HD Box which one to go for?

telewestTUM

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've just got a cheque from scottish power for £170 cos they've been over charging me for electric for 4 months now

Thinking of getting a new HD box after christmas but i just cant afford a DM800 at £400!

Looking at getting one of these

Kathrein UFS 910 HD £240 Locally
Cube Revo Mini 900 HD £300 online

both offer same type of feature i think but Cube Revo is more Expensive so im going to get the Kathrein

Does the kathrein and the Cube Revo use the same images or are they slightly different?

after some more investigation ive found there is still alot of issues with KAthrein and Cube Rvo is prob the same. CCCam client works but only for short perioid of time and crashes

just wish the dm800 would come down to £300!

Does anyone in the forum own a Kathrein UFS 910 HD?

ipbox is just the cube revo isnt it?

how does that work with cccam? incubus addon or whatever its called? or does cccam work with it now

ipbox is just the cube revo isnt it?

how does that work with cccam? incubus addon or whatever its called? or does cccam work with it now

Incubus camd
This cam currently will work as a Cccam client

New update of PKT mod - v.1.14 aswell now

- Added support for Phoenix by an adapter USB -> COM on the chip PL2303

At last ipbox with E2 may serve as cardserver
PS Phoenix and key connected to a USB hub
PS2 needed a full restart box

Incubus camd
This cam currently will work as a Cccam client

New update of PKT mod - v.1.14 aswell now

- Added support for Phoenix by an adapter USB -> COM on the chip PL2303

At last ipbox with E2 may serve as cardserver
PS Phoenix and key connected to a USB hub
PS2 needed a full restart box

That means nothing to me mate :/

So are you just using incubus addon with your ipbox? how well does it perform compared to cccam?

does it freeze whilst NDS regular? does it work constantly or does it crash after watching a channel for a while or freeze?

from what very little i have watched,only got it sorted yesterday night it is ok,nothing compares to CCcam at the moment but things are looking up and no freezing

Last edited:
Yeah i understand its to do with hops and lags in the share

but i was more interested in whether the non cccam client cam suffered more from freezes

but i also ment did it lock up completely or crash the box after using it for a while

read in the kathrein forum that there boxs crashed when using incubus for more than 20 mins

not sure how recent a version they where using though

How well does the ipbox and incubus perform when connecting to a cccam client? does it have any issues?

would like a little advice before i go and spend £240 on it

had a chance to watch it last night and it did freezes using an older sifteam image,going to reflash after and let you know how i get on

Thanks Bro

LEt me know how it gets on. are they still developing the incubus addon? i read somewhere there hasnt been any news on it in months

yes mate they still developing a few things for it including enigma 2,will have a play later and let you know the score mate

just been checking on ebay and the silver ones look very nice!!

just stuck a cheeky bid in for CubeRevo Mini Silver for £190 delivered from estonia! never seen e bay sellers from there before!

just been checking on ebay and the silver ones look very nice!!

just stuck a cheeky bid in for CubeRevo Mini Silver for £190 delivered from estonia! never seen e bay sellers from there before!

my advice is if you realy have to get a revo get the 910 cause the 900 is already outdated. also go to denktenk forum and read before you buy!! dont be another who is disapointed with their purchase expecting every thing to work cause it dont. you have been warned, however £190 is not so bad and if you aint happy its not so much of a loss. BUT if you can afford the dm800 get it...... hassel free sat viewing with a full range of support (something you will not get from DGS)

had the 9000 on for a few hours after disabling timeshift and seems ok,will keep an eye on it,also ask aftermath as he has one

had the 9000 on for a few hours after disabling timeshift and seems ok,will keep an eye on it,also ask aftermath as he has one

why do you need to disable the timeshift????? lol. aint that 1 of the major points of running DGS based software for the timeshift function (i know i do). and thats the thing with DGS in 12 months you will still be in the same boat with workarounds and temp fixes and it works but only if you disable this or that...... and in the mean time the dm800 & 8000 will be going from strength to strength while DGS sit on the side line...... and then you have the QboxHD which when it reaches the market will leave the ipbox/revo range as a second unused box for many people further slashing comunity support

I'd also say to t~tum to save his money rather than buy a kathrein or ipbox/revo, especially as he's mentioned wanting cccam. Cutting corners isnt the answer, just do without HD until you save up. :)

I'd also say to t~tum to save his money rather than buy a kathrein or ipbox/revo, especially as he's mentioned wanting cccam. Cutting corners isnt the answer, just do without HD until you save up. :)

I was just thinking this myself after upping my bid on ebay! still will only cost me £215 delivered which isnt too bad

i'll just have to switch over to newcamd or another which works well with cuberevo 900

Back