europe packages? My prefered packages CS providers use mainly newcamd/camd3 protocols. Newcamd works like a charm for me: it is TCP based, newcs - is greatest cardserver, with original based IPBOX/DGS images I can use mgcamd as client, with E2 I use mpcs, and both works great. Why cccam?

I think the reason it is so popular is its ease of use, in saying that i mean you can get up and running pretty quick so once you are up and running you tend to stick with it. No doubt newcs is excellent but the stigma attached to cards showing as hop2 is why people dont use it until they have to.

The facts are pretty simple, people are not going to change their servers as they are established and running fine.. Its the recievers (firmware) that is going to have to become more compatible with cccam if they want to do well.

Everyone has a personal choice in what they want to use but one will always come out on top but that doesn't always mean it's the best. Big payservers will always opt to run their cards through newscs not because the card needs it but because they can get more onto the card..

Any one have any other opinions?

Si

i use newcamd/newcs and mgcamd as card servers/clients software on dreambox and TM9100 receivers

if you want me to take a look at your configs to see if i can see anything obvious that may be stopping this from working, send me a PM

To tell the truth, I'm never used cccam with own protocol (only as newcamd client). But for the first impression mgcamd looks much more easy for config, with same results.

boxid made no difference, I have checked threads out on other forums and apparently UK ND*S cards have never worked on IPBox/Cube internal card readers.

There is even a discussion about putting external Phoenix reader on the boxes to get round the problem, its rather messy and involves having to use a USB to Serial interface too as the IPBox/Cube's Serial Interface is used for console only.

Whilst this is a work-around, I personally think it doesn't help push the issue forward because people will just get used to have external 3rd party stuff hanging off the back of the receiver. Call me fussy, but that's just not acceptable to me!

Then Viasat used difference NDS card version, as I think. Sorry, I can't to help without Sky UK card. My friend have one, but it is very old version and it work in server :)

You also can use some DM500 clones as the server or external network cardreader. I can offer high quality clone (Netbox 100S, original DM500S IP address) for 80EUR only.

Last edited:
ok, I finally for a line to test with, anyone quickly know which conf file I have to use on the NLB image?

what type off server are you trying to connect to ?

cccam, I believe its possible with incubus ?

yeah thats right, you need to get incubuscamd installed.

Si

For drh: If you will try to use your local NDS card with mgcamd/newcs I'll try to help (I need your logs). I am used it for about 4 years and I know some secrets, I'll try to have sky uk card, but not promised.

Last edited:
If you will try to use your local card with mgcamd/newcs I'l try to help (I need your logs). I am used it for about 4 years and I know some secrets, I'll try to have sky uk card, but not promised.

Cool, I'm just trying to get the box working with a test line i've just been given and then I can get back to trying to get local nd*s card working :)

Finally: we talk here about what HD box is better. DGStation receivers have better hardware (and most testers confirm it), Dream Multimedia boxes lost in hardware, but firmware is much more better at presnt moment (I sell only DGS products, but I've tested both platforms, and I can confirm: DM800HD is the leader for firmware now, but don't forget about DGS E2 - its grow, and finally will be great). What is your choice? I hope the story with SD boxes from DGS will be the same for their HD (SD boxes from DGS have now all most popular Enigma based images, and picture quality can be compare with DM7020S, but not with DM500S, it much more better, than 500S). I have some closed info about E1 for DGS/IPBOX but cant to talk about it. When it will be released we will look who is the winner...........

Last edited:
Finally: we talk here about what HD box is better. DGStation receivers have better hardware (and most testers confirm it), Dream Multimedia boxes lost in hardware, but firmware is much more better at presnt moment (I sell only DGS products, but I've tested both platforms, and I can confirm: DM800HD is the leader for firmware now, but don't forget about DGS E2 - its grow, and finally will be great). What is your choice? I hope the story with SD boxes from DGS will be the same for their HD (SD boxes from DGS have now all most popular Enigma based images, and picture quality can be compare with DM7020S, but not with DM500S, it much more better, than 500S). I have some closed info about E1 for DGS/IPBOX but cant to talk about it. When it will be released we will look who is the winner...........

cubarevo has better hardware??? possibly, but in this game hardware is not the key, software is and DGS with it 1 or was it 2 programers have and always will lag way behind DM. Unfortunatly for all DGS owners you are relying on 3rd party teams to sort minor issues which infact DGS should have sorted and that will always be the case. it will always be behind DM and playing catch up.

Enigma 1 which has been promised for a year now will only be sutible for single tuner boxes so where does that leave the 9000?

anyway i can confirm that sly uk card wont work in the card slots due to DGS being inept at programing, look about for a guy named sandali who had to make the current driver set for the sci readers that DGS then used. he will be the only 1 you will get any joy out of on this subject.

EPG is non existant in DGS images (dont know about Enigma 2) again due to DGS's inept attempt at programing that only picks up EPG for the channel you are on then deletes it all at shut down???? wtf. so to finish it of its a PVR without the abilty to be a PVR

there is an old saying you pay for what you get....

Back