HD Box which one to go for?

I got it from ebay some guy in estonia is selling them. think someone in these forums is selling them

Bro or Aftermath

I was wondering if Enigma2 is able to setup the LAN? I read there is issues with DHCP but can the ip and default gateway be set up manuallu

mine is working ok mate,give us a shout if you need any help

Hi, I am this "some guy in Estonia". Now free high quality HDMI 1,5m gold plated cable included in the listing price 269EUR. With free shipping, of course. Cuberevo, 3000HD, mini(Cable), 250HD and 200HD(with DVB-S2) will be avaliable at the end of this month with very competitive prices.

Last edited:
Hi, I am this "some guy in Estonia". Now free high quality HDMI 1,5m gold plated cable included in the listing price 269EUR. With free shipping, of course. Cuberevo, 3000HD, mini(Cable), 250HD and 200HD(with DVB-S2) will be avaliable at the end of this month with very competitive prices.

Welcome to dw estonia guy dont be a stranger any help or advice you can offer on this box will be of great use on the forums. :)

Could you clear up the vat issues that some people have had? some people getting the boxes held at customs and some not?

Si

What problems with taxes? Estonia is the EU member since 2004, so no any buyers from EU don't need to pay any customs or VAT.

We all know that but i dont think them at customs do.:) There has been a couple of cases i have seen posted on forums i should say and not from personal experience where the boxes have been held by them for a few days extra. Maybe to find out if there is any duty to be paid..?

I just thought it would give you chance to but peoples mind at ease that there should be no problems.

Si

My company bought this receivers directly in Korea and all EU taxes was paid during customs clearance. All incoming parcels in EU countries go from customs in destination country. I dont know why some my parcels have delay in UK customs, but not for duties, of course.

Was I one of the people who got one of those HDMI cables? Mine got dispatched on the 6th March

Hi everyone,

Wow this has been an interesting time.

I purchased a CubeRevo HD box (aka IPBox 9000 HD) a week or so ago and the amount of forums I have joined is now into double digits :)

I will pass on some things I have learned (the hard way) that might be of use to others.

As a newbie to CS, I have no server details so initially I spent ages trying to get this box working with my own local card (a sk*y ND*s card). Under normal circumstances this would be a logical and sensible decision. After-all when you get a new bit of kit you can't wait to get it up and running right?

Well this theory turned out to be a bad one, after spending many frustrating hours (probably days), flashing various team images onto the box, manually installing Card Server software and Emulators, using preloaded stuff embedded in some images like NLB. I eventually found out that these receivers are not capable of running a local ND*S card in their internal card readers!! :-(

I am passed my initial anger now about that, but trust me this box nearly went out the window several times and I nearly subscribed to anger management classes on a few occasions!! :)

Since I am not able to use my local card, I would very much appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction (via PM if necessary) on getting some service up on this box even if it is only temporary. I am sure some of you experienced in CS have an idea of how frustrating it can be to have the facilities but not the final ingredient to see any benefit.

I currently have the latest NLB image 9047 which has NewCS installed by default with MGcamd, Mbox and I have updated to Incubus .70.
I gather I just need to edit a conf file for Incubus with some magic settings to see some benefit but that part is still eluding me.

I will be happy to report back on stability etc if it helps anyone in the future make a decision about upgrading their existing box to one of these but I can't comment at the moment until I get some viewing up-time :)

What I can say is the quality is amazing on free-to-air stuff , but theres only so many times you can watch the BBC HD Preview channel wrap its content every 30 odd minutes, hehehehe.

Last edited:
Yes this is an option but requires me to buy additonal hardware and have stuff hanging off the back of the receiver.
Not really ideal, and when you've paid a high price for what should be one of the premium linux receivers currently on the market, I think its quite poor that the internal card readers arn't even capable of reading an ND*S card when the dreambox can for a lot less money!

A dm800 can not read that card directly to an emu it has to be read through newcs first. There seems to be a pattern with all new recievers and the card you are using (it takes some work to get up and running now there is a conspiracy theory:))

Do you not have another box maybe a dm500?

Si

No, I thought I'd spent enough on 1 box as it was, hehehe.

what did you want out off the box? and what is you setup? fixed dish or motorised etc?

Si

I've tested this boxes with Viasat Baltic/Nordic NDS cards via mgcamd/newcs. It work perfect for me. But I don't know, maybe Sky UK have other card version. Did you put your box id in the boxkey newcs string?

I have a static dish installed a the moment and a motorised setup in the shed (that I have never put up).

I'm not that bothered about picking up other satellites to be honest.

Being able to replace my standard def Sk*y box with the dual tuner CubeRevo HD box (that I have already bought) and be able to use my exisitng legitimate subscription would be a start but as thats out of the question at the moment, being able to share a Sk*y sub would at least get me up and running even if it was only the same package I already have (on my not usable local card).

having the dreambox v Cuberevo-mini HD debate in my head at the mo.

Currently using ccam for sharing purposes will the cuberevo be able to do this?

and what is the PVR function like when used with external drive? and does it support a long epg for sly etc?

Back