HD Box which one to go for?

cubarevo has better hardware??? possibly, but in this game hardware is not the key, software is and DGS with it 1 or was it 2 programers have and always will lag way behind DM. Unfortunatly for all DGS owners you are relying on 3rd party teams to sort minor issues which infact DGS should have sorted and that will always be the case. it will always be behind DM and playing catch up.

Completely agree with you there, I think the box is incredible (spec wise) and tonight I finally managed to get it (partially working) and see more HD channels in action but I feel DGS are letting it down big style and the 3rd party teams have a mountain to climb also. I am getting continuity problems though through CS and I don't think its the provider, I think its Incubus keeps stopping.

Enigma 1 which has been promised for a year now will only be sutible for single tuner boxes so where does that leave the 9000?

I have Enigma 020 pkt installed the other day, I might try putting it back on tomorrow to see if I can get more stability with the EMU.

anyway i can confirm that sly uk card wont work in the card slots due to DGS being inept at programing, look about for a guy named sandali who had to make the current driver set for the sci readers that DGS then used. he will be the only 1 you will get any joy out of on this subject.

Yes, I wasted 3 days on that, there was a guy in the thread that knew that flaw but he didn't work out I was trying to use an NDS card for ages :-(

EPG is non existant in DGS images (dont know about Enigma 2) again due to DGS's inept attempt at programing that only picks up EPG for the channel you are on then deletes it all at shut down???? wtf. so to finish it of its a PVR without the abilty to be a PVR

Again completely agree, although I now realise nothing it going to stack up to my old Tivo for EPG , Wishlists and Season Pass functionality :-(

there is an old saying you pay for what you get....

Well I indeed paid through the nose for a CubeRevo HD and what I got was a potentially great receiver on paper but something that in reality probably needs all the teams to collaborate and spend a good 12 months serious developing to come up with one good sound image release (thats not going to happen though).

Is it possible to play MKV files on CubeRevo? Whats playback like?

does the CubeRevo only support fat32? if so how would i go about playing files which are usually over 4GB?

Is it possible to play MKV files on CubeRevo? Whats playback like?

does the CubeRevo only support fat32? if so how would i go about playing files which are usually over 4GB?

I think it supports ext2 and ext3

Well my CubeRevo Mini arrived today.

Looks good had Enigma2 on it which looks sweet but i just havent got a clue how to change my IP address so ive installed NLB image

Bro beware (I'm struggling already!)

:salute:..............................................................

Well my CubeRevo Mini arrived today.

Looks good had Enigma2 on it which looks sweet but i just havent got a clue how to change my IP address so ive installed NLB image

Bro beware (I'm struggling already!)

was it the flash version of enigma,it is only possible to change the ip with it installed on memory stick

Just to update from my previous post, there has been a driver update to the dm800 which has given it the ability to read a certain card from the uk directly through cccam.

Si

Well i've had the box for a few days so i thought i'd pass on my opinion.

Took me about 2 days to understand how things work within the image, installing addons, flasing new images etc etc

The appearance of the DGS based images isnt the best. I installed the Sifteam with PKT addon and it works very well all updates are done via the image online alot like the dreambox images

Even though it doesnt look very appealing to the eye it does the job and 99% of your time is spent watching tv and not looking at the EPG so i dont think this is an issue

I installed Incubus 0.7.5 and after about 4 hours trying to get it to work (amazing what problems a missing # can cause!) it ran just fine! performance is on par with cccam on Eagle Linux for just clearing channels

Its went a bit downhill though at the moment but im not sure if thats my server or the box as it worked flawlessly for 3 solid days (might be the image i've got on)

I think for the price this box is very good if all your after is watching tv. Its only let down my its none exsistant support for EPG on Sky UK. Now and Next is the only thing really available at the moment (SKY ITA and other European Providers have addons which either rip stream or download from the internet)

This pretty much leaves the PVR function useless (Other than pausing or recording when your infront of the tv)

I also installed the Sifteam Enigma2 0.2.0 with PKT addon (which was a nightmare to install!) and it looks awesome! Plenty of good skins and addons all it needs is a little time to program out all the bugs (which there is alot of since its in beta stage)

I found the box crashed quite a bit even just changing a channel so i'd avoid E2 until atleast its next release

All in all its a nice little box and I dont regret the £240 i paid for it. Anyone who doesnt want to pay £400 for a dm800 and all they want to do is watch HDTV then i'd say go for it! cccam c lines work just fine and i personally dont see much difference in performance between Incubus and my Eagle running CCCAM

Last edited:
Well i've had the box for a few days so i thought i'd pass on my opinion.

Took me about 2 days to understand how things work within the image, installing addons, flasing new images etc etc

The appearance of the DGS based images isnt the best. I installed the Sifteam with PKT addon and it works very well all updates are done via the image online alot like the dreambox images

Even though it doesnt look very appealing to the eye it does the job and 99% of your time is spent watching tv and not looking at the EPG so i dont think this is an issue

I installed Incubus 0.7.5 and after about 4 hours trying to get it to work (amazing what problems a missing # can cause!) it ran just fine! performance is on par with cccam on Eagle Linux for just clearing channels

Its went a bit downhill though at the moment but im not sure if thats my server or the box as it worked flawlessly for 3 solid days (might be the image i've got on)

I think for the price this box is very good if all your after is watching tv. Its only let down my its none exsistant support for EPG on Sky UK. Now and Next is the only thing really available at the moment (SKY ITA and other European Providers have addons which either rip stream or download from the internet)

This pretty much leaves the PVR function useless (Other than pausing or recording when your infront of the tv)

I also installed the Sifteam Enigma2 0.2.0 with PKT addon (which was a nightmare to install!) and it looks awesome! Plenty of good skins and addons all it needs is a little time to program out all the bugs (which there is alot of since its in beta stage)

I found the box crashed quite a bit even just changing a channel so i'd avoid E2 until atleast its next release

All in all its a nice little box and I dont regret the £240 i paid for it. Anyone who doesnt want to pay £400 for a dm800 and all they want to do is watch HDTV then i'd say go for it! cccam c lines work just fine and i personally dont see much difference in performance between Incubus and my Eagle running CCCAM

Thanks for reporting back telewest from what youve said i think i will stick with my 600 clone untill i can afford a dm 800 or somthing better comes along. I just don't have the time or the paitience to be constantly faffing with somthing just to get it to do what it should.

It does seem a really nice box with some great features that in theory or posibbly the future could work really well.

Thanks for reporting back telewest from what youve said i think i will stick with my 600 clone untill i can afford a dm 800 or somthing better comes along. I just don't have the time or the paitience to be constantly faffing with somthing just to get it to do what it should.

It does seem a really nice box with some great features that in theory or posibbly the future could work really well.

I've must of wasted like a whole day of my life walking from one room to another messing on with this thing!

I dont think this box is for those people who just like something to work and work well. I'll give it 2 more weeks and ill have sussed it all out and ill never have to bother with it again until a new image comes out

just to bump an old thread.

I'm looking at getting the PCH A-110 but thought might be worth updating my Dreambox....so of course thought ideal if could get a new HD receiver box that could also play mkvs.....

sooooo....did you manage to try getting this to play mkvs? I'm searching for answers but cant see any real testing with these receivers and mkv support at the moment

Back