Hacking a Freesat box?

Jewellers Hands

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new here and wasn't entirely sure where I should post this and most importantly whether I should post this. So please, feel free to remove/delete this thread if it is against the forum policy.

I've recently purchased a Freesat+ HD box, which is of course connected to my satellite on my house which once received our Sky signal when we had it. Now, my question is, considering it's hooked up to a Sky dish, is there a way of (inconspicuously) obtaining channels that would only usually be on Sky via hacking a Freesat box with alternate software?

I know it can be done, as in obtaining more channels than you should receive (but I have only seen this with nondescript Freeview boxes)... But can it be done with a Freesat box (such as viewing Sky channels such as Sky Movies etc etc).

Once again, apologies if this is something that should not be spoken about, and thank you in advance.

Hi,

I'm new here and wasn't entirely sure where I should post this and most importantly whether I should post this. So please, feel free to remove/delete this thread if it is against the forum policy.

I've recently purchased a Freesat+ HD box, which is of course connected to my satellite on my house which once received our Sky signal when we had it. Now, my question is, considering it's hooked up to a Sky dish, is there a way of (inconspicuously) obtaining channels that would only usually be on Sky via hacking a Freesat box with alternate software?

I know it can be done, as in obtaining more channels than you should receive (but I have only seen this with nondescript Freeview boxes)... But can it be done with a Freesat box (such as viewing Sky channels such as Sky Movies etc etc).

Once again, apologies if this is something that should not be spoken about, and thank you in advance.

your best bet is to get a linux based box or something similar and look into card sharing, all the info you'll need is in the sat sections :)

Back