GU10 LED Replacement Bulbs ?

Well since you asked and amended your post from "Dinners" to "Dibbers" I guess so....lol.! and yes mate, they are bright.....(and really, really dim when they are off, read above..)

PM sent mate.

Lol sorry about that, iPhone auto correct.

Thanks for the info.

no problem'o' and don't forget there's two, warm white and day white or some thing like that, I've gone for the warm white.

Right that's enough talk in this thread for a day and I'm waiting for Exos to report back with his "on/off" findings! So catch you in a bit, PM sent.

Cheers

Right that's enough talk in this thread for a day and I'm waiting for Exos to report back with his "on/off" findings!

Was I supposed to do something. I turned my lights off and couldn't see, is that right or do i need to eat more carrots?

lmfao, more carrots me thinks, lol..! I can't remember even seeing them last night, but saying that the sleeping tablets did kick in, not that you need sleeping tablets of course to use these...that would be silly if every pack of GU10's came with some "sleepers"

Not sure I could live with SMD in the bedroom, it would mean I could see my arse in the mirror on the ceiling...

is your head on back to front, lol, I can't work that one out.....

is your head on back to front, lol, I can't work that one out.....

Crap, yeah your right. Er..I have a water bed, and the reflection on the surface I can see in the Mirror.....

Phew...saved that one, not that I would have anyone imagine my arse in a mirror lol, especially when we are talking about bulbs....so I'm now thinking how i got from one to the other....hmmm

lol! I thought for a second you might have been related to Linda Blair from the exorcist for a minute there.....

lol so when u turn them off they are still on ? dont get that..mine go off and stay off straight away lol,
but no dont look at them when they are on , they will hurt.
also warm white is the colour to get

Hi I have fitted LED lamps in 3 locations now and all look great you just need to pick the right type for the job (and that’s the tricky bit really) there is also natural daylight (light of a summers day) to consider along with the warm and cool white, again this will effect how the final lighting looks, as they suggest the warm white colour spectrum will look warm but at the cost of light (think of flames from a log fire) cool white will appear the brightest but cold of course (cold light of a snow covered floor in the middle of the day).

I have fitted natural daylight lamps in a pale bathroom and there fantastic just 3 lamps light the room (7w each), there is also a 12v version and I fitted one of these in the extractor head over the shower to replace the 50w halogen (you should buy the power supply about £8.00 as the ones supplied built into the extractor unit don’t give a stable enough power supply to such small load), along with a strip LED under the mirrored cabinet and a decretive strip light over the mirror for the gaffer both 12v, giving 3 different options or all 3 if needed.
Another bit to note is the lamps although state a direct replacement they do tend to be 1 to 2 mm longer or a slightly different profile so if fitting in a lensed fitting be carefull (some websites do provide detailed drawings of each lamp) and one final thing these lamps (spot lamps) just like the ones your looking to replace have a tight angle of beam so are not going to light a wide area with 1 or 2 lamps as i said at the start people need to pick the right lamp for the right job. Sorry if going a bit of topic but the extra info may help others, :Cool2:

Have a look here there not the cheapest but they gave me great service, Energy saving lamps offer a large range and advice, also for the smaller decretive jobs Wickes have a nice range.

Last edited:
Rep left for you nelly, they have had such a good right up these bulbs like. Thanks for your input.

Coronal mass ejection !!! there mega! ha! have you looked at one and then looked at the wall yet to see the face of Jesus appear whilst rapidly blinking? just don't do it man!

They should be renamed too sunspot 1158.!

OMG. I thought i was watching poltergeist...and your right I saw jesus, having dinner, there where a few people around him saying wtf is that guy doing with the torch looking at us...

Don't go into the light....wohohooooooo

Ha no worries man, you won't be disappointed, why not just grab your self a couple and see how you like them but for the energy saving and the light that they give off they win hands down.

I was a little "£4.29" mmmmmm, I'll wait and see, but honest they really are great, how ever all the cost saving that I've done and the energy that I've saved I just wasted as when I got home I just realised to my horror that I'd left the 3KW oil filled radiator on in the lab on no.4 so it's been pumping out lots of heat when I wasn't in, I've even went a bit anal and put time switches on most of the power zapping appliances, not the kettle and that of course all though I do manage to make a cold cup of coffee now and then and that's not to save energy it's just I forgot to boil it.! nothing better than making a stone cold cup of coffee, I like cold coffee, you know in them cans but when you make it your self it's just not the same.

I've also bought some GU9's for the lamps around the lab, might as well go for it with no holes barred if your going to do it.

I might end up actually getting a minus reading on the meter the way this is going.

and mate, don't even squint, they'll burn the back of your eyes out, I'm thinking of under cutting the laser eye surgery adverts that you see on the TV and setting up a clinic here in the lab.

I'll PM you mate with the link where I got them.

Have fun and "DON'T LOOK INTO THE LIGHT!"

Dibbs.

Hi Dibbers,

could I have the link please?

Also, have got a lot of "normal" bulbs with screw fix & bayonet fittings, can you get converters for these to use the smd LED's?

Thanks
Calisto

yes mate you can, all I done is bought of egay mate, that's the link as to speak, they were nice and cheap and work great.

Yeah you can get converters and that for them and you can also get normal SMD light bulb fittings, have a play with maybe getting one or two before going the full hog and buying loads and that.

I'll send you the link where I got them from as they were at a great price.

Thanks

Back