VU+ Duo Having a horrendous time of it with this VU DUO!!!!

MFCGMFC

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey all

im wanting to get my box working (first time since i got it over a year ago)

basically i have 1 feed from a static dish and 1 feed from my motorised dish

at the moment i have BH on it...i need to record something on sky uk to get the dish to move, but then i cant clear anything on any satellite?

when i had vix i just couldnt get the recording and epg to work?

is it possible to have this box work with the above combination with the added extras of an epg and recording??

I don't think there is anything wrong. Irrespective of which image you use, the receiver will prioritise the tuner with fewest satllites available. In your case the one with the fixed 28.2.

I am presuming that the dish moves when watching one and recording another. If just recordig the same chanenel, the dish does not move. Is this correct?

Once a tuner is being used, it will not be released until the task it is doing has completed. The tuners do not swap over during a recording.

Switch your LNB cables around on the tuner inputs and reconfigure the Tuner setup and I think youll be ok, it is all about tuner priority

The default setting for tuner priority is automatic. Swapping the cables around and changing configs to match wont change the situation as it will automtially select the new tuner with fewest options. You would be better off changing the tuner priority to what you want. For the Vix image, it is Menu > Setup > Sytem > Customise > Preferred Tuner. so something similar on Blackhole.

Downside if you prioritise the motorised tuner is that it will use that one as the main one. If you start a recording then it will record off the motorised tuner. So you wont be able to move it anyway. This is why the auto setting selects the tuner with fewest available satellites.

Slight tangent, but here is my setup. The benefit is that motor does not move to 28.2 as it utilises the fixed dish on that tuner.

Attachments

• Twin tuner motor and switch and other receivers.jpg
    Twin tuner motor and switch and other receivers.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 9
Dont record anything off 28.2. Selct a channel on 13e. Once this has shown, select another chanenl on say 19e. Does motor move and cahnenl on 19e show?

is it not possible to record something via the static tuner and still tune nto 28.2 and all the other sats using the motorised dish or am i going to have to get another box :(

It depends on how the recordings are taking place. Receiver will tune to chanenl using preferred tuner if available.

Let's assume that it is the static one.
A. If you perform an instant record, it will record off the active tuner. I'm pretty sure that the same applies to channels on same transponder. The second tuner is still free to do whatever it is configured for.

B. If you are watching something on the static dish and a timer record is about to start for a chanenl on another transponder. The motorised one will be used. This is becasue the static one is unavailable. At the time of the recording, both tuners will be occupied. One for what you were watching, and the other for recording taking place in the background. As mentioned above, the receiver will not swap over to the static one if it has already started to use the motorised. You can then only use chanenls on same transponder as the "locked" tuner.

The only way to free a tuner is to stop the recording, zap to the channel you want to record and then start the recording manually. You are therfore at scenario A.

i only record when im not in so that doesnt matter

i dont want to have to be recording a channel just to get my motorised dish to move tho

cant i just have a box that works the way i want

The dish won't move unless it needs to move.

What do you want?
What is wrong with using the fixed one for 28.2. It is already pointing at 28.2?

Enigma2 will function the same way on all receivers that use it.

Well i had this issue on my Duo with the Blackhole image, tuner priority can not be set on the BH image or it could not before i sold my DUO

What i did was set up a recording on 28 est and see which tuner it defaulted to. This tuner would then be used for the static 28 east dish and the motorised dish would go on the other tuner.

So yes swapping cable did work 100%

If this does not work for you mate it could be a image thing and maybe you could reflash and see if you have any luck.

Another thing make sure on the tuner using the static dish you set it up as

Simple
Single 28e

thans for the replies

my motorized dish seems to be out of line so will get up the ladders and get that sorted on the first decent day!

Back